Kirk Cousins ends run with Vikings, signs with ATL (p.36)

vike daddy

16 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

That probably means the end for Cousins. Vikings are standing on their offer and I support that decision, I would cirlce back to Mayfields contact on reasons to except current suspected offer.

Vikings can't sit back and wait on his decision any longer they need to be on the Wilkins and Huff sweepstakes at noon tomorrow if that is the route Vikings decide to take.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vike daddy said:

how the heck could Denver afford Cousins at 40 mil a year (or more) guaranteed...?

The Broncos have clear a lot of cap space. I believe they are right around $31M. If they want to give Cousins a multi-year deal they can maneuver money around, add void years, etc. 

They could make it work. Whether or not they should is a different question. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

And just how do you think Denver is going to pay for him? And if they can’t afford him, what else about that dumpster fire would interest him?

Minnesota Vikings quarterback Kirk Cousins is expected to test out NFL free agency amid potential interest from the Atlanta Falcons and Denver Broncos, per NFL Network's Tom Pelissero.

@vike daddy

1 hour ago, CriminalMind said:

Minnesota Vikings quarterback Kirk Cousins is expected to test out NFL free agency amid potential interest from the Atlanta Falcons and Denver Broncos, per NFL Network's Tom Pelissero.

@vike daddy

i don't understand what i'm being alerted to here...

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

i wonder if Kirk comes back to the Vikings if it doesn't work out with Atlanta, saying he's ready to accept the Minny offer, and they tell him... "we live in a different world than we did thirty seconds ago, that offer's off the table." 

lol

Edited by vike daddy
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

i wonder if Kirk comes back to the Vikings if it doesn't work out with Atlanta, saying he's ready to accept the Minny offer, and they tell him... "we live in a different world than we did thirty seconds ago, that offer's off the table." 

lol

They should

• Like 3

7 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

I don’t think the Vikings are going to wait for him. They’ve made their offer, take it or leave it. If he doesn’t take it, they’ll move forward without him. 

At this point, wrong or right, I’m ready to move on. I’ve beat this dead horse for a while now. I give Kirk no options with signing back with the Vikings at this juncture. No anger or malice on our front, just a “Thanks for your service, good luck in your future endeavors.” I have no qualms or worries that this team will build back stronger with their QBOTF. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vike daddy said:

lol

Didn’t even read this before I posted. We need to take control of this situation. The Vikings have offered a number/term that they feel comfortable offering. Take it or leave it, we are not playing around. Time to move on! Kirk is doing his thing, no disrespect. But we gotta maintain our dignity and respect. I feel like we are getting played and manipulated. Move on to a new QBOTF. We will not only survive, we will thrive. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, marshpit23 said:

no disrespect. But we gotta maintain our dignity and respect. I feel like we are getting played and manipulated. 

nah. if anything (from what we know) the Vikings drove this situation and held the upper hand. still do.

25 minutes ago, marshpit23 said:

Didn’t even read this before I posted. We need to take control of this situation. The Vikings have offered a number/term that they feel comfortable offering. Take it or leave it, we are not playing around. Time to move on! Kirk is doing his thing, no disrespect. But we gotta maintain our dignity and respect. I feel like we are getting played and manipulated. Move on to a new QBOTF. We will not only survive, we will thrive. 

What does this even mean? It's a contract negotiation. 

• Like 1