Running it back not a good option

Big T

Aside from having A.R. at QB and his affinity for the current staff of Saleh, J.D., and Hackett. 

Saleh said he fully expects the entire staff to be back. Saleh is a great motivator, great guy, but he is a terrible coach.

He is a coach who is unable or unwilling to or worse yet incapable of making changes and adjusting to real time game scenarios. 

The Jets are a bad team personal wise, the backups showed promise, but they have regressed and the FA signings have been a disaster. Lets be clear that the non signings have been a disaster as well Flacco is a prime example of this non move.

Saleh allowed Becton to play without any help on that side of the ball, with a player who has for physical reasons hasn't regressed but the physicality of the position is beyond his physical ability. Becton has bad knees, he's had management run ins, has had weight issues and now through no fault of his own his injuries have aborted his career. A career IMHO is over in the NFL.

Becton is the worst OL in allowing the most sacks, and penalties called on him, last night was a nightmare for him. Yeboah is a total waste, he did not block on S.T. last night, and was a doorway to the backfield last night.

The Jets need to rid themselves of Uzomah, Whitehead, Brown, Tomlinson, Cook, McCowen, Woods, Zach Wilson is probably gone, Mosley, Siemian, Lawson, Cobb, Lazard, and a boatload of backup OL who all are terrible including Max Mitchell who has regressed and is a terrible athlete, and Michael Clemens who I like has regressed. 

Bryce Huff should be signed and traded for a high draft pick or part of a deal for a WR to compliment Wilson as a WR1A, the Jets are deep with J Johnson and McDonald.

If the Jets play it back with A.R. at QB and the team doesn't address major areas of importance, then the results will be identical, another losing season, another year missing the playoffs.

A.R. goes down and out of the season in nano seconds, if A.R. gets injured again in 2024 early in the season then the inevitable will be a reality in 2025. 

The Jets have 2-3 OL who can come in immediately and start as rookies, including another C. If that is the case, then were talking about a T,C, and perhaps a second T in round 3 unless they can recoup draft picks by drafting down.

Lets be honest here the Jets are 6-10 currently, but even the 6 wins were tainted and the record could be 2-3 losses more, which would leave the Jets at 3-13 the Washington game they should have lost, they should have lost the Giants game. They should have lost the first game of the year.

So are the Jets a 3-13 team, Yeah, I think they are, NOW the Jets finish the season against N.E. a top 10 defense in the league. Becton is a stat fat cat for the opposition. N.E. is going to have a field day and will be out coached.

No lets not run it back, it's only inevitable that 2025 will be the year of change and another grueling 4 years of rebuilding.

21 hours ago, Big T said:

Aside from having A.R. at QB and his affinity for the current staff of Saleh, J.D., and Hackett. 

Saleh said he fully expects the entire staff to be back. Saleh is a great motivator, great guy, but he is a terrible coach.

He is a coach who is unable or unwilling to or worse yet incapable of making changes and adjusting to real time game scenarios. 

The Jets are a bad team personal wise, the backups showed promise, but they have regressed and the FA signings have been a disaster. Lets be clear that the non signings have been a disaster as well Flacco is a prime example of this non move.

Saleh allowed Becton to play without any help on that side of the ball, with a player who has for physical reasons hasn't regressed but the physicality of the position is beyond his physical ability. Becton has bad knees, he's had management run ins, has had weight issues and now through no fault of his own his injuries have aborted his career. A career IMHO is over in the NFL.

Becton is the worst OL in allowing the most sacks, and penalties called on him, last night was a nightmare for him. Yeboah is a total waste, he did not block on S.T. last night, and was a doorway to the backfield last night.

The Jets need to rid themselves of Uzomah, Whitehead, Brown, Tomlinson, Cook, McCowen, Woods, Zach Wilson is probably gone, Mosley, Siemian, Lawson, Cobb, Lazard, and a boatload of backup OL who all are terrible including Max Mitchell who has regressed and is a terrible athlete, and Michael Clemens who I like has regressed. 

Bryce Huff should be signed and traded for a high draft pick or part of a deal for a WR to compliment Wilson as a WR1A, the Jets are deep with J Johnson and McDonald.

If the Jets play it back with A.R. at QB and the team doesn't address major areas of importance, then the results will be identical, another losing season, another year missing the playoffs.

