Kirk Cousins ends run with Vikings, signs with ATL (p.36)

vike daddy

24 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

I just hope the Vikings organization does not fold to Cousins. Let him go, like they should have after the first 3-yr contract

At the time, extending Cousins was the right decision. With Kirk, the Vikings got to see what we have in JJ and he was a safe QB for O'Connell in his first couple of seasons as HC.  I'm okay with that decision...but, it's time to move forward and see what O'Connell is made of.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Captain Relax said:

At the time, extending Cousins was the right decision. With Kirk, the Vikings got to see what we have in JJ and he was a safe QB for O'Connell in his first couple of seasons as HC.  I'm okay with that decision...but, it's time to move forward and see what O'Connell is made of.

Agreed. There was nothing wrong with giving Cousins that first extension. 

The mistake was failing to properly address his successor following the extension. The Vikings had a prime opportunity in 2021. 

The Vikings are in a similar situation again, and it looks like they’re going to take a swing. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Captain Relax said:

I kind of feel like it's the same situation, to be honest, and I can understand going either way.  It will be tough not take a step back when Kirk leaves, but we also don't seem to be accomplishing anything meaningful with him here.

51 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Agreed. There was nothing wrong with giving Cousins that first extension. 

The mistake was failing to properly address his successor following the extension. The Vikings had a prime opportunity in 2021. 

The Vikings are in a similar situation again, and it looks like they’re going to take a swing. 

We were right to not take one of the 2021 rookie QBs though.

I think he's gone. Atlanta seems logical although I could see LV make a move for him.

4 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

We were right to not take one of the 2021 rookie QBs though

Maybe, maybe not. The Vikings would have offered a much better situation to a young QB. The outcome could have been very different. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

We were right to not take one of the 2021 rookie QBs though.

I think he's gone. Atlanta seems logical although I could see LV make a move for him.

It's not that the 2021 QBs were historically bad, it's that the teams that drafted them, except Jax...maybe, did a historically AWFUL job of developing them.

• Like 1