Week 18: San Francisco 49ers vs Los Angeles Rams

52 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I didn't pick the Niners to win every game… picked the Steelers in week 1!

And I will pick the Niners over the Eagles and Cowboys. Favoring the Ravens over us slightly at the moment. 

I'm shocked you didn't take the Niners over the Steelers! I had that one as a win once the schedule came out as didn't trust the Steeles offense then and sure as hell don't trust their offense now lol!

Yes I do agree the Niners should be the favs over anyone in the NFC but would not be surprised if the Cowboys come in and win and also the Rams & Packers have the QB's to put the necessary points to come in and win as well. Not sold on the Niners defense is the main factor in turning me off from them winning the whole thing. 

44 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm one of the hardest people on the team in this forum. Prone to over concern regarding aspects of the team, negative mindsets, etc. 

I will absolutely be picking the 49ers against every possible NFC team they could face. I've said it before - they are clearly the best team in the NFC, so if they don't get to the super bowl, it's a pretty epic failure. 

I will also probably pick them against every AFC team not named the Ravens (have to give Baltimore some credit), though I think that game is much closer to being a tossup despite the *** whooping they laid on the niners just weeks ago. 

What about facing the Bills in the SB? I basically put the Bills in the same category as the Ravens but with an even more lethal QB to defend outside of the pocket. Also the Bills defense can basically do the same to the Niners offensive line as the Ravens can. 

Yes the Niners are the best team in the NFC but not by that wide of a margin as they were in 89 & 94 seasons. The main reason I fear the Cowboys is b/c they are still smarting from the 42-10 beatdown and the Niners players taunted & trashed talked them after the game and I don't like those acts. Also Dak since the beatdown has been a different QB and the Niners defense is susceptible to pretty much any half decent QB these days and the closer the score stays it becomes advantage Cowboys b/c the Niners haven't shown the ability to come from behind or even win the games that go down to the wire. 

Just now, NFL Network said:

What about facing the Bills in the SB? I basically put the Bills in the same category as the Ravens but with an even more lethal QB to defend outside of the pocket. Also the Bills defense can basically do the same to the Niners offensive line as the Ravens can. 

Yes the Niners are the best team in the NFC but not by that wide of a margin as they were in 89 & 94 seasons. The main reason I fear the Cowboys is b/c they are still smarting from the 42-10 beatdown and the Niners players taunted & trashed talked them after the game and I don't like those acts. Also Dak since the beatdown has been a different QB and the Niners defense is susceptible to pretty much any half decent QB these days and the closer the score stays it becomes advantage Cowboys b/c the Niners haven't shown the ability to come from behind or even win the games that go down to the wire. 

I think the niners would handle the bills. Not overly concerned about it. 

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think the niners would handle the bills. Not overly concerned about it. 

My main concern with the Bills is Josh Allen not being able to be brought down and having him run around and beat you with his legs & arm. Also Bills defense can rush the passer and if the Niners get behind then it's game over.

3 minutes ago, NFL Network said:

My main concern with the Bills is Josh Allen not being able to be brought down and having him run around and beat you with his legs & arm. Also Bills defense can rush the passer and if the Niners get behind then it's game over.

Absolutely. And Josh Allen is one of the best in the league at avoiding sacks. They've really turned around their season and started playing the way that they should have been playing all year. 

The problem for the Bills is that they can't get out of their own way, turn the ball over too much, and are missing key guys on defense. They miss a ton of tackles (bad against the niners) and I think Shanny will have their linebackers and safeties in a spin cycle of despair. Shanny has beat the hell out of Taylor Rapp over his career. 

Josh Allen can destroy anyone on his A game. So can Mahomes and a few others. But I don't automatically project a player or team to have their A or A+ game. 

In a vacuum, C game versus C game, B game vs B game, I think the niners are going to beat the bills. So yeah, I'm going to pick the 49ers. Doesn't mean that the Bills can't win it, I am just not going to project that Allen is going to go out there and have his best game of the year or something. 

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

Absolutely. And Josh Allen is one of the best in the league at avoiding sacks. They've really turned around their season and started playing the way that they should have been playing all year. 

The problem for the Bills is that they can't get out of their own way, turn the ball over too much, and are missing key guys on defense. They miss a ton of tackles (bad against the niners) and I think Shanny will have their linebackers and safeties in a spin cycle of despair. Shanny has beat the hell out of Taylor Rapp over his career. 

Josh Allen can destroy anyone on his A game. So can Mahomes and a few others. But I don't automatically project a player or team to have their A or A+ game. 

In a vacuum, C game versus C game, B game vs B game, I think the niners are going to beat the bills. So yeah, I'm going to pick the 49ers. Doesn't mean that the Bills can't win it, I am just not going to project that Allen is going to go out there and have his best game of the year or something. 

So what team do you prefer in the divisional round? I prefer the Eagles and the the Bucs as my 2nd choice as I know the Niners will beat those 2 teams and the Eagles would be an absolute beatdown for the Niners as they are broken beyond repair lol!

