BDL Discussion Thread 2024

7 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I probably didn't word it well. I feel that upsets in the NFL are far more common than upsets in BDL, If you're basing a lot of your vote on the strength of a roster, you'll have little incentive to take an underdog.

It's something I'm not entirely sure how to adjust or improve.

So far, I've tried to put a lot of weight into finding mismatches through gameplans - if a team has a detailed plan how to exploit a weakness on another team, and that other team does nothing to account/scheme for that weakness, I'll put a lot of weight into that mismatch - but, really, there should probably be more.

Looking at this week: we've got Cancun's Mahomes, who's churning out subpar performances and throwing uncharacteristically bad picks, going against Raleigh's Stafford, who had a very good performance in a wild comeback against the "powerhouse" 49ers. I want to put some BDL weight into all of that. I think that should matter. It just feels "wrong" voting against a better roster because, well, the roster is better.

TL;DR: I have no idea.

You can vote for Stafford AND the better roster……..because they both reside on the same team 😎

7 hours ago, Blue said:

I'm sure he would look drastically better with BDL stud Andrei Iosivas, who is up to 3 touchdowns in three games and 7 TDs in 25 career catches, to throw the ball to instead of *checks notes* zombie JuJu Smith Schuster

Watching him play, I get the vibe that something is... off. (And it's not like Rashee Rice is a bad player or anything.) I just don't feel like the supporting cast is to blame.

50 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Watching him play, I get the vibe that something is... off. (And it's not like Rashee Rice is a bad player or anything.) I just don't feel like the supporting cast is to blame.

I'm not being entirely serious, but I am positive having a (now-benched) rookie and then Wanya Morris at left tackle and then no reliable receivers outside of Rashee Rice is playing a significant role in his numbers not being otherworldly

50 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I'm not being entirely serious, but I am positive having a (now-benched) rookie and then Wanya Morris at left tackle and then no reliable receivers outside of Rashee Rice is playing a significant role in his numbers not being otherworldly

Chiefs are sort of sleepwalking too.

They're 3-0. 3 superbowls in the last 4 years. 

You give Mahomes the benefit of the doubt here even if he hasn't looked as great as he has in the past. He didn't look great at several points last year and then once the playoffs came he was great.

Until they start losing games and Mahomes looks bad, he's still the man.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Blue said:

I think the OL (which i usually harp on is not the issue). It's that Mahomes receiving supporting cast has gotten worse every year since 2019.

Rashee Rice is a very good slot WR. I really like him. He should be the 3rd receiving option on any decent team. Him being WR1 on KC is obv putting Mahomes at a severe disadvantage.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, InjuredReserve said:

I think the OL (which i usually harp on is not the issue). It's that Mahomes receiving supporting cast has gotten worse every year since 2019.

Rashee Rice is a very good slot WR. I really like him. He should be the 3rd receiving option on any decent team. Him being WR1 on KC is obv putting Mahomes at a severe disadvantage.

Oh man, I don't think Rice is a WR1 but I think you're underselling him a little bit too. I think he can definitely be a successful 2nd option for a lot of teams. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Oh man, I don't think Rice is a WR1 but I think you're underselling him a little bit too. I think he can definitely be a successful 2nd option for a lot of teams. 

I said I thought he was a very good slot receiver. And that on a decent team he is their 3rd receiving option. I don't think your answer is any different than mine. The difference between 2nd and 3rd option is close and my caveat is that he is the 3rd option on a decent/solid team. 2nd option is completely reasonable on a weaker receiving core. Feel like there is no disagreement between us.

15 minutes ago, InjuredReserve said:

I said I thought he was a very good slot receiver. And that on a decent team he is their 3rd receiving option. I don't think your answer is any different than mine. The difference between 2nd and 3rd option is close and my caveat is that he is the 3rd option on a decent/solid team. 2nd option is completely reasonable on a weaker receiving core. Feel like there is no disagreement between us.

Not much. I'm saying high end 2nd option though vs. your third. That's all. There is a difference even if it's mitigated. 

• Like 1

In fact, I'd say Rice would probably be the best receiver on these teams other than the Chiefs:

Broncos, Chargers, Panthers, Ravens, Titans, Colts, Jaguars, Patriots and Bills.

Could make a reasonable argument for a few other teams too.

3 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

In fact, I'd say Rice would probably be the best receiver on these teams other than the Chiefs:

Broncos, Chargers, Panthers, Ravens, Titans, Colts, Jaguars, Patriots and Bills.

Could make a reasonable argument for a few other teams too.

I don't disagree with most of those, but that doesn't change the comments point about Rice is a high end No 2 or a #3 in IR's opinion

15 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I don't disagree with most of those, but that doesn't change the comments point about Rice is a high end No 2 or a #3 in IR's opinion

Well yeah he's ideally a high end no.2 given his skillset but saying he's a no.3 on a "decent" team is absurd when he's already shown he was a good no.2 option as a rookie on a team that won the superbowl.

Calling a guy who's probably between 25th and 30th best WR in the league a no.3 is crazy.

Edited by WFLukic

5 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

Well yeah he's ideally a high end no.2 given his skillset but saying he's a no.3 on a "decent" team is absurd when he's already shown he was a good no.2 option as a rookie on a team that won the superbowl.

Calling a guy who's probably between 25th and 30th best WR in the league a no.3 is crazy.

To be clear, bc I think I am being misinterpreted. I said "receiving option" not 3rd WR. I think he is a WR2, which aligns with your post too. But, I'm factoring in high-end TE play too which KC has had historically with Mahomes.

Just like I said to Mike, I think its minimal disagreement on a player we all think is good.

• Like 1