2024 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

2 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

So by bad film you mean a bad two games at Oklahoma and with a bad roster in South Carolina (with a rotation of 3 LTs 3 LGs 2 Cs 2 RGs 4 RTs). Got it

We have three straight years of him being underwhelming yet he’s a legit NFL QB?

1 hour ago, Jeremy408 said:

You can say the same about Josh Allen(He had two underwhelming seasons in college)

Allen had one disappointing season. But was two years younger with all time great physical tools. Rattler isn’t even in the same library let alone same sentence as Allen when it comes to physical ability. 

3 hours ago, JarrodR86 said:

Tre’Davious White coming in for visit next week.. Has been solid when healthy, wouldn’t mind the signing on an incentive heavy deal.

If he’s willing to come on an incentive heavy deal I’d take a flier. Hopefully between him and Bennett we’d find another starting corner.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

Surely we aren’t comparing Allen and Rattler athletically (which was the main basis for Allen’s draft slot). This is one of the exact reasons Rattler isn’t half the prospect Allen was. 

josh-allen-ras-16329.png?resize=806,522&

GIdzeDnWcAAMdu5?format=jpg&name=large

17 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

Surely we aren’t comparing Allen and Rattler athletically (which was the main basis for Allen’s draft slot). This is one of the exact reasons Rattler isn’t half the prospect Allen was. 

They're basically the same player if Rattler was 5 inches taller, 30 pounds heavier, had a significantly stronger arm, and was an elite runner.

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

They're basically the same player if Rattler was 5 inches taller, 30 pounds heavier, had a significantly stronger arm, and was an elite runner.

I just don’t see the Rattler is a second round guy hype. I mean there were people contemplating taking him at the end of the first a few weeks ago because of a senior bowl week and an above average arm. Want to take him in the 6th ok sure. At pick 44? Absolutely not. 

3 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

You can say the same about Josh Allen(He had two underwhelming seasons in college)

Josh Allen was a giant ball of clay stuck on a fringe D-1 team.  That was the entire tradeoff for people with Allen- it was pre-accepted that he would need time because he had abysmal surroundings and support in college. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FloydFan said:

I just don’t see the Rattler is a second round guy hype. I mean there were people contemplating taking him at the end of the first a few weeks ago because of a senior bowl week and an above average arm. Want to take him in the 6th ok sure. At pick 44? Absolutely not. 

I mean it wasn't long ago NY wanted is to Suck for Spencer. We should take him at 13 and start sizing rings lol

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

Imagine using a non-scholarship, JUCO transfer player in Wyoming's career to prop up a weak argument for Rattler, the #1 recruit out of high school who went to a marquee program/coach and was booed out of town.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Imagine using a non-scholarship, JUCO transfer player in Wyoming's career to prop up a weak argument for Rattler, the #1 recruit out of high school who went to a marquee program/coach and was booed out of town.

Yea but in order to do that you would have to ignore the sophmore year where he did really well. That was my point in the comparison.

• Like 1

I don't even remember the last time I logged in to make a comment, but this FA thread is just ridiculously bipolar. As we were getting into free agency, every thread seemed negative with a little hope. Then we land Wilkins and all the comments seemed like it was Christmas in Vegas. Fast forward another week and majority are back to negative... because we didn't land Justin F'ing Fields? For anyone sad about missing that train, do you watch football? Forget what you read about anyone's interest. Just watch the man throw the football and then ask yourself if you REALLY wanted him. Minshew isn't our QB answer, he is our stop gap clearly. And he is 1000x better option for us in that role than Fields. To try and justify it by compensation only works if you think they are both equally capable and I for one think Fields is not capable at all. Again, my metric is WATCHING football. And for those who are complaining about Wilkins contract, that's the name of the game. You have to pay big name FA's to land them. We did. People act like paying him and Minshew is coming out of their own wallet. And before you say we could have spent that on other players, well we didn't and there is no saying we would have. So why be negative and pissy about what you think may have been and not try to be positive towards the season? I am liking what Telesco is doing so far and rightfully so. Fields could have gone for an 8th and I wouldn't care. The man who worked with him last year clearly indicated he's not the guy. We hired a new staff who is smarter than each of us at their respective job so I will put my faith in them until we see the results. My biggest hope now is we walk away from the draft with one of the top 6 QBs. I have my preferences but I'll be happy with any of them if our staff did their homework and took a shot.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Allen had one disappointing season. But was two years younger with all time great physical tools. Rattler isn’t even in the same library let alone same sentence as Allen when it comes to physical ability. 

Whoops. Meant to say he had 2 years and that his last year was bad. Senior bowl helped his stock.