2024 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

Give me some veteran insurance then hit the draft for long term starters. 

CB, DT, RG are the biggest holes right now. 

Need a RB2, WR4, LB depth, competition at RT. 

not as many glaring needs as in the past but I don’t like going into the season with rookies penciled in as starters, at the very least need competition. 

11 hours ago, NYRaider said:

There was no point in keeping the current core together with AP unless they were going to push to be good next year.

More players will be added. It's the first week of FA, and I agree, we do need more talent added to the team, but just need to be a little patient.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Couple of thoughts:

-I wonder how they feel about Nesta 

-I think DJ Fluker plays RG(if he makes the 53); not LT. 

-1 or 2 of those RBs have to go

-Wonder if Bennett gets better and if so how much

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Tbf, he really only has any goodwill because of landing Wilkins. 

Otherwise, he blinked and overpaid for Minshew, imo, 

Yet again, we create all this cap space and can't really get anything done with it. A lot of FAs didn't sign particularly egregious deals. 

But we're talking about a GM that knowingly went into a season with Easton Stick as a primary backup QB for multiple seasons and got run out of a chronically underachieving roster situation. Dude has cold feet after the JC Jackson debacle. This was why some were skeptics about Telesco, and he's not doing much to endear himself so far. 

The Wilkins signing is a big one, and shows he doesn't have cold feet. I think he's being reasonable with dishing out contracts.

The Minshew contract was for a top end back up/low end starter, and with a young QB (AOC) and potential rookie coming in, I don't mind it. 

I will say that Telesco still has a lot to prove, especially with the draft coming up, but so far he has done reasonable moves. 

3 hours ago, Geezy said:

not as many glaring needs as in the past but I don’t like going into the season with rookies penciled in as starters, at the very least need competition. 

Dire Needs:

RG, DT - we have nothing at RG, and Wilson is a hybrid DT, I would like another impact defensive lineman 

other needs

RT, CB, OL depth, LB3, RB2- I think Fracyson and Munford could be solid starters but I could see a new admin looking to Upgrade or bringing in completion at those spots. Our OL depth sucks, we need to improve he talent level. We only have 2 starting LBs, we are lucky injuries didn’t hit last year. If Zeus is the starter, then we need a strong RB2. 

I still think we are going to add a high potential QB to battle Gardner. Gardener is a classic stop gap, but limited ceiling. Ideal we trade for one of the big 3 QB prospects but I could see Pennix/Fields still in play. JJ probably be a top 10 pick, and Nix not worth 13. 

4 hours ago, Geezy said:

Minshew is the projected starter, QB is a glaring need.

5 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Getting rid of all your WRs must be a mandatory when you hire Greg Roman onto your staff. 

They would be in a much better position if they would’ve drafted Zay Flowers.

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Boy do we need some help on the right side of the line. CB could use another starter too.

Need starters at: QB / RG / RT / NT / CB

Need depth at: RB / WR / OT / OG / DE 

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Minshew is the projected starter, QB is a glaring need.

Did you read the post? Are we going to sign another QB in FA or are we going to address it in the draft? 

Started with a bang and it’s been quiet since. Don’t think the roster is good enough to not be active at this point in FA.  The big money guys are gone besides Simmons. This is just crazy to be this inactive since day 1

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Started with a bang and it’s been quiet since. Don’t think the roster is good enough to not be active at this point in FA.  The big money guys are gone besides Simmons. This is just crazy to be this inactive since day 1

I don't think we have as many needs to be addressed in FA either