2024 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

12 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I was hoping for Sheldon Rankins.. there’s only 5 remaining guys worth the bag 

EDGE: Chase Young, D. J. Wonnum, Clowney 

DT: Arik Armstead, DJ Reader 

I don’t see anyone else worth a big contract 

When Rankins was a FA in 2021 after his stint in NO I was saying we should have signed him and people were saying I was nuts.  I could see the potential he had when he was healthy along the NO Dline.  The upside potential was clearly there and he would have been a nice addition back then on a cheap deal.  

We need a lockdown #1 CB for this D to hit it's potential.  If there is a trade out there for one it needs to be explored and if we can't land one CB needs to be a priority on draft day.  If we don't move up for a QB then CB needs to be the pick at 13. 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Geezy said:

My thoughts exactly, that’s why I don’t get restructuring contracting to free up space, we have plenty of cap space to sign a few players to help next year without breaking the bank. I wouldn’t even make Jimmy a post June cut. Take your medicine and have a bunch of space next year. 

I agree.  We already have 61 players signed for this year according to Spotrac.  And I doubt we will be able to use much of the remaining cap to sign any player that really moves the needle. 

I remember seeing on social media that we might trade for a star player.  That would be the only thing that makes sense.  But I honestly hope it's one of those "superstar for day 3 pick" type of deals where another team is just trying to offload the player's contract so they can afford to re-sign other players/draft players/etc.

10 minutes ago, Geezy said:

My thoughts exactly, that’s why I don’t get restructuring contracting to free up space,

Hey, that came from a Tristen Kuhn tweet. He's just a guy with a blog, OK? He has no more insight that you or I. 

• Like 1

Odell Beckham Jr.; Tyron Smith; Jadeveon Clowney; Arik Armstead; Devin White; Justin Simmons; Kendall Fuller; Adoree' Jackson; Steven Nelson; Ahkello Witherspoon.

If these players fit our systems, we should consider signing them.  They're all decent players that could help us.  Just my opinion.

47 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I agree.  We already have 61 players signed for this year according to Spotrac.  And I doubt we will be able to use much of the remaining cap to sign any player that really moves the needle. 

I remember seeing on social media that we might trade for a star player.  That would be the only thing that makes sense.  But I honestly hope it's one of those "superstar for day 3 pick" type of deals where another team is just trying to offload the player's contract so they can afford to re-sign other players/draft players/etc.

Still need starters at: QB / RG / RT / NT / CB

Plus depth at: RB / WR / OL / LB

Looks like Telesco will follow the Mayock/Ziegler approach of going into the draft needing 5-6 starters so he's forced to reach for need.

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Still need starters at: QB / RG / RT / NT / CB

Plus depth at: RB / WR / OL / LB

Looks like Telesco will follow the Mayock/Ziegler approach of going into the draft needing 5-6 starters so he's forced to reach for need.

Well, we are most likely addressing two of those starter positions in the first and second round (QB/trenches).  I'm fine with that.  Looking at our roster, I wouldn't be surprised if we rolled with Thayer Munford at RT.  I could see us drafted an OG in the third round and rolling with them at RG.  We've done it before.  We'll probably do it again.  Not the best COA, but it is a COA. 

I could see us taking a day 3 RB or even rolling with an UDFA as our backup RB.  I could also see us going CB on day 3 and just rolling with Hobbs, J. Bennett, and J. Jones as our top 3 CBs.  Our DBs won't have to cover for long with the addition of Wilkins.

I wouldn't be surprised if we rolled with Minshew this season and addressed the trenches with both the first and second pick.  I honestly don't see us being a legitimate contender even if we do get our QBotF this year.  We just don't have the ammo across the roster to truly compete right now.  I'm okay with taking this year and part of next year (FA/draft) to fill out the roster and then going all in on a QB that can take us to the promised land.

2 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Well, we are most likely addressing two of those starter positions in the first and second round (QB/trenches).  I'm fine with that.  Looking at our roster, I wouldn't be surprised if we rolled with Thayer Munford at RT.  I could see us drafted an OG in the third round and rolling with them at RG.  We've done it before.  We'll probably do it again.  Not the best COA, but it is a COA. 

I could see us taking a day 3 RB or even rolling with an UDFA as our backup RB.  I could also see us going CB on day 3 and just rolling with Hobbs, J. Bennett, and J. Jones as our top 3 CBs.  Our DBs won't have to cover for long with the addition of Wilkins.

I wouldn't be surprised if we rolled with Minshew this season and addressed the trenches with both the first and second pick.  I honestly don't see us being a legitimate contender even if we do get our QBotF this year.  We just don't have the ammo across the roster to truly compete right now.  I'm okay with taking this year and part of next year (FA/draft) to fill out the roster and then going all in on a QB that can take us to the promised land.

If we're going to punt this season with Minshew we should just trade Adams, Miller, etc. gut the roster and rebuild. Because the moves we've made will ensure that we're not good enough to compete but bad enough to be at the top of the draft for a QB.

Edited by NYRaider

22 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

If we're going to punt this season with Minshew we should just trade Adams, Miller, etc. gut the roster and rebuild. Because the moves we've made will ensure that we're not good enough to compete but bad enough to be at the top of the draft for a QB.

Welcome to hell.

We aren't trading anyone.  We aren't gutting the roster.  We aren't drafting any of the top QBs in the draft.  Ever.  If we do, it will be when Jamarcus Russell Jr. is in the draft.  Again, welcome to hell.