5 up 5 down.

Bonanza23

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Somewhere mike is grabbing his hot wife’s *** while she’s grilling 30 pounds of steak for Tony Romo and absolutely fuming that the Browns are winning without Baker Mayfield, Ojobo, DE Davis, Jamo, other players we’d have no chance at obtaining and a slew of numbers with misplaced commas.

no worries

• Like 6

Really the only “down” I have other than the injuries are that Ford and Strong can’t hold onto the ball. I’m 💯 okay with the interceptions from Flacco downfield and taking the bad with the good, but it was clear KS wanted to rest Hunt and only use Hunt in short yardage goal to go type situations, and could t because those dudes just don’t get it yet.

Strong can’t block or hold onto the ball which is a shame because he might be the best pure runner we have.

Ford shows flashes of being legitimately good followed by large stretches of back breaking frustration.

I hope Moore is okay. We need him and Cooper back.

4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

This is my favorite Browns team and season ever. Let the magic continue.

It’s been a great time for sure and the best part of it for me has been the culture change. 

They compete. To use the old cliche they’ve become the hammer and not the nail. They don’t get rattled, don’t start bickering ehen things aren’t going well, nothing.  Just keep playing, keep competing and stay focused.

We’ve watched the Steelers and Ravens win consistently for deceases doing exactly this and it’s nice to see that they’ve finally figured out to match them in that regard.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Really the only “down” I have other than the injuries are that Ford and Strong can’t hold onto the ball. I’m 💯 okay with the interceptions from Flacco downfield and taking the bad with the good, but it was clear KS wanted to rest Hunt and only use Hunt in short yardage goal to go type situations, and could t because those dudes just don’t get it yet.

yep.  Flaccos picks are essentially baked into the game plan.  You can’t expect a dude to throw it up like he does and not have some go to the other team.  As long as they don’t account for points or are sloppy given down/distance I’m cool. Even the pick last night wasn’t bothersome to me as it was really just a spectacular play imo.  Sort of shrug your shoulders and acknowledge they have professionals on their side too.

The fumbles have to stop though.  3 in one game by 3 different dudes is insane. You can do this against the jets week 17, but it’s gonna cost you he game against good teams.

Strong can’t block or hold onto the ball which is a shame because he might be the best pure runner we have.

agreed.  I can absolutely see why BB was fine with trading him. Can’t play a guy you don’t trust to do those things.

Ford shows flashes of being legitimately good followed by large stretches of back breaking frustration.

He’s absolutely making it impossible for us not to draft some competition for him next year.

I hope Moore is okay. We need him and Cooper back.

Yeah, the replays were…. not good.  I’d imagine he’s 100% out against Cincy.  Or should be.  Hopefully he’s ready for the playoffs.

7 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

yep.  Flaccos picks are essentially baked into the game plan.  You can’t expect a dude to throw it up like he does and not have some go to the other team.  As long as they don’t account for points or are sloppy given down/distance I’m cool. Even the pick last night wasn’t bothersome to me as it was really just a spectacular play imo.  Sort of shrug your shoulders and acknowledge they have professionals on their side too.

The fumbles have to stop though.  3 in one game by 3 different dudes is insane. You can do this against the jets week 17, but it’s gonna cost you he game against good teams.

agreed.  I can absolutely see why BB was fine with trading him. Can’t play a guy you don’t trust to do those things.

He’s absolutely making it impossible for us not to draft some competition for him next year.

Yeah, the replays were…. not good.  I’d imagine he’s 100% out against Cincy.  Or should be.  Hopefully he’s ready for the playoffs.

Essentially I just want everyone important to get a rest and heal up..... do I want to win the division sure as that would mean a home playoff game but if Baltimore wins sunday I wont be too broken up about it because that will give us even more incentive to rest guys and let them heal up

10 minutes ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

Essentially I just want everyone important to get a rest and heal up..... do I want to win the division sure as that would mean a home playoff game but if Baltimore wins sunday I wont be too broken up about it because that will give us even more incentive to rest guys and let them heal up

The issue isn’t the division, it’s the one seed.  If the Ravens lose on Sunday they’re in a tricky spot imo.  It keeps the potential for not just the division, but the 1 seed alive which would give them a bye and home field throughout.

The issue becomes it’s not just “beat the Bengals and you’re the 1 seed”.  It’s beat the bengals, Buffalo beats Miami and Pittsburgh beats Baltimore.   All of which is entirely possible even if not likely.

So with that said you’re forced to choose between giving guys rest against the Bengals and perhaps conceding that game but being ready to face the AFCS winner on the road vs going all in on trying to get the one seed and not resting guys.  

Best case we rest guys against the Bengals, win anyway and all that stuff happens and we get the 1 seed.  Worst case we don’t rest guys and go for the one seed but don’t get it and have to travel the following week having missed an opportunity to rest some key guys.

41 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The issue isn’t the division, it’s the one seed.  If the Ravens lose on Sunday they’re in a tricky spot imo.  It keeps the potential for not just the division, but the 1 seed alive which would give them a bye and home field throughout.

The issue becomes it’s not just “beat the Bengals and you’re the 1 seed”.  It’s beat the bengals, Buffalo beats Miami and Pittsburgh beats Baltimore.   All of which is entirely possible even if not likely.

So with that said you’re forced to choose between giving guys rest against the Bengals and perhaps conceding that game but being ready to face the AFCS winner on the road vs going all in on trying to get the one seed and not resting guys.  

Best case we rest guys against the Bengals, win anyway and all that stuff happens and we get the 1 seed.  Worst case we don’t rest guys and go for the one seed but don’t get it and have to travel the following week having missed an opportunity to rest some key guys.

If Baltimore loses Sunday, we won’t rest our guys. It sucks but there’s no justification for doing so with a bye and home field advantage on the line, especially given the 8-1 home record with the lone loss the DTR 12 hours notice fiasco.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

If Baltimore loses Sunday, we won’t rest our guys. It sucks but there’s no justification for doing so with a bye and home field advantage on the line, especially given the 8-1 home record with the lone loss the DTR 12 hours notice fiasco.

Yeah for sure.  Just seems like a situation where no matter what we do it’s gonna be the wrong thing in hindsight.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah for sure.  Just seems like a situation where no matter what we do it’s gonna be the wrong thing in hindsight.

I’ll say this though…as bad as this team needs rest and to get healthy, right now the way they’re playing you almost hate to see it broken up with the rhythm they’re on.

Don’t bet against MVPJ vs Browning with our defensive unit and our ability to run the ball, especially if Cincinnati is eliminated this week vs the Chiefs.

• Like 1