The Hitman Cometh

swede700

11 hours ago, solidvikingfan said:

We are paying 10.7 million in void year money next year if he is done playing for us after this season.

I know that's what it shows, but I'm not sure if that isn't adjustable.

What we do know:

Harrison Smith renegotiated his current deal for 2024. The deal consist of 9m in guaranteed money, which comes in the form of 1.5m salary + 500k workout bonus, and 7M signing bonus.

To get the cap hit below his APY cash flow of 9m, the Vikings added 3 void years starting after 2025, and prorated the SB over those these 5 years.

I' "think" they also voided his last year of his of previous contract (2025). But I am not entirely sure of that. 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

So was it strictly a restructure without him taking any pay cut?

Oh, no...they definitely cut his pay, because he was scheduled to make $40M+ combined over this year and next and he's only making $9M this year (instead of the original $14M).

Edited by swede700
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, vike daddy said:

how much has Smith earned in his NFL career from salary? did he do any promotional stuff for pay?

OTC has his career earnings at $94.45M. No idea if he's done any promotional/endorsement type of stuff.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

No idea if he's done any promotional/endorsement type of stuff.

he's not a real vibrant, energetic speaker, more like a subdued intellectual. maybe he could sell... insurance policies...?

Edited by vike daddy

15 hours ago, vike daddy said:

he's not a real vibrant, energetic speaker, more like a subdued intellectual. maybe he could sell... insurance policies...?

He's my kinda guy.  Although I don't sell.  Some of those guys are more talkative than Harrison too.  🤣

• Like 1