A.R. goes down and out of the season in nano seconds, if A.R. gets injured again in 2024 early in the season then the inevitable will be a reality in 2025. 

The Jets have 2-3 OL who can come in immediately and start as rookies, including another C. If that is the case, then were talking about a T,C, and perhaps a second T in round 3 unless they can recoup draft picks by drafting down.

Lets be honest here the Jets are 6-10 currently, but even the 6 wins were tainted and the record could be 2-3 losses more, which would leave the Jets at 3-13 the Washington game they should have lost, they should have lost the Giants game. They should have lost the first game of the year.

So are the Jets a 3-13 team, Yeah, I think they are, NOW the Jets finish the season against N.E. a top 10 defense in the league. Becton is a stat fat cat for the opposition. N.E. is going to have a field day and will be out coached.

No lets not run it back, it's only inevitable that 2025 will be the year of change and another grueling 4 years of rebuilding.

The most penalized team in the entire NFL, so what does that really mean? This is an undisciplined team and an undisciplined team is a team without boarders and no accountability. From the coaching staff to the players themselves it is an undisciplined unit. 

Because the team is a reflection of the coaching, and if the staff doesn't hold the players accountable, it falls on them. Every time I hear the coaching staff say, I have to get better, we all have to look within ourselves and get better. The statement screams out to me, we don't know how to fix it, or refuse to fix it, or can't fix it.

A well disciplined team wins, they don't commit stupid penalties. If you know, as an OC, OLC, that Becton loses almost every battle in a game, be it run around, run through, run past. Why is it for the entire season, you don't supply an extra body on the outside to help him, cut down on the sacks and false starts.

Becton can no longer play the tackle spot, everyone knows it, he is physically unable, the game has passed him by as a T. So the plan is to allow him to languish out there all alone and give him no help. 

Doesn't anyone on the Jets have a brain that calls themselves OLC, OC, HC, DLC, DC, GM? Heck, Owner?

The Jets problems go much further than just the personnel who play, and now we have a 40 something QB who has become the defacto GM. A QB who told the Jets which players to bring in and all were total failures.

Blow it up this year, because it will only take one more year of suffering to see this groups braintrust is about as good as their record has been the past 3 years.

It doesn't matter what fans think, this is what will happen. Woody Johnson already stated that Douglas, Saleh, and Hackett will be back.

The Jets have to improve the OL, get at least a good WR opposite of Garrett.  

We have some quality players on offense returning. If the Jets can improve the OL, Breece Hall could be in for a major breakout season next year. Garrett Wilson would be a top 5 WR with a good QB. Conklin is a good TE. Ruckert is emerging as a good TE.  Izzy should be a good RB2.

THe OL NEEDS AVT to stay healthy for once. Every time he goes down the OL falls apart. He is a all pro caliber player. 

• Like 1

Blowing it up early is crazy talk. We did it, we suffered through 17 weeks. Rodgers comes back and we have a chance to see what it all could be, and you want to can it for another rebuild? That's a no from me. I rather see what AARON RODGERS can do before moving on because it's not like we have a shot at anyone better.

• Like 1

We shouldn’t blow it up it be a mistake at this point, that being said I wouldn’t be against taking Jayden Daniels, Caleb, or Maye if they fell to our pick if Alt or Olu aren’t there. Don’t think it would be a mistake to keep an eye on the Future at QB

You had to run this back. I think I read some where the Jets have 9 of the starting 11 guys on D under contract next year. That is huge. If they can get a few average to good OL guys and a WR2 they will look really good. I think Rodgers in for the long haul. He will play into his mid 40's like Brady if his body can hold up. I think it will for several reasons. 

1. He gets the ball out a lot faster than the other QB's this team had. 

2. He is always working out and does strange things like healing crystals. (Brady did strange things too and even had his own PT that the pats did not like)

3. Look how fast he healed from tearing the achilies this year. I thought it was crazy to see him jog and make throws during games. 

I think the only thing that will hold this team back is Saleh. He is a down right bad HC.

What would we truly be blowing up? The staff? The team remains the same, the needs the same, the draft picks the same. The Jets as far as analytics are concerned  the Jets staff during the Saleh era has been abysmal. 

As badly as the Jets need an OT to protect A.R., not to mention a capable G and another backup C, the question becomes can the Jets go through this draft without drafting a QB for the future with so many promising 1st rounders, 2nd rounders, etc. 

