Saturday Football: Pittsburgh @ Baltimore

Louis Friend

6 minutes ago, 4thandInches said:

Wow, watt has a grade 3 sprain. That’s severe.

Better than an ACL tear.

We arent going anywhere this year, with or without him.   Just happy he should be good to go next season.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DawgX said:

I think Miami is somewhat fraudulent as well, but I think they're a bad matchup for Cleveland.

The man coverage portion would be an issue if they can’t get pressure on Tua

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 43M said:

I wouldnt say they "luck" into wins.    I mean, they embarrassingly lost to two straight 2 win teams late in the season.

They will lose games they SHOULD win when they start buying into their own hype  (false or not) or they believe they have an "easy win" upcoming, but when the chips are down and they are being counted out, they will start overachieving.

Its Tomlin's MO.

That's fair. But it does feel like they've been lucky this season.

Vs. Browns on MNF, took a Chubb injury and Watson having his worst game as a Brown (and probably his career) to barely beat the Browns.

Barely beat the Titans with Levis making his second career start.

Lost to the Browns round two, but us playing a mid-round rookie in DTR is probably the only reason it was close.

Beat the Bengals with Browning, one of those games was him making his second start.

Barely beat the Ravens while they were resting most of their key players.

And then barely beat some other bad/mediocre teams.

They won those games, fair enough. And Tomlin and the team deserves credit for that. But as a non-Steelers fan, they just feel like they've lucked into a lot of wins.

8 hours ago, DawgX said:

That's fair. But it does feel like they've been lucky this season.

Vs. Browns on MNF, took a Chubb injury and Watson having his worst game as a Brown (and probably his career) to barely beat the Browns.

Barely beat the Titans with Levis making his second career start.

Lost to the Browns round two, but us playing a mid-round rookie in DTR is probably the only reason it was close.

Beat the Bengals with Browning, one of those games was him making his second start.

Barely beat the Ravens while they were resting most of their key players.

And then barely beat some other bad/mediocre teams.

They won those games, fair enough. And Tomlin and the team deserves credit for that. But as a non-Steelers fan, they just feel like they've lucked into a lot of wins.

I get where youre coming from, but injuries and poor play are part of the game.  And again, close wins/losses is kind of "our thing" the last several years, and perhaps even most of Tomlin's tenure.   Partly because we regularly play up or down to competition, regardless of talent.

Is there luck involved?   I suppose, but is it also then, bad luck when we lose to lesser teams?

I think its more a matter of extreme inconsistency than luck.

• Like 1