FF Big Brother X: THEUNTOUCHABLE WINS!!!

18 hours ago, Malfatron said:

Since @Shady Slim did not submit picks, his big brother journey ends today

This one bums me a bit - mostly because I love @Shady Slim very much. But, real life has a way of taking your time. I know that firsthand, can only imagine what its like when you're coordinating with folks halfway across the world.

Here's the full interview (note - Shady hasn't logged in since 3/8 so I'm making the decision to not wait to hear whether or not he has edits):

On 1/8/2024 at 12:52 PM, ET80 said:

Bruh... BRUH!

whats-up-gif-meme.gif

What is UP, fam? How is my 3rd favorite Australian (behind Margot Robbie and Lauren Cohen)?

On 1/9/2024 at 11:41 PM, Shady Slim said:

hey hey!! the shadester is graduated now and has a full time job (well graduated in 2022 and working a full time job since the feb 2023), which impacts how much i can plot and scheme and the like!! i'll do my best though nevertheless to have the viewers entertained🫡

On 1/10/2024 at 7:15 AM, ET80 said:

Congratulations brother! Glad to hear you're on the up and up. My old arse is actually back IN school, getting my Masters in Financial Technology (Fintech) and Analytics. So far so good but I definitely forgot how to study!

So... what schemes do you have in mind? I know you at half strength blew up a lot of people, so what you got in mind now?

On 1/10/2024 at 12:36 PM, Shady Slim said:

hey huge and good luck with that because it’s always a bit harder going back after time off! i’ve got a mate who’s gone back at ~40 so as to get into something more sustainable for the body. always good to see!

i might actually try laying low for a while here! hope there are no grudges held by outpost about what happened last time… would put an early target on my back if so hehe. i say that but i absolutely will not do that👀

On 1/18/2024 at 7:45 AM, ET80 said:

So, first one in the books - I think in past iterations, you and gopher would work in tandem. Any thoughts on how this lined up? 

On 1/18/2024 at 7:09 PM, Shady Slim said:

yeah so i've got something of a posse going with ted mission and tlo too - three guys who i've never before worked with no sir definitely not ever nope - we'll try not to tip any babies out with the bathwater atm

i was a bit worried outpost/macready might have come and put me or ted on the block given how the last BB went but i'm glad to see the grudge hasn't materialised... yet!!

On 1/18/2024 at 7:10 PM, ET80 said:

That's a pretty deep stable you got there. Any stable nicknames you can share with me? NWO? DX? Evolution? The Four Horsemen?

(Sorry, been watching some WWE stuff today).

On 1/20/2024 at 8:27 PM, Shady Slim said:

apologies about the not submitting HoH! was planning on doing it yesterday morning my time but we had a buncha stuff come up irl, and then i had cricket

i'm not the names guy but when we have one i will report back to you itbt

On 1/23/2024 at 12:44 PM, ET80 said:

Saw you didn't get your moves in, that happens - think it's gonna impact you?

On 1/24/2024 at 12:24 AM, Shady Slim said:

yeah that was a big unforced error. naz's logic is stupid and really backwards - rules for thee but not for me areas - "when i don't contribute to a challenge it's a choice, strategy, when shady and bcb do it they are noncontributors and have to be nominated", but bb isn't court where logic wins (logic also doesn't win in courtrooms tbf), it's one where emotion and such sway.

if i get out of this and bcb does too i'm going to ask if he wants to plonk naz

On 1/24/2024 at 6:53 AM, ET80 said:

Yipes, sounds like things are boiling over. You have a tendency to work well in this space, so I'm lol forward to the next few episodes!

On 1/25/2024 at 5:23 AM, Shady Slim said:

i'm taking a different tact! knowing that i'm constrained heavily with my working hours right now i think the scheming shady of seasons past who tried to be in everyone's dm's isn't going to be sustainable.

let's try this new tact!

On 1/29/2024 at 7:35 PM, Shady Slim said:

feel good to have gotten through that! i think my votes here came from

ted

tlo

mission

jburge

fin

daboy

whicker

josh

at least from what i've been told

On 1/29/2024 at 7:35 PM, Shady Slim said:

on to the next!! my brat in battlebrats is what i'd order if i ate sausages, so hopefully it can pull it through

On 1/29/2024 at 7:44 PM, ET80 said:

Great to know, glad you like your brat.