The answer is no, IMHO you don't pass on a guy like Penix if he is there. Just looking back on history and all the QB's we passed on will make you throw up. Prescott, Russell Wilson, Mahomes, Watson. 

While I would rather if the Jets land anywhere near the 5th pick, that they draft down and garner more draft capitol this year and next. But be sure of this if our prized peacock goes down again, then be prepared to go through another grueling season with nothing to look forward to except the draft and pray your team is bad enough to grab a top QB.

The 2023 draft class is loaded at OT and QB's and a few T/G's who can play both positions. While the Jets didn't mortgage the future, they must look past AR even if he plays the next 4 years for them. Because as of right now, outside of a 40 something QB they have no prospects.

9 hours ago, Big T said:

What would we truly be blowing up? The staff? The team remains the same, the needs the same, the draft picks the same. The Jets as far as analytics are concerned  the Jets staff during the Saleh era has been abysmal. 

As badly as the Jets need an OT to protect A.R., not to mention a capable G and another backup C, the question becomes can the Jets go through this draft without drafting a QB for the future with so many promising 1st rounders, 2nd rounders, etc. 

The answer is no, IMHO you don't pass on a guy like Penix if he is there. Just looking back on history and all the QB's we passed on will make you throw up. Prescott, Russell Wilson, Mahomes, Watson. 

While I would rather if the Jets land anywhere near the 5th pick, that they draft down and garner more draft capitol this year and next. But be sure of this if our prized peacock goes down again, then be prepared to go through another grueling season with nothing to look forward to except the draft and pray your team is bad enough to grab a top QB.

The 2023 draft class is loaded at OT and QB's and a few T/G's who can play both positions. While the Jets didn't mortgage the future, they must look past AR even if he plays the next 4 years for them. Because as of right now, outside of a 40 something QB they have no prospects.

The issue is Jets management is only thinking about 2024. Everyone’s job is on the line and a QB doesn’t help them this year. Sure it’s a backwards thought process and this reeks of passing on Watson and Mahomes, but what are you gonna do. 

Hackett like all the Jets coaching staff have this wonderful saying "It falls on me, I have to be better". The problem with the Jets is, it never gets better. Hacketts career as an OC is terrible with the exception of the A.R. years, A.R. MVP years. But is that attributed to Hackett as part of the reason OR that A.R. raised his game to another level?

A.R. had the Jets bring in all his hand picked friends to play with this season, they all failed, they all got older, they all got exposed and the Jets lost. It would have been different if they all excelled, played great apart from A.R. but alas, they stunk up the joint.

Are we to believe at this juncture of Hacketts less than stellar career as an OC that he's going to magically turn the Jets from the worse offense in football to one of the best with a 40-41 year old QB who's missed an entire year and has mobility issues and with this current iteration of an OL that he is going to stay healthy for the 2024 season?

YES, YES, YES, the Jets need OL in the worse way possible from head to toe. Even the private sector is missing their short-order cooks and truck drivers who are now OL for the Jets. 

So a resounding YES! The Jets need OL and good ones, not just blue chip T/G/C etc. 

But make no mistake about it, the Jets need a future QB and heaven forbid A.R. goes down next year and becomes 2 years removed from playing an entire season. Then you will see how truly inept the Jets are at running an NFL franchise. 

Screw finding a top T in round one, especially if the Jets are a top 5 -8 pick team, they better grab one of the top QB's coming out, or think about switching teams you root for. Because your going to be looking at another 4-10 years of consistent losing and upheaval. 

To all you coaches on the N.Y.J. when you continually say "I have to get better, it falls on me" that statements tells me, your not the right guy for the job. This is professional football, not a job where you learn as you go. 

I don't want to get on a plane with a pilot, that is learning as he goes, on the job expertise. I don't want to get on that JET.

Douglas worries me more than Hackett or Saleh. Besides a frankly amazing draft last year he's been a very poor decision-maker, its a bit like Tannenbaum (but with way worse FAs for the same expenditure). Saleh is flawed but fine, few HCs really are that amazing and he and Ulbrich have built a good defence. Hackett blows so bad but we've either got Rodgers or he goes down again, either way I think Hackett is irrelevant to what will make or break our season.

Let's hope Aaron Rodgers wants to stick around after the inevitable firings of basically everybody, because it is bound to happen. Hackett never called the plays in Green Bay when Rodgers won back-to-back MVPs. LaFleur did, and I am sure Rodgers improvised on his own a ton. So, basically Hackett is on the team because Rodgers likes him. Fantastic.

