2018 Draft Thread I

Forge

On 3/1/2018 at 12:41 PM, NcFinest9erFan said:

Talked up as a possible first rounder. Turns out he might be undraftable!

Mayock said that their research shows only 9 offensive linemen in the past 15 years that have run slower than 5.7 and none of them made it in the NFL. Brown ran a 5.85! Team that up with 14 reps and really awkward looking in the drills. Probably going to turn out the be the biggest surprise of the combine, and not in a good way.

34 minutes ago, big9erfan said:

Mayock said that their research shows only 9 offensive linemen in the past 15 years that have run slower than 5.7 and none of them made it in the NFL. Brown ran a 5.85! Team that up with 14 reps and really awkward looking in the drills. Probably going to turn out the be the biggest surprise of the combine, and not in a good way.

I don't know what to make of that. I like the Combine, the drills, etc... but game tape is much more important.

Word is, (and I didn't watch much on this kid at all) his tape showed that he got the job done in college. 

Guess we'll see whether teams really do make decisions based off of game tape.. or Combine drills. My guess is, he gets drafted rd 2 somewhere. 

12 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

I don't know what to make of that. I like the Combine, the drills, etc... but game tape is much more important.

Word is, (and I didn't watch much on this kid at all) his tape showed that he got the job done in college. 

Guess we'll see whether teams really do make decisions based off of game tape.. or Combine drills. My guess is, he gets drafted rd 2 somewhere. 

One thing I will say about the tape...big XII offensive linemen have a pretty horrific recent showing in the NFL despite good tape. Something about them hasn't been transitioning to the next level

3 hours ago, Forge said:

So basically, Barkley stumbles out of the gate a little on both runs, and still puts up 4.41 and 4.42? LOL. Dude is a freak. 

He's gonna be in the 4.3 range when they hand time him on his pro day.  He also said he was hoping to up his reps when he lifts again.

1 hour ago, Forge said:

That's cool and all, but you can also do it in the other direction. Slower than a TE (Vernon Davis). Weaker than S Kevin Ellison. Jumps lower than Jarrett Dillard.

13 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

That's cool and all, but you can also do it in the other direction. Slower than a TE (Vernon Davis). Weaker than S Kevin Ellison. Jumps lower than Jarrett Dillard.

I'd give you the other two, but I can't give you Vernon, that dude was a freak as well. 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'd give you the other two, but I can't give you Vernon, that dude was a freak as well. 

But.. he's a TE! I was too lazy to look for a bad prospect. He's slower than Matt Jones (the jags WR)? 

Just now, rudyZ said:

But.. he's a TE! I was too lazy to look for a bad prospect. He's slower than Matt Jones (the jags WR)? 

That's a good one. And yes, he was. Jones was 4.37 as a former quarterback / aspiring wide receiver. Still one of the craziest combine workouts ever. That's a really good call 

3 hours ago, big9erfan said:

I didn't look at his other measurements.  Worst ever recorded in the broad jump and the vert.  Less than 20 inches on the vert! He might be the least athletically gifted player to ever perform at the combine.  How in the world did he ever start at a majro college program, and get rave reviews for his play?

D.J. Chark runs a 4.34                                                                                                                                                                                                                

56 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

D.J. Chark runs a 4.34                                                                                                                                                                                                                

Stud.

Archived