Side question: You don't eat brats?

On 1/30/2024 at 12:56 PM, Shady Slim said:

i’m kind of off the cured meats!

let’s hope for a big win for the shadester. despite going quite deep in these games usually i’m not sure i’ve ever won a challenge lmao

On 2/6/2024 at 5:32 PM, Shady Slim said:

waited long on this vote to see if either of finn or josh would shoot me a message and see if we could get anything going, however, neither of them have.

were all else equal i'd be minded to save finn - although nothing against josh who's great it's just that i've played longer on this game with finn and he's superb. however, ted did a lot of leg work in making sure i was safe vs bcb and the ted man would like josh to be saved here. and so it shall be. sorry finn, not happy about doing this

On 2/8/2024 at 1:30 PM, ET80 said:

Sorry it played out as such, but it looks like you weren't alone. That's gotta help.

On 2/9/2024 at 3:47 AM, ET80 said:

Onto the next phase of the game and we have a double elimination on the horizon - your thoughts?

On 2/9/2024 at 5:55 PM, Shady Slim said:

glad to have ted in my side of the house! but a lot of my and ted's allies, mission, tlol josh, daboy, are on the 49er side of the house - so i'm very wary here

On 2/13/2024 at 7:56 AM, ET80 said:

So, would love your thoughts on how you came to your decision. I read what you said... but what's the real scoop?

On 2/14/2024 at 1:43 PM, ET80 said:

Big win for you! Any thoughts on how to handle your power of Veto?

On 2/14/2024 at 4:52 PM, Shady Slim said:

so honestly that was the real scoop! they were the only two who didn't drop me a line. in hindsight, though, some of the conversations i had with those who did drop me a line may not have been as solid as i thought! burge indicated to me that he'd dropped mission and finn a line with little in return and was otherwise sort of floating. ted tells me that he's playing a much deeper game than that and that i've been had

i spoke to macoutpost and we discussed what to do with our twin wins. i asked if mission could be kept safe, he asked that for burge. i at the time thought, wonderful, brilliant, burge isn't doing much anyway so no harm and no foul.

hah!

later on i get a message from ted suggesting we could make a move on the biggest player in the game (burge). me having already been had, didn't know who he was talking about at first, and i already gave macoutpost the assurance that i wouldn't put burge up.

nevertheless ted and i considered hatching a plan to thread the needle and one way i suggested would be for one of the guys currently up for veto to be pulled, for me to put burge up and hold out like i have the numbers to ensure him a safe passage and that ted is running point for me, when really, ted is doing numbers to get him evicted. then i could do a big, oh no, woe is me i have been betrayed by my close ally ted and we move on. ted would get the credit for the legwork and the risk, i thought of the plan. to pull it off, neither me nor burge could win veto.

and then i won veto.🤦‍♂️

this isn't the worst tbf, can keep my relationship with macoutpost and burge while ted and i can regroup and figure out a plan of attack to make some big moves. typical that i really did want to play a less involved more social game then ted comes with the suggestion of a big move and the cogs instantly turn in my head allured with such an idea! but i do really want to play a less like surreptitious sort of game, however, if ted is right re burge playing a deeper game then i've got to watch my six lol

On 2/14/2024 at 7:17 PM, ET80 said:

This is all incredibly good stuff to see play out in real time - and seeing you in the middle of this chaos is both nerve wracking and exciting, good on you!

On 2/15/2024 at 4:57 AM, Shady Slim said:

ted and i might try doing it... i'm going to sleep and he's going to shore things up and i'll see in the morning whether we can pull it off or not... more on the mechanics tmrw!

On 2/15/2024 at 2:51 PM, ET80 said:

Goodness, this is happening!?