I get the loyalty towards Hackett, but why be loyal to the GM and head coach after playing four snaps? I know he is a different cat, but it is still bizarre even for him.

Anyway, we have to accept the fact that they are running it back. But this will not end well.

23 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

Let's hope Aaron Rodgers wants to stick around after the inevitable firings of basically everybody, because it is bound to happen. Hackett never called the plays in Green Bay when Rodgers won back-to-back MVPs. LaFleur did, and I am sure Rodgers improvised on his own a ton. So, basically Hackett is on the team because Rodgers likes him. Fantastic.

I get the loyalty towards Hackett, but why be loyal to the GM and head coach after playing four snaps? I know he is a different cat, but it is still bizarre even for him.

Anyway, we have to accept the fact that they are running it back. But this will not end well.

Hackett is on the team because he won't be butt hurt while Rodger's calls the offense.

And no new OC wants to climb onto an already burning hot seat. Easier to just let him stay, see how it works out, and then can everyone all at once if it all goes **** up. 

Yeah, I really don't think Hackett matters. If Rodgers gets injured we squeek into the playoffs at best with a better backup QB as our offensive talent outside two interior OL and two skill players is non-existant. If he's healthy then I think he'll make it work as he has before with Hackett. Once Rodgers retires then Hackett has no future in the league.

Hi. Long time Patriots fan here. I come in peace. I know our teams hate each others guts but I just wanted to say something nice just for the hell of it. The Jets helmets kick ***. That's a really nice sharp looking green color. I've thought this way for the last few years. Just thought it would be nice to hear something positive from a Pats fan. Also I'm sorry about Rodgers being out for the season; that would have been cool to see what he could have done outside of Green Bay. For the record I'm not inebriated in any way 😅 My animosity shall return next summer. Until then have a good offseason 🍻

Though "Running it back" is not a good option, as fans we have no say in who Woody allows to coach or be GM.

That being said, unlike some, and I would say 50% want J.D. gone as G.M., I don't. We all have our arguments for the pluses and minuses and IMHO Saleh was a miss, as was allowing Saleh to chose a first time OC to mentor a rookie QB. In the first year the Jets D went from 10th to last, so much for UlbrIck. 

Under Ulbrick the second year, things didn't change until Q had to be restrained on the sideline because of poor coaching and coaching decisions, NOW, you could make the argument that he has made the Jets an elite unit.

But is that really the case? JD plucked JFM off of wavers, as he did Q Williams(lil bro) signed CB DJ Reed, drafted Sauce, drafted Huff, drafted J.Johnson, drafted Carter ii, already had Mosley and Q Williams(big Bro) and there are others but just to put things into perspective. 

So the Jets became a force, not because of Ulbrick, any DC worth his salt could win with this group.

Say what you want about the O unit, and JD failings, but had things worked out only as normal NFL teams do, he would be a success story here as well. Two years running the OL has been decimated. 

Yes he's made some some errors along the way, mainly not signing guys who he should have and the biggest error of all, not picking up a QB who could put some points on the board (Flacco).

But even Flacco turned into a pumpkin into the playoffs, but even the Jets fans would have accepted a playoff wildcard spot with Ol' Joe, then none. 

J.D. messed up, and Saleh the good soldier that he is backed him up. If Saleh had any *****, he would have said, I or we made the mistake of not picking up an experienced QB to help us during the season.

Zach Wilson had the staff picked up a QB to replace A.R. for the remainder of the season would be safe and get to sit behind A.R. in 2024 as was their original plan.

So now, they're  moving on from Zach supposedly, running it back with A.R. howbeit, they will surround him with at the least a workable OL.

Which means somewhere in the draft or FA, they need to pick up a future QB. There is no backup plan right now that I know of if A.R. goes down 2 consecutive years and if he does go down his tenure with the Jets will be over and Woody will have no choice but to blow it all up.

Sadly we've seen this movie before. But I will refrain from doom and gloom, if anything a playoff run next year will rekindle optimism going forward, and anything less would be considered a failure. 

We have a formidable D, and pieces on O, the Jets have obvious needs and we have a HOF QB who could play if healthy until he's in his mid 40's and just like Jordan Love's career, draft a QB who can sit and learn and come in and not miss a beat.