Kirk Cousins ends run with Vikings, signs with ATL (p.36)

vike daddy

3 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

I heard a rumor that Jennifer Lawrence is interested in Vike Daddy. 

To be clear, there's a kernal of truth in all rumors. So the kernal here is J-Lawrence is either into: vikes or daddies.

• Like 3

This situation with Kirk appears to be consistent with other situations the Vikings have had with pending free agents in the past.  The one that comes to mind is Everson and that one year they let him go into the "legal tampering" period to see what his value was.  In his case, he didn't find a taker that would give him more than what he would get here.   In this case, Kirk might. 

If KAM and KOC want Cousins back im calling his bluff, I don't think he truly wants to leave. If he wants to be here it's under $40m.

If he does leave for the money then his previous words regarding his decision not being about money will leave me scratching my head.

Edited by BWG VIKE

13 minutes ago, BWG VIKE said:

If KAM and KOC want Cousins back im calling his bluff, I don't think he truly wants to leave. If he wants to be here it's under $40m.

If he does leave for the money then his previous words regarding his decision not being about money will leave me scratching my head.

Anything under $40M was likely a pipe dream. And there’s no reason to not believe what Cousins has said, it’s not about the money. It’s what the money signifies. Cousins wants a team to commit to him as their starter. He wants guarantees beyond one year. Per reports, the Vikings aren’t willing to do that again. 

While Kwesi and O’Connell may like Cousins, and they may want him back, it’s very obvious that they both also want to find their young, franchise QB to build around.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, BWG VIKE said:

I took that quote as him not needing the money but also not willing to take much of a discount

My final prediction as we inch closer to the tampering period. We resign Cousins to a 3 year 80m guaranteed before the new league year starts. 

Minnesota stays the competitive rebuild course and goes into the draft not desperate leaving all options on the table. They can sit back and let a potential QB fall to team at 11 or in round 2 or even potentially trade back with possibly being in a prime trade back position for teams looking at WR or QB4 if we prefer to sit back on Penix, Nix or Rattler.

It's so refreshing me being neutral in this situation. Years past dealing with potentially moving on from favorites has often left me down.

Edited by BWG VIKE
  • Like 2

With that Monday date right around the corner, ESPN’s Field Yates made this remark in a recent piece: “No need to overthink this one, as Cousins is going to cash in once again, despite being just 4½ months removed from a torn right Achilles. He was playing outstanding football at the time of his injury and is the best free agent quarterback available in a thin market and in a league with a bunch of teams desperate for an upgrade. If you told me that Cousins winds up signing a two-year, $100 million fully guaranteed contract, I would not be stunned.”

If Cousins were to garner a contract of $50 million in AAV for the 2024 season, it would place him at the fifth-highest average price point for a QB in the NFL behind only Joe Burrow ($55 million), Justin Herbert ($52.5 million), Lamar Jackson ($52 million), and Jalen Hurts ($51 million), per Spotrac.

https://vikingsterritory.com/2024/news/top_news/kirk-cousins-contract?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook