Commanders hire Adam Peters to be new GM (5 year deal)

37 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I think Morris is a great leader, and will have learned a lot since he was a head coach the first time around.  

He also comes from the Jay Gruden, Mike Shanahan/Kyle Shanahan, Jay Gruden and Sean McVay coaching trees.  A lot of great offensive minds have come from there, so I would trust he knows enough from them to make an informed OC hire and let them build out a system.  

I would not be upset if he was chosen over the top 3.  

I like Morris. But if I’m going defense I’m going McDonald because he hasn’t had a Aaron Donald type player at any level and he’s done something special this year with a collection of talent he maximized on all levels

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Mike Macdonald vs Ben Johnson
38-6

Mike Macdonald vs Bobby Slowik
25-9

Mike Macdonald vs Mike McDaniel
56-19

Mike Macdonald vs Kyle Shanahan
33-19

Not a bad resume!

He's a damn good coach. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Mike Macdonald vs Ben Johnson
38-6

Mike Macdonald vs Bobby Slowik
25-9

Mike Macdonald vs Mike McDaniel
56-19

Mike Macdonald vs Kyle Shanahan
33-19

Not a bad resume!

Helps when you have Lamar Jackson on the offense but it is a great record.

4 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

He's a damn good coach. 

I know I always wanted him to be our HC. I just get caught up with the idea it’s better to have an Offensive minded coach for a rookie QB. Of course all you’re hearing is Ben, if that’s the way it goes I just hope it’s right. 
I always wanted a defense like the old ‘85 Bears. 

• Like 1

Just now, ARTMONK HOF said:

I know I always wanted him to be our HC. I just get caught up with the idea it’s better to have an Offensive minded coach for a rookie QB. Of course all you’re hearing is Ben, if that’s the way it goes I just hope it’s right. 
I always wanted a defense like the old ‘85 Bears. 

We had that in 91 and arguably 04 & 05 our D was really dominant but not keeping Ryan Clark, Pierce & Lavar getting hurt plus Sean getting killed lessened the effectiveness of the run of D’s we had by the end of the decade.

https://deadspin.com/washington-commanders-nfl-dan-snyder-ron-rivera-1851169923?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter 

The Washington Commanders are this offseason’s most intriguing team

Of the available head coach openings, the Commanders arguably have the most coveted. It’s as fresh of a start as you’re going to find in the NFL and comes with a reinvigorated fan base eager to re-embrace its team. The expectations are “Be better than Dan Snyder and Ron Rivera.”

That won’t be too difficult of a bar to clear, yet with all the wide-eyed potential, there’s a chance to set a new standard, one hopefully up to the standing of the Washington football team. 

• Like 1

On 1/15/2024 at 9:21 PM, ARTMONK HOF said:

I’m very glad we have our new GM in Adam Peters. Hiring of Eugene Chen and with all the talk of the Analytical way of doing things, it really surprised me that Alec Halaby/Eagles known to be an Analytics Guru never seemed to really ever be in the running. 
Read up on Adam and he doesn’t seem to have any ties to Analytics, maybe Josh got word from people saying screw the Analytics and hire this guy. Whatever it was I’m glad we got Peters.  

This is interesting and hopefully helps assuage your concerns.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

I like Morris. But if I’m going defense I’m going McDonald because he hasn’t had a Aaron Donald type player at any level and he’s done something special this year with a collection of talent he maximized on all levels

I can't get over Morris failing in Tampa and the bad secondary we had in DC when he was here. I get he was devoid of talent but still, I'm not a huge fan of Morris.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I can't get over Morris failing in Tampa and the bad secondary we had in DC when he was here. I get he was devoid of talent but still, I'm not a huge fan of Morris.

He’s not the guy I’d hire I have a list of 3. I’m happy they’re doing the diligence but I am very locked into the 3 young up and comers. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

This is interesting and hopefully helps assuage your concerns.

He and Percy butler were guys I was high on. Somehow the Covid year I watched them live each and every week and I was mentioning them here. But I prefer one cut zone backs. Which is why I’m generally higher on guys like Gibbs and guys like Jerome Ford. I value guys who can set blocks up hit it and go. 

• Like 1

Ben Johnson/Mike Macdonald/Bobby Slowik

Are the only guys I would consider. 

If Mike Macdonald is the choice for HC I could see Jesse Minter being named DC, very good coach, asst for the Ravens. Not wanting to be anywhere near Michigan football with the latest scandal. 
If it’s not MM for HC I still hope they consider Minter for DC. 

Edited by ARTMONK HOF
  • Like 1