• Miami Dolphins
    • Buffalo Bills
    • Tie
  2. 2. How close will the game be?

• 3 or fewer point difference
    • 4-7 point difference
    • 8-14 point difference
    • 15 or greater point difference
  3. 3. Who would score the most fantasy points in this game if anyone were dumb enough to have their fantasy championship on Week 18?

• Tua Tagovailoa
    • Josh Allen
    • Raheem Mostert
    • De'Von Achane
    • Jeff Wilson Jr.
    • James Cook
    • Latavius Murray
    • Tyreek Hill
    • Jaylen Waddle
    • Cedrick Wilson Jr.
    • Stefon Diggs
    • Gabe Davis
    • Durham Smythe
    • Dawson Knox
    • Dalton Kincaid
    • Jason Sanders
    • Tyler Bass
    • Dolphins DST
    • Bills DST
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/08/2024 at 01:20 AM

h4g0jep2qhibcr5kgkjc

Week 17 sucked. Like, really sucked. Not only did we get manhandled, but our battered defense lost Bradley Chubb for the rest of the way. While there was a time when it seemed like the division was going to be able to be secured without winning this game, it now comes down to this. Miami has played far better at home this season than on the road, making securing the division both far more important and giving me some hope in this matchup (although I would've preferred that it wasn't flexed to a primetime game).

While my mind disagrees, I'm going to let my heart make this prediction...

Buffalo 27
Miami 30

Fins up!

Some notes on the playoff scenarios hinging on this game:

• The winner of this game will not only be AFC East champion but also the #2 seed.
  • If Miami loses this game, we'd be locked into the 6th seed, and by extension visiting Kansas City in wildcard round (as the Chiefs are locked into the 3rd seed).
  • If Buffalo loses this game, they could be eliminated from the postseason alltogether (if the Jaguars beat the Titans and Steelers beat the Ravens).
    • However, the most likely scenario is that they'd be the 7th seed, which would result in a rematch (again in Miami) next week in the wildcard round.
    • There is a chance the Bills could earn the 6th seed with a loss (if the Jaguars and Steelers both conversely lose).
    • If the Bills either earn the 6th seed or are eliminated, we'd face one of Jacksonville, Houston, Indianapolis, or Pittsburgh in the first round of the playoffs. This is by far the best scenario for us, but I'm not holding out much hope.
    • As we play last in Week 18, we'll know the exact fate that the Bills would suffer with a loss before the game starts.

Needing to likely beat Buffalo twice in a row (even at home) or the Chiefs in Kansas City leaves a pit in my stomach, but this is the hole we've dug for ourselves...

Despite last week I am feeling optimistic about Miami’s chances. The Bills are not the powerhouse that the Ravens appear to be. No Chubb is brutal but I bet Melvin Ingram shows up. Regardless though, injury wise, Miami is in a tough spot entering into the post season. If Miami hadn’t imploded versus the Titans this would be a nonissue Miami could rest players this week. shoulda woulda coulda. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Phinsesq said:

Despite last week I am feeling optimistic about Miami’s chances. The Bills are not the powerhouse that the Ravens appear to be. No Chubb is brutal but I bet Melvin Ingram shows up. Regardless though, injury wise, Miami is in a tough spot entering into the post season. If Miami hadn’t imploded versus the Titans this would be a nonissue Miami could rest players this week. shoulda woulda coulda. 

It definitely feels like that game versus Tennessee is where our season took a turn for the worse.

• Like 2

On 1/4/2024 at 9:41 AM, TheKillerNacho said:

It definitely feels like that game versus Tennessee is where our season took a turn for the worse.

of all the losses this season, this one irked me the most. 

• Like 1

This one was odd. They had a TD on a deflection. I have absolutely no clue what Eli Apple was doing. Literally could have dragged down Sherfield since it was deflected. Looked like he just gave up on the play. TD. 

Cameron Goode blows a knee covering a punt taking out Ingold in the process. TD. 

Then the offense disappears after that point. It was crucial that we won time of possession given how absolutely depleted the defense was. But they just disappeared. Hard to say how much is McDaniel, and how much is player execution. To me, it looked like we were struggling to get open. Our WR group was projected to be a strength going into the season but I'm not seeing much out of Wilson, Berrios, Chosen, Claypool, etc. 

The NFL season is a war of attrition. Injuries have played a major role for us especially down the final stretch. Sucks to see the division slip away, but we are still in the tournament and have a good a shot as anyone. Just hoping we somehow get healthy. 

• Like 1

I'm so sick of us being last to near last in the league in Special Teams going back to last season.  It shouldn't be too difficult to bring in a Special Teams Coach that can elevate our play.  The media doesn't talk about it and therefor most fans aren't aware, so here's a News Flash........Our Special Teams has been bad the last two seasons, mainly the coverage.  Also, Berrios is a solid Punt Returner and I have no issues with him being our main PR, but it's criminal IMO to not put Tyreke back there to return punts at some point in certain game situations.  Berrios is solid and will get 7-15 yards on a PR without making fielding mistakes, but he is no threat to house it or even pick up 20 yards.

How do we make the entire team prepare for our best player without leaning on Tua's inconsistent ball placement?  Easy, quit "what if'ng" on the injury BS and put Tyreke back there to field a punt when a dynamic return is needed.  Now that I've said it out loud I need to see this happen in the playoffs.

Edited by Swampbilly