2024 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Jimmy was held back by JMD, we should've given him a chance with Getsy. 

Why do the best coaches in the league all love Jimmy? Bellicheck, Shanahan, and now McVay.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

You're right, I was wrong brother. I'm just glad Mark smartened up. 

At least Mark Davis knew Jimmy G wasn’t worth keeping unlike you smh

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Agreed. Mark's a guru when it comes to evaluating and acquiring QB talent.

Like you are any good.. 

Jimmy was held back by JMD, we should've given him a chance with Getsy. 

Why do the best coaches in the league all love Jimmy? Bellicheck, Shanahan, and now McVay.

Just now, NYRaider said:

Mark is also the offensive coordinator guru as well, I mean Mick Lombardi followed by Luke Getsy...

Lol

Jimmy was held back by JMD, we should've given him a chance with Getsy

20 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I understand that you know Jimmy G's stats little buddy. What about Rattler makes him worth a 2nd round pick? Completing 4 passes in an all star game after being terrible for two years at South Carolina?

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2024-nfl-draft-stock-watch-evaluating-senior-bowl-quarterback-performances

Nix and Penix had their moments, but neither was the clear top quarterback. Meanwhile, Rattler had a handful of throws each day that reminded onlookers why he was once seen as a potential first-round pick.

Consistency is still a work in progress, but if you didn't pay attention to Rattler during his time at South Carolina, you would’ve been shocked by his improved decision-making, even in practices, and by how well he throws with timing and anticipation, rather than just rely on pure arm talent once guys get open.

https://sportsnaut.com/spencer-rattler-impresses-senior-bowl-practices/

So far, the top quarterback at the Senior Bowl hasn’t been Michael Penix Jr. or Bo Nix. Instead, it’s been the largely forgotten about Spencer Rattler, who was once viewed as a potential future first-round pick early on in his college career.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/senior-bowl-qb-rankings-day-2-draft-2024/

Particularly during team drills on Wednesday, Rattler was impressive. He was composed on his dropback, went through his progressions quickly, and was decisive triggering on throws. And on one throw in teams, he rifled a high-velocity laser to Xavier Legette 25 yards down the field, outside the numbers.

Rattler has all of the necessary talent to go in the early rounds. If he can string together multiple days like this, he could all but lock it in.

For a QB who was such a smooth operator at Oregon, Bo Nix has struggled to get a rhythm going during Senior Bowl practices. He’s had a few nice short completions from different platforms, showing off his arm elasticity, but he hasn’t taken chances at the intermediate and deep ranges much. And when he has, he’s missed low, high, and behind his receivers.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10107929-nfl-draft-rumors-scouts-dont-feel-bo-nix-answered-concerns-with-senior-bowl-play

"Nix is not normally this inaccurate on film, but it's not surprising to see him late to trigger and generally a little anxious as a thrower," Klassen wrote. "Both of those traits track with what he put on film, and both have cranked up in an unfamiliar environment."

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2024-nfl-draft-stock-watch-evaluating-senior-bowl-quarterback-performances

Nix and Penix had their moments, but neither was the clear top quarterback. Meanwhile, Rattler had a handful of throws each day that reminded onlookers why he was once seen as a potential first-round pick.

Consistency is still a work in progress, but if you didn't pay attention to Rattler during his time at South Carolina, you would’ve been shocked by his improved decision-making, even in practices, and by how well he throws with timing and anticipation, rather than just rely on pure arm talent once guys get open.

https://sportsnaut.com/spencer-rattler-impresses-senior-bowl-practices/

So far, the top quarterback at the Senior Bowl hasn’t been Michael Penix Jr. or Bo Nix. Instead, it’s been the largely forgotten about Spencer Rattler, who was once viewed as a potential future first-round pick early on in his college career.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/senior-bowl-qb-rankings-day-2-draft-2024/

Particularly during team drills on Wednesday, Rattler was impressive. He was composed on his dropback, went through his progressions quickly, and was decisive triggering on throws. And on one throw in teams, he rifled a high-velocity laser to Xavier Legette 25 yards down the field, outside the numbers.

