Commanders hire Adam Peters to be new GM (5 year deal)

4 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

I love DJ!!! I listen to he and Bucky every pod!!! The draft dudes are also amazing at finding players puka is just one of the few Kyle craps endorsed that is another platform I cross reference my notes on when it comes to draft info. Find as many scouts and always double check what they see comped to you. This is a very exciting hire it’s a huge moment for this franchise fanbase and this ownership group

Yeah, I haven’t been this excited since we hired Scot McCloughan 

• Like 2

On 1/14/2024 at 2:39 PM, e16bball said:

Andy Reid vs. Nick Sirianni

Sean McVay vs. Zac Taylor

Bruce Arians vs. Andy Reid

Andy Reid vs. Kyle Shanahan

The last 4 Super Bowls have featured exclusively offensive coaches. With the exception of the Niners (of course), they all featured the pairing of a top offensive mind with a top talent at QB. 

I think that’s where the NFL lives now. I think guys like MacDonald and Vrabel seem like great candidates, but I think they’ll have a hard time maintaining continuity between QB and offensive playcaller .

That is a very valid post.  Can’t really argue against it.  I do think McDonald is the kind of defensive mind who would do well scheming against those top offenses, but I also think he’s learned a lot being in the Ravens organization and he will hire the right OC for what fits them best.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Yeah, I haven’t been this excited since we hired Scot McCloughan 

Look at it this way, this time a top football executive is coming here because they truly want to be here and believe in the ownership, and not because it’s their last chance due to their own off-field issues and doing it with a meddling owner.  

• Like 2

I’m very glad we have our new GM in Adam Peters. Hiring of Eugene Chen and with all the talk of the Analytical way of doing things, it really surprised me that Alec Halaby/Eagles known to be an Analytics Guru never seemed to really ever be in the running. 
Read up on Adam and he doesn’t seem to have any ties to Analytics, maybe Josh got word from people saying screw the Analytics and hire this guy. Whatever it was I’m glad we got Peters.  

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I’m very glad we have our new GM in Adam Peters. Hiring of Eugene Chen and with all the talk of the Analytical way of doing things, it really surprised me that Alec Halaby/Eagles known to be an Analytics Guru never seemed to really ever be in the running. 
Read up on Adam and he doesn’t seem to have any ties to Analytics, maybe Josh got word from people saying screw the Analytics and hire this guy. Whatever it was I’m glad we got Peters.  

Screwing the analytics wouldn’t be smart.  Hopefully it will be a melding and having multiple views/opinions permeating the front office.  

After how well thought out and put together this search for GM has gone, I don’t think Eugene Chen was brought on board as a GM hopeful, and now he’s going to be bypassed and ignored.  

With Chen being in the house though, probably explains why those with that background weren’t really considered for the top spot. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Screwing the analytics wouldn’t be smart.  Hopefully it will be a melding and having multiple views/opinions permeating the front office.  

After how well thought out and put together this search for GM has gone, I don’t think Eugene Chen was brought on board as a GM hopeful, and now he’s going to be bypassed and ignored.  

With Chen being in the house though, probably explains why those with that background weren’t really considered for the top spot. 

I didn’t mean Josh will give up on it altogether but I was just pointing out it didn’t seem to be a major factor in selecting Adam since other candidates especially Alec and Ian follow the Analytical way of doing things. 

11 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I didn’t mean Josh will give up on it altogether but I was just pointing out it didn’t seem to be a major factor in selecting Adam since other candidates especially Alec and Ian follow the Analytical way of doing things. 

Probably because Chen is already in the building, so the need for someone with that background is less.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Man, watching this it makes me realize our helmets look like something a youth football league team would wear. That W looks so bad. Like someone cut it out of yellow electrical tape

That's what happens when the owner's wife gets to play dress up for the entire football team. 

• Like 2