Signing Kaepernick, Another Veteran or Stick with Sudfeld as #2?

Nabbs4u

7 hours ago, BLick12 said:

And his play starting on a 1-15 Niners team was superior to Foles last starting gig. 

Dude. That was with Jeff Fischer. Look at all the other Quarterbacks that have been absolutely hindered and hogtied by his coaching.

45 minutes ago, Danger said:

Dude. That was with Jeff Fischer. Look at all the other Quarterbacks that have been absolutely hindered and hogtied by his coaching.

Yeah nothing any QB does under Jeff Fisher counts. He's where QB's go to die, Not Cleveland!

Once again though Kapernick wouldn't be fighting Foles for #1 but Sudfeld for the #2! Which I'm perfectly fine with as explained before.

8 hours ago, Danger said:

Yeah, that Steve McNair guy was pretty terrible. 

Regardless, their last season in a Chip Kelly offense Kap drastically outplayed Foles with a fraction of the talent. 

Just now, Phire said:

All this is moot anyways. We signed Braman to fill Carson's roster spot. We're rolling with Nick and Nate.

I wouldn't call it moot. Do you honestly expect them to start Nate Sudefeld in the playoffs if Nick goes down? I feel like they'd look in another direction. It's not immediately relevant, sure, but it's not 'moot' either.

5 minutes ago, Danger said:

I wouldn't call it moot. Do you honestly expect them to start Nate Sudefeld in the playoffs if Nick goes down? I feel like they'd look in another direction. It's not immediately relevant, sure, but it's not 'moot' either.

If Nick Foles goes down, yes, Nate Sudfeld is our starter. He's been here all year and knows the intricacies of the offense. The Eagles liked him enough to promote him to the roster when the Colts attempted to steal him off our practice squad. I think they'd be confident in him.

We also would have no choice. QB isn't like RB where you learn the basic terminology and start running plays. If we signed someone off the streets in reaction to Foles getting hurt, Nate is the starter because the other guy wouldn't be anywhere near ready to be the offense's signal caller.

And like others have said, if we lose the starting QB (Wentz) and the immediate backup (Foles) we're screwed anyways. There's no salvaging that situation except hoping Sudfeld is the next Tom Brady.

15 hours ago, Phire said:

If Nick Foles goes down, yes, Nate Sudfeld is our starter. He's been here all year and knows the intricacies of the offense. The Eagles liked him enough to promote him to the roster when the Colts attempted to steal him off our practice squad. I think they'd be confident in him.

We also would have no choice. QB isn't like RB where you learn the basic terminology and start running plays. If we signed someone off the streets in reaction to Foles getting hurt, Nate is the starter because the other guy wouldn't be anywhere near ready to be the offense's signal caller.

And like others have said, if we lose the starting QB (Wentz) and the immediate backup (Foles) we're screwed anyways. There's no salvaging that situation except hoping Sudfeld is the next Tom Brady.

This is why it makes no sense to me what so ever not to sign a QB , right now? Give that QB a month to learn the offense before the Playoffs. If you can waste 2 months making Sudfeld your #3 never being active before week 15, you damn sure better do the same for the most important part of your season, The Playoffs!!!

Don't care who that QB is but at no point given Foles history of getting injured/nicked up Should we be moving forward with 2 QB on the roster one of which not having a single NFL Snap to his name.

8 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

This is why it makes no sense to me what so ever not to sign a QB , right now? Give that QB a month to learn the offense before the Playoffs. If you can waste 2 months making Sudfeld your #3 never being active before week 15, you damn sure better do the same for the most important part of your season, The Playoffs!!!

Don't care who that QB is but at no point given Foles history of getting injured/nicked up Should we be moving forward with 2 QB on the roster one of which not having a single NFL Snap to his name.

The coaching staff liked Nate enough to give him a roster spot when another team tried to sign him off our PS. Obviously, I am not trying to say it would be great to see him play, but maybe they really do like him. We don't know.

8 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

This is why it makes no sense to me what so ever not to sign a QB , right now?

Yeah, the only way to make sense of it is that they trust Sudfeld (STUDfeld) and that they don't think Foles and Sudfeld will both get hurt. If we were gonna sign a QB it needed to happen yesterday. Instead, we signed Braman.

Archived