Week 18: San Francisco 49ers vs Los Angeles Rams

4 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

My FFPC Playoff Bracket:

(you can pick one player from each team, and fade two teams) (no draft or salary cap)

Buy In: $200, Grand Prize: $500,000, Teams: 7,900 (they also have a $35 Buy-In for a $100,000 grand prize)

QB - CJ Stroud

RB - Rachaad White

RB - James Cook

WR Tyreek Hill

WR CeeDee Lamb 

FLEX - Puka Nacua

FLEX - Deebo Samuel

FLEX - Jayden Reed

FLEX - Amon-Ra St. Brown

TE - Isaiah Likely

K - Dustin Hopkins

DEF - Kansas City Chiefs

Pittsburgh Steelers - Fade

Philadelphia Eagles - Fade

Trying to get unique with Deebo over CMC. I'm sure 80% of the entire contest will probably pick CMC. If the Niners top scorer ends up being Deebo, I would have a HUGE advantage.

Does Deebo ever outscore CMC?

3 hours ago, Forge said:

When fully healthy (Stafford / Williams / Kupp / Nacua), the Rams were  #1 in a ton of offensive stats. epa, success rate, etc. I'm assuming yesterday didn't impact that the qualifying, of course.  The sample is just smaller because they only played a handful of games together. Whether it's sustainable is certainly a fair question. 

I can't remember where I saw the numbers, but it's a legit thing. On the surface, out players would seem to be superior, but their results are what they are since everyone got back. @stl4life07 do you have the post about the Rams offensive ranks after everyone got healthy? 

No but I did see it on X as well as someone posted on the General Discussion Thread. I forgot for what week though. And its not really a small handful of games. Its 9 or 10 games I believe. Thats half a season worth of games. 

Edited by stl4life07
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, stl4life07 said:

@Forge I found it. Excuse me for not knowing how to actually put the image on here so I just copied the link to it.

https://x.com/_MLFootball/status/1739726076597739751?s=20

Much appreciated! 

I know that Nate Tice had mentioned it before on the Athletic football show about how good they have been when healthy as well 

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

Much appreciated! 

I know that Nate Tice had mentioned it before on the Athletic football show about how good they have been when healthy as well 

lol I just looked at the quote tweets and Nate had tweeted it 

33 minutes ago, Forge said:

Much appreciated! 

No problem!

Yeah I didnt know that was legit but I was just going off just the eye test and seeing how great the Rams offense looked. Then I saw that tweet and was like thats impressive. 

Edited by stl4life07

7 hours ago, NinerNation21 said:

I know you're joking, but I would be extremely angry at that signing. Not just because Mac is a bad QB, but mainly because he seems to be a pretty awful person.

Sam Darnold had similar maturity issues, although not nearly to the extent that Mac did with all the dirty plays etc etc.

Both guys failures have humbled them. Darnold used to play like he thought he was superman, but he seemed to play within himself yesterday. 

For 2.7m and a 6th round pick, we could do worse at QB2. I am pretty comfortable bringing Darnold back as well but I would understand if he went to ATL or somewhere that he will have a chance to compete for the starting job. 

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

Is the perspective that we drafted a guy in the third round to hit extra points?

Depends on if people are complaining about Moody missing an XP, while being 60/61 on the year which did happen during the game. Even if I took a kicker in the third round, I wouldn't have expectations that they'd never miss a XP on that many tries during the regular season. And if the one miss is during a meaningless game, then it's no big deal. Playoffs, we'll see. 

If it was regular FG, then that's another conversation, since he's been average this year. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 1

Just now, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Depends on if people are complaining about Moody missing an XP, while being 60/61 on the year which did happen during the game. If it was regular FG, then that's another conversation. 

That makes more sense. I was super confused by the point of the tweet.