On 2/16/2024 at 5:36 PM, Shady Slim said:

outpost says that he has two votes to save burge and is 70% he has a third. say that is true and it falls through altogether i am safe although it does put a target on ted’s back, one which i wouldn’t let stand and would do everything i can to fix. i’m playing the double game here pretending to outpost and burge that i’ve been lied to by ted, who on the account i’m giving told me burge was safe and best bet to kick scoundrel. apologies here to scoundrel for making him think i was gunning for him when really the nomination turned into an on the run shambolic plan which has put him in danger.

ted says that shock’s wavering but that we have dwight. i’m told by sky that he’s voting scoundrel. if i have to tiebreak this is unsteady areas!

On 2/16/2024 at 7:11 PM, ET80 said:

So it's turning again? Gah this tension is palpable!

On 2/17/2024 at 9:34 PM, ET80 said:

Oh boy...

On 2/18/2024 at 12:36 AM, Shady Slim said:

so dwight was the flip, meaning it was ted and whicker voting burge and dwight and sky (who told me he'd vote scoundrel, tbf) on scoundrel on this vote. the die of fate has been cast...

i did a murder trial last year and the bloke on trial was alleged to have said at some point prior to the incident "you either do it right or you don't do it at all". far be it from me to venerate a murderer but it's a quote that sticks with me although i do obviously try to implement it for the right reasons.

On 2/19/2024 at 6:34 AM, ET80 said:

Checking in... how you doing? Did I flip the table hard enough?

On 2/21/2024 at 8:01 PM, ET80 said:

Looks like the die is cast, how you feeling?

On 2/23/2024 at 5:50 PM, Shady Slim said:

yeah so after the vote it's fun to make a big move, even if it is premature and likely to create a big factional divide within the house that puts a target on our backs if the opposite team wins. nevertheless it was definitely the moment i've switched on in the game now and it's made me a lot more aware of the fault lines

the die of fate has been cast indeed!! i think the logic is kinda flimsy - just say you wanted to nominate me because i'm on the other side of the house!! i think if one of ted and i gets yanked, i feel it might be scoundrel who gets put up so we're going to lose one of our number regardless which is a real shame imho. obviously this is what happens when the HoH turns on a real pithy randomised game of chance rather than the high rolling swashbuckling and definitely skill based gambling game that i won🫡

On 2/23/2024 at 6:20 PM, Shady Slim said:

poor dwight here having waited for like two days for me to be ready only to be moops'd

On 2/24/2024 at 8:06 AM, ET80 said:

That happens! Good victory in the 1v1. How do you like your chances given the remain folks? You off the block?

On 2/29/2024 at 5:25 PM, ET80 said:

Shady - how you feeling here?

On 3/1/2024 at 5:28 PM, Shady Slim said:

well, we went into this thinking we had me-ted-scoundrel-whicker-josh-daboy-touch locked in as a core group, which would have been a walkover in the voting. plus mission on my side and that would've been safe 7-2

two of them flipped, i'm minded to think it's josh and daboy because they are really tight and vote like a twosome sometimes, i think, (although i could be wrong); just because i don't think it was scoundrel or whicker, and i don't think it would be touch plus one of those two. again i could be wrong. be hilarious if ted's blindsiding me and it didn't work or if naz secretly voted to save me, but neither of those things happened.

so

mission does not vote, which would have saved me, leaving it to dwight. the slate is clean insofar as he and i are concerned in the sense that i put him up but pulled him down and now vice versa. hope we can really work together in the game moving forward, the way that we intended that we would if the burge vote went to the original plan! the lesson is never be complacent eh

On 3/1/2024 at 5:32 PM, ET80 said:

This is getting complex, can't wait to see our next comp!

On 3/4/2024 at 9:14 AM, ET80 said:

Haven't heard from you since your down to the wire W - how you doing?

On 3/8/2024 at 5:20 PM, Shady Slim said:

our stable has struggled in the HoH comps since that big move but we've clutched it in the veto's, though it is a shame scoundrel got bounced before the loathsome naz (he's not actually loathsome lol i'm just hamming it up yanno for the viewers)

if we put naz and sky up we can guarantee at least sending someone from that side of the house home. whicker's going to be livid we've got another chance challenge

On 3/16/2024 at 4:31 PM, ET80 said:

So how you feeling after that one?

On 4/6/2024 at 10:17 AM, ET80 said:

Ok. How you feeling now?

Thanks again for playing @Shady Slim! Hope you're well.