Rattler has all of the necessary talent to go in the early rounds. If he can string together multiple days like this, he could all but lock it in.

For a QB who was such a smooth operator at Oregon, Bo Nix has struggled to get a rhythm going during Senior Bowl practices. He’s had a few nice short completions from different platforms, showing off his arm elasticity, but he hasn’t taken chances at the intermediate and deep ranges much. And when he has, he’s missed low, high, and behind his receivers.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10107929-nfl-draft-rumors-scouts-dont-feel-bo-nix-answered-concerns-with-senior-bowl-play

"Nix is not normally this inaccurate on film, but it's not surprising to see him late to trigger and generally a little anxious as a thrower," Klassen wrote. "Both of those traits track with what he put on film, and both have cranked up in an unfamiliar environment."

He joins an impressive list of senior bowl MVP QB including Daniel Jones, Pat White, Kellen Mond, Davis Webb, EJ Manuel, Christian Ponder, Jake Haener among others. 

10 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He joins an impressive list of senior bowl MVP QB including Daniel Jones, Pat White, Kellen Mond, Davis Webb, EJ Manuel, Christian Ponder, Jake Haener among others. 

I didn't say the game is soley important. I said the week is important. The practice is more important than the games obviously. People that perform really well at the senior bowl practice in recent years: Josh Allen, Justin Herbert, Jordan Love, Baker Mayfield, Jalen Hurts & Dak prescott. All but one of them are either on playoff teams and/or are considered franchise qbs by their franchises. The week matters. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Hiring Getsy, signing a bottom 5 starting QB, letting Jacobs walk, and losing the entire right side of the OL. Master class performance. 

If anyone would've said 6 months ago that the plan to fix the offense was to lose Jacobs, sign Minshew, and hire Luke Getsy this forum would've cried.

I’ve been pretty clear on my feelings about the OC, they fumbled that big time. The right side of the line were fringe starters that pretty much everyone wanted to replace not much of a loss there TBH. As for Jacobs he’s talented but far too inconsistent to pay in my opinion and Zeus did well in his absence. I feel the Raiders can find another RB in the draft to pair with Zeus. 
chernobyl-not-great-not-terrible.gif

Perryman back to Chargers for 1 year/$3m.. would have taken him back for that.. However, with AP’s LB background, I’m sure if he wanted him then they would have brought him in.. Must think the current depth behind Spillane/Diablo is serviceable or can find more depth in the draft.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, JarrodR86 said:

Perryman back to Chargers for 1 year/$3m.. would have taken him back for that.. However, with AP’s LB background, I’m sure if he wanted him then they would have brought him in.. Must think the current depth behind Spillane/Diablo is serviceable or can find more depth in the draft.

Masterson is a good 3rd LB. We don’t really play 3 down LBs a lot so I’m ok with them drafting another LB to compete with Burney for more depth. They also like a few guys on the PS

• Like 2

On 3/16/2024 at 10:59 PM, jpaulthe1st said:

It’s actually a 6th that could turn into a 4th. But we passed that up for Gardner Minshew. I’m already done with this regime.  

Seems a bit knee jerk reaction? We have Justin Fields’ former OC on board, intimate knoledge f his habits, skills an work ethic, he went cheaply (as he should) and we have a few years film on him showing he can’t at present play QB very well. Maybe we just think he’s not very good like most front offices it seems? 

I can understand not wanting Minshew  but are we propping Fields up with that?

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Seems a bit knee jerk reaction? We have Justin Fields’ former OC on board, intimate knoledge f his habits, skills an work ethic, he went cheaply (as he should) and we have a few years film on him showing he can’t at present play QB very well. Maybe we just think he’s not very good like most front offices it seems? 

I can understand not wanting Minshew  but are we propping Fields up with that?

I personally am more confident in Minshew than Fields in terms of quarterback ability as a passer so not disappointed that we didn’t get Fields, but wouldn’t have minded giving up a 4th/5th rounder for him for competition.. However, if Getsy didn’t push for it then obviously he wasn’t confident in his ability either.

• Like 1