Signing Kaepernick, Another Veteran or Stick with Sudfeld as #2?

Nabbs4u

Just now, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

If he was good at football he would be in SF starting as a franchise QB regardless of the off the field stuff

How so? He opted out of his contract in SF, it's not like he was given the boot. 

He's a career 60% passer, a hair better than the greatest QB in franchise history up until this point. So don't act like he's Tebow out there.

Just now, Jlash said:

How so? He opted out of his contract in SF, it's not like he was given the boot. 

He's a career 60% passer, a hair better than the greatest QB in franchise history up until this point. So don't act like he's Tebow out there.

He opted out because they made clear they didn't want him to be their guy. He's not Tebow, he's a poor mans Cam Newton. And that's awful.

Just now, nlesthought said:

You stating that he would take a check to sit on the sideline is just as ridiculous, I was just following your lead. 

I asked you why wouldn't he? And why wouldn't he? You countered that with a statement that you had no way of proving.

So again, why wouldn't he?

Just now, Jlash said:

Because if he was good at football SF of all teams would have wanted to keep him? Teams don't let QBs just walk if they really think they are good, and if was actually good another team would have signed him.

I have no clue what kind of mental gymnastics you are using to come to the conclusion that Colin Kaepernick is somehow a good QB, but it isn't true. As soon as he was asked to be a real QB and throw from the pocket on a regular basis he was completely exposed. It is why he is currently without a job, cause a good QB will get signed by some team no matter what they bring in off the field baggage.

Just now, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I have no clue what kind of mental gymnastics you are using to come to the conclusion that Colin Kaepernick is somehow a good QB

I literally called him an average NFL QB. Which puts him leaps and bounds above anyone else's #3 QB.

Just now, Jlash said:

If you guys want to keep arguing he wouldn't be a more capable player than Nate Sudfeld in an emergency situation I can do this all day.

OWvip90.gif

The fact that this is an argument is hilarious cause it isn't.

Who cares if he is a better backup, the awful attention he would bring to this team completely outweigh his value of sitting on the bench for us.

Just now, Remixxxxxxx said:

WHO CARES?!

Him coming here is about as realistic as Wentz playing again this year - you're better off debating that. 

I mean, you're welcome to not post in the thread about Kaepernick if you don't want to debate it, right?

Archived