Finale GDT - Bears/Packers

beardown3231

35 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

For me it was more an issue of lack of diversity in the run game. To my eye it seemed like about 2/3 of our designed runs this year were one of 3 plays:

-Zone read with the RB going right up the middle

-That awkward looking pitch play where it’s like a 2’ pitch to the RB 

-Designed Fields sweep, almost always to the short side for some reason

Last season our run package was far more diverse IMO. This year once we got outside the script it was like Getsy had Ron Turner’s Tecmo Bowl play call sheet. Once we were outside the script we were incredibly predictable on offense in all facets. Once we were beyond the script the majority of plays we made seemed to be ones where Fields made something out of nothing. 

As I've said, the Bears don't run an offense. They run plays

• Like 4

On 1/1/2024 at 4:27 PM, Sugashane said:

In Eberflus' three games vs GB the Bears have been outscored 49-83 and obviously been 0-3. If he can win this one I'd be able to throw him a fair bit more support returning in 2024. If CHI gets smoked as they have all three other games then he goes into the offseason with just as many questions as answers.

At some point a Bears HC has to be able to stop getting bent over by GB. Since GB traded for Favre and signed White it's been the same old story with the occasional win.

2-18 the last 10 years 

6 minutes ago, gizmo2012 said:

2-18 the last 10 years 

With a list of coaches like (checked out) John Fox, Trestman, and Nagy - then a full blown tank and rebuild last year - it isn't really that surprising is it?

23 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

With a list of coaches like (checked out) John Fox, Trestman, and Nagy - then a full blown tank and rebuild last year - it isn't really that surprising is it?

You know, Trestman was the most innovative and exciting coach this franchise has had in decades.  And Nagy had a winning record.  Currently the Bears seem like they're built to have a good culture after tough losses and not much else. 

On 1/7/2024 at 8:09 PM, beardown3231 said:

It cannot be summed up better

We hung onto glory days for almost 25 years between Lombardi and Holmgren.  During those years you guys hammered us repeatedly, especially during the years Ditka was your HC.  I remember our D getting embarrassed by the Fridge plowing thru the line at the goal line on national TV more than once.  Only recently have we surpassed the all-time win/loss record between us.

The one thing I will say in support of JF this game is that he only threw the ball 16 times. he was 8-9 through 3 quarters. i know that sacks and scrambles take away from that number, but what kind of modern nfl offense only has 9 pass attempts through 3/4 of the game? JL had, what, 36 total? If you double JF's numbers in the game he would be 22-32 and 296 yards. maybe through a TD in there in the extra 16 passes. but that stat line looks completely different. i'm still on the trade/keep him fence, but if we're gonna talk about getting him some support, it bare minimum starts at the playcaller

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

The one thing I will say in support of JF this game is that he only threw the ball 16 times. he was 8-9 through 3 quarters. i know that sacks and scrambles take away from that number, but what kind of modern nfl offense only has 9 pass attempts through 3/4 of the game? JL had, what, 36 total? If you double JF's numbers in the game he would be 22-32 and 296 yards. maybe through a TD in there in the extra 16 passes. but that stat line looks completely different. i'm still on the trade/keep him fence, but if we're gonna talk about getting him some support, it bare minimum starts at the playcaller

Specifically in this game, how many plays were there for Fields in the passing game that he missed? The ball in the EZ to Kmet? Maybe? That would’ve needed to be a 30 yard dot to the back pylon while off platform on the run. That’s not a normal throw - if he could’ve made that it would’ve been an exceptional throw. Meanwhile he made multiple high difficulty throws (the sidearm one to DJ on the first drive and the deep shot to Kmet on the play where he got hurt come immediately to mind).