Are we sure the Browns aren't the best team?

General Tso

All fans are crazy, Browns fans included. A lot of times we see what we want to see.

That said, I don't think any Browns fan (realistically) would say the Browns were the best team in the NFL.

They can be a scary team but that isn't the same.

The defense can be very good, especially against the pass so that can always keep you in games.

The offense is a bit erratic but it's a step up from PJ Walker and DTR. They also score more than with Watson although they also turn it over more. Flacco has attempted 33 more passes than Watson and taken less than half the sacks also and that is big for an offense.

Honestly they have been playing about as well as you could expect over the last month.

You'd rather fight a wounded deer than a healthy wolf but there is no guarantee that the deer won't kick your butt.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

All fans are crazy, Browns fans included. A lot of times we see what we want to see.

That said, I don't think any Browns fan (realistically) would say the Browns were the best team in the NFL.

They can be a scary team but that isn't the same.

The defense can be very good, especially against the pass so that can always keep you in games.

The offense is a bit erratic but it's a step up from PJ Walker and DTR. They also score more than with Watson although they also turn it over more. Flacco has attempted 33 more passes than Watson and taken less than half the sacks also and that is big for an offense.

Honestly they have been playing about as well as you could expect over the last month.

You'd rather fight a wounded deer than a healthy wolf but there is no guarantee that the deer won't kick your butt.

So you’re saying you’re the best! 

• Like 1

The Browns are horrible matchups for some really good teams and are cannon fodder for others. Teams like the Rams will slaughter us. Teams like Cincinnati and KC I think we would win easily. I feel like if we draw some lucky matchups against prototypical offenses, we will continue to win. If we face a team that runs a ton of motion/bunch/misdirection/overloaded sets, we’ll be in trouble. 

4 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

The Browns are horrible matchups for some really good teams and are cannon fodder for others. Teams like the Rams will slaughter us. Teams like Cincinnati and KC I think we would win easily. I feel like if we draw some lucky matchups against prototypical offenses, we will continue to win. If we face a team that runs a ton of motion/bunch/misdirection/overloaded sets, we’ll be in trouble. 

Yeah if they make it past the 1st round I think they have a 50/50 shot against BAL but it's the Dolphins that scare me the most from a matchup perspective. If/when they draw the Dolphins I think that's where their season ends.

They will get schemed to absolute death in that game

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

Im positive they arent. A hot team? Yes but best team no. 

I would say the scary thing about them is that the AFC is weak. The Ravens are the only scary team and the Browns know they too well since they are in the same division. Nobody is scared of the Dolphins, Chiefs, and any team in the AFC South. The Bills could be dangerous but we know Allen can have a game where he turns the ball over multiple times and cost the Bills the game. Against this Browns defense that could definitely happen.

So the Browns could be setup nicely due to circumstances in the AFC but they arent the best team. Btw this is the same Browns team that lost 36-19 to the Rams. So if you call the Browns the best team then what does it say about the Rams? 

7 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

I would say the scary thing about them is that the AFC is weak. The Ravens are the only scary team and the Browns know they too well since they are in the same division. Nobody is scared of the Dolphins, Chiefs, and any team in the AFC South. The Bills could be dangerous but we know Allen can have a game where he turns the ball over multiple times and cost the Bills the game. Against this Browns defense that could definitely happen.

So the Browns could be setup nicely due to circumstances in the AFC but they arent the best team. Btw this is the same Browns team that lost 36-19 to the Rams. So if you call the Browns the best team then what does it say about the Rams? 

I hate this argument lol

And I'm not remotely surprised you somehow brought the Rams into this.

Edited by DawgX
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, DawgX said:

I hate this argument lol

And I'm not remotely surprised you somehow brought the Rams into this.

Why you hate this argument?

And I only mentioned the Rams bc they did beat the Brown by alot, even though the score was closer in the 4th quarter the Rams did run away with the game and the offense did a number on the Browns great defense. 

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

Yeah if they make it past the 1st round I think they have a 50/50 shot against BAL but it's the Dolphins that scare me the most from a matchup perspective. If/when they draw the Dolphins I think that's where their season ends.

They will get schemed to absolute death in that game

Meh I don’t think the Dolphins make it to us. I think someone else gets them first. I have a feeling our path is gonna be JAX-BAL-KC-PHI. 

I highly doubt we win all of those, but it does line up nicely stylistically for us, if that’s what we see. Again, I am not crazy. We are highly unlikely to make it out of even the 1st round…but if we do, I don’t see a brutal matchup awaiting us stylistically. 

1 hour ago, stl4life07 said:

The Browns beat the 49ers though and the 49ers beat the Rams so the Rams need to win the rematch to prove they can beat them in the playoffs otherwise the Browns won't need to worry about the Rams. The Browns also lost to the Seahawks so I can only hope they don't face them again (lie).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stl4life07 said:

Why you hate this argument?

And I only mentioned the Rams bc they did beat the Brown by alot, even though the score was closer in the 4th quarter the Rams did run away with the game and the offense did a number on the Browns great defense. 

They also beat the Ravens and 49ers—the two consensus top teams.  Does Baltimore losing to INDY make them frauds? Cmon man.

I don’t subscribe to the idea that the Browns are #1, but it’s not bc of the dumb logic you’re using. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BetterCallSaul said:

I have a feeling our path is gonna be JAX-BAL-KC-PHI. 

So you are saying we are going to lose to PHI? Because we have already beat the first 2 teams and there is nothing scary about KC this season. 

Edited by pscottdai

1 hour ago, BetterCallSaul said:

They also beat the Ravens and 49ers—the two consensus top teams.  Does Baltimore losing to INDY make them frauds? Cmon man.

I don’t subscribe to the idea that the Browns are #1, but it’s not bc of the dumb logic you’re using. 

Regardless of what you think of my logic it still stands that the Browns arent the best team. They are a hot team and a team that in the AFC is set up nicely for a playoff run. 

The Browns are like an NCAA college basketball team in the NCAA tournament. Not the best team always win but it doesnt mean the team that wins were the best team in the nation. That team just got hot, had the right path to get to the title and won. 

1 minute ago, stl4life07 said:

Regardless of what you think of my logic it still stands that the Browns arent the best team. They are a hot team and a team that in the AFC is set up nicely for a playoff run. 

The Browns are like an NCAA college basketball team in the NCAA tournament. Not the best team always win but it doesnt mean the team that wins were the best team in the nation. That team just got hot, had the right path to get to the title and won. 

I would agree. The best team doesn’t always win. I know there are some simpletons that argue that the best teams always win. That’s insane.