2018 Draft Thread I

Forge

32 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

Didn't think Chubb was that fast. I thought he was more a 4.7s type of athlete. 4.66 is good.

And Davenport, 4.61.

I thought he would run 4.7 or under. You look at him on tape and his speed on the backside, chasing down plays to the opposite hash was pretty evident. Laundry with a good time as well. But yeah as much as I loved our late season run, sucks we took ourselves out of the running for Chubb. I think he would be an excellent Leo and a nice compliment to Thomas down the road. 

Chubb gave me a chubby. What a great looking DE.

Did Key come in at 238? He's my chubby-killer. He tweeted that he was the best pass rusher in this class? Damn, you gotta love confidence, but that looks more like hubris.

Landry just doesn't do enough to stand out. Unless he's amazing in interviews, he's a second rounder at best. He's good at everything, but not great at anything, if it makes sense? And he has among the shortest arms among the edge rushers. It's not necessarily an automatic exclusion, but someone who has long arms, has good strength and good technique, that's just unstoppable. I'm waiting to see Okoronkwo. He has those long arms, and had 27 reps on the bench, I think? Now that's impressive.

Josh Sweat also looking like an amazing athlete. 

43 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

I thought he would run 4.7 or under. You look at him on tape

To be honest, I didn't even watch Chubb's tape, assuming he would already be gone by the time we pick, so I saved myself some time. ;)

Just now, oldman9er said:

4.46 for Carter, lolz.. no way he gets outta rd 1.

Yup, forget about it. Originally, I had been hoping he would be there at our pick in round 2. When he measured in, I figured that was a dream, and I said earlier in the draft forum that he was a guy I thought would be in the first round by the time this is over. 

Just now, Forge said:

Yup, forget about it. Originally, I had been hoping he would be there at our pick in round 2. When he measured in, I figured that was a dream, and I said earlier in the draft forum that he was a guy I thought would be in the first round by the time this is over. 

yeeeeaaah, thought that was you who stated that, but wasn't sure. Good call.

Just another reason that I would really like to trade out of the #9 pick and am really looking at Buffalo as a trading partner. At 21/22, I like the idea of Wynn or Guice or Carter or Josh Jackson or Oliver or Hughes just as much as anyone who would be there at 9 with the exception of maybe Quenton Nelson. Roquan is borderline for me. 

So is Shaq going to be playing pro ball someday soon with a prosthetic? do they make those as functional enough at this point that he can be a viable 2 hander? Hard to believe he can effectively tackle or fight off blocks as would be most ideally desired by coaches. 

( not trying to sound like an insensitive jerk, or anything) I just hadn't put a ton of thought into this.. because I'm not all that able to think that much anymores )

6 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

So is Shaq going to be playing pro ball someday soon with a prosthetic? do they make those as functional enough at this point that he can be a viable 2 hander? Hard to believe he can effectively tackle or fight off blocks as would be most ideally desired by coaches. 

( not trying to sound like an insensitive jerk, or anything) I just hadn't put a ton of thought into this.. because I'm not all that able to think that much anymores )

It's a legit question in my opinion, and the answer I have is....I don't know. I'm certainly not going to bet against the kid, but the fact of the matter is, that disability raises questions regarding his ability to play at the next level. 

Archived