Are we sure the Browns aren't the best team?

General Tso

(I know there's another thread, but that feels like a Flacco thread)

The Browns, with worse QBs, already beat the Ravens and 9ers. If the Elite Dragon can throw for 300 yards against one of the best pass defenses (Jets), and they have a top 3 defense, do they really have a weakness?

They keep losing guys to IR, but they're like zombies and keep finding a way.

19 minutes ago, General Tso said:

(I know there's another thread, but that feels like a Flacco thread)

nice a Browns thread not about Flacco

19 minutes ago, General Tso said:

The Browns, with worse QBs, already beat the Ravens and 9ers. If the Elite Dragon can throw for 300 yards against one of the best pass defenses (Jets), and they have a top 3 defense, do they really have a weakness?

oh it's a Flacco thread nvm

Nah you're 5th  or so in AFC

28 minutes ago, Soggust said:

mvnikin.gif

I understand what he’s trying to say. Flacco stretches a defense out and the downside is the interceptions.

However, the team has 35 turnovers which is absolutely insane. They force the most turnovers which is the only reason why their record isn’t awful.

*Looks at thread title* 

Butler-4.jpg?width=600

At some point, their lack of consistent run game is going to get them killed against a really good pass defense that forces them to run the ball more. The injuries to all of the OTs has taken their outside run game out of the equation and more times than not it looks like they are running into brick walls at the LOS. Ford cannot cover up mistakes with freak ability like Chubb can. 

If Chubb was healthy, Id say yes but.....* heavy sigh* 

Edited by AkronsWitness

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

I understand what he’s trying to say. Flacco stretches a defense out and the downside is the interceptions.

However, the team has 35 turnovers which is absolutely insane. They force the most turnovers which is the only reason why their record isn’t awful.

I mean, Jameis stretched out defenses too. He threw for 320 ypg at 8.2 ypa. Flacco is at 323 ypg and 7.9 ypa. 

It sounds like a shot at Flacco, and in some ways perhaps it is, but Jameis was an effective QB that year at moving the ball.

But at the end of the day, I think a 1.5:1 TD:TO ratio is really concerning regardless of volume, especially when it's been a known critique Flacco's entire career and Flacco is still throwing 60% completions.

Flacco feels like the original Jameis with a better defense and a better playoff resume, imo. And that might be enough to win a SB, but I think it's fair to say it's a potential weakness lol.

So we should feel good we made love to them? But to answer OP idk. But my gosh is it fun to see. The browns shouldn’t be here. But it’s a magical ride behind the dragons back! The only problem is that the dragon doesn’t come with a saddle. So it hurts! But it’s the good kind of hurt! That makes you wanna stay in longer.. they have the offense to explode! And the dragon Isn’t missing these targets.. I pray to allah that they beat the crap out of Bal. Ima get in their grill.. Ima turn super saiyan on that as. 

20 minutes ago, Soggust said:

I mean, Jameis stretched out defenses too. He threw for 320 ypg at 8.2 ypa. Flacco is at 323 ypg and 7.9 ypa. 

It sounds like a shot at Flacco, and in some ways perhaps it is, but Jameis was an effective QB that year at moving the ball.

But at the end of the day, I think a 1.5:1 TD:TO ratio is really concerning regardless of volume, especially when it's been a known critique Flacco's entire career and Flacco is still throwing 60% completions.

Flacco feels like the original Jameis with a better defense and a better playoff resume, imo. And that might be enough to win a SB, but I think it's fair to say it's a potential weakness lol.

I don’t think Flacco ever came close throwing 30 int. Not even looking at stats. His issue was always accuracy. Guy was below avg in that department. He would make some

dumb throws that would leave you scratching your head, butt and ear. Like it was a hot mess… 

• Like 1