The reason I don't want the Packers or Rams is b/c those 2 teams have an offense than can expose the Niners defense by scoring on them in multiple ways e.g. run and pass. Jordan Love looks more dangerous than Aaron Rodgers was when we last saw him in a Packers uniform. How do the Niners defend Puca, Cupp & the running of Kyren Williams? How do the Niners defend the Packers no name WR/TE and the running of Aaron Jones & A.J. Dillan? The Rams & Packers can be a serious problem if they draw them.

50 minutes ago, NFL Network said:

So what team do you prefer in the divisional round? I prefer the Eagles and the the Bucs as my 2nd choice as I know the Niners will beat those 2 teams and the Eagles would be an absolute beatdown for the Niners as they are broken beyond repair lol!

The reason I don't want the Packers or Rams is b/c those 2 teams have an offense than can expose the Niners defense by scoring on them in multiple ways e.g. run and pass. Jordan Love looks more dangerous than Aaron Rodgers was when we last saw him in a Packers uniform. How do the Niners defend Puca, Cupp & the running of Kyren Williams? How do the Niners defend the Packers no name WR/TE and the running of Aaron Jones & A.J. Dillan? The Rams & Packers can be a serious problem if they draw them.

The rams provide the biggest issue imo, the other three are all pretty much the same, so I don't care between those three. 

The Rams offense fully healthy is arguably better than the niners (they just didn't have the sample size). The 49ers defense is better than the Rams defense, but the Rams would give the 49ers offense little room for error. 

I'd still pick the 49ers against the Rams, but I think their odds of beating the 49ers is better than the other three

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

The rams provide the biggest issue imo, the other three are all pretty much the same, so I don't care between those three. 

The Rams offense fully healthy is arguably better than the niners (they just didn't have the sample size). The 49ers defense is better than the Rams defense, but the Rams would give the 49ers offense little room for error. 

I'd still pick the 49ers against the Rams, but I think their odds of beating the 49ers is better than the other three

An offense consisting of Aiyuk, Deebo, Kittle and CMC along with 3rd and Juan, Elijah Mitchell and Jordan Mason is not better than the Rams. I think the 49ers clears the Rams on both side of the ball. Rams are just a well coached team that knows us well and is the only reason they scare me. 

14 minutes ago, Dub_City30 said:

An offense consisting of Aiyuk, Deebo, Kittle and CMC along with 3rd and Juan, Elijah Mitchell and Jordan Mason is not better than the Rams. I think the 49ers clears the Rams on both side of the ball. Rams are just a well coached team that knows us well and is the only reason they scare me. 

When fully healthy (Stafford / Williams / Kupp / Nacua), the Rams were  #1 in a ton of offensive stats. epa, success rate, etc. I'm assuming yesterday didn't impact that the qualifying, of course.  The sample is just smaller because they only played a handful of games together. Whether it's sustainable is certainly a fair question. 

I can't remember where I saw the numbers, but it's a legit thing. On the surface, out players would seem to be superior, but their results are what they are since everyone got back. @stl4life07 do you have the post about the Rams offensive ranks after everyone got healthy? 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think the season played that out. The Niners came out pretty hot but the Rams stayed within 10 (if we don't count the late FG) - compare that to what y'all did to the Eagles and Cowboys, I can see your logic.

That said, we agree that we absolutely could not actually win in the playoffs lol.....I can see it being closer than against the others though.

7-1 with the one loss being an OT game at Baltimore....I'm starting to get a little cocky about this Detroit game

Just now, FrantikRam said:

I think the season played that out. The Niners came out pretty hot but the Rams stayed within 10 (if we don't count the late FG) - compare that to what y'all did to the Eagles and Cowboys, I can see your logic.

That said, we agree that we absolutely could not actually win in the playoffs lol.....I can see it being closer than against the others though.

7-1 with the one loss being an OT game at Baltimore....I'm starting to get a little cocky about this Detroit game

I really like your odds against Detroit. Laporta being hurt doesn't help the Lions either. 

• Like 1

I've had 2021 Rams/Niners vibes all season man.....and then this **** actually happened where y'all finished 12-5 (Rams did in 2021), Rams finished 10-7 (Niners did in 2021), and we won on your turf in week 18 after being down double digits at halftime (preseason game or not, I don't even know what to say about this one other than we're living in a simulation).

So clearly we are going to beat Detroit and then lose to y'all in route to a Niners Super Bowl win.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FrantikRam said:

I've had 2021 Rams/Niners vibes all season man.....and then this **** actually happened where y'all finished 12-5 (Rams did in 2021), Rams finished 10-7 (Niners did in 2021), and we won on your turf in week 18 after being down double digits at halftime (preseason game or not, I don't even know what to say about this one other than we're living in a simulation).

So clearly we are going to beat Detroit and then lose to y'all in route to a Niners Super Bowl win.

I find this a totally acceptable outcome 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

You spend a 3rd rounder on a kicker, he better be money inside 50.

That hasn't been Moody.

Moody is looking suspect right now and this is the WRONG time to be hoping & praying your kicker isn't the weak link in the chain.

Fair enough. Well, hopefully none of the playoff games hang in the balance of Moody continuously having to make kicks. 

32 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

Funny-1081.gif

• Like 2