Commanders hire Adam Peters to be new GM (5 year deal)

22 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

It looks like a foregone conclusion that Ben Johnson is going to be the HC of this franchise. My hope he is paired with the current Michigan DC Jesse Minter.

Adams/Johnson/Minter, LETS GO!!!

Unless he can't turn down the money Carolina will or might throw at him ! Other incentives like roster say .. Nothing is "forgone"  

30 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

It looks like a foregone conclusion that Ben Johnson is going to be the HC of this franchise. My hope he is paired with the current Michigan DC Jesse Minter.

Adams/Johnson/Minter, LETS GO!!!

I'd imagine he goes wherever Harbaugh goes?

1 hour ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

If he’s willing to put up with Tepper, go for it Ben! 

I mean, Harris can get into a bidding war with Tepper, but do we really want that?  

Also, Ben Johnson has a chance here to build what he wants to build.  He’s got a blank slate.  If he struggles out of the gate, what are his odds in Carolina that he’s shown the door?  Tepper might have a little more patience after dropping the Brinks truck with him, but he’s also got $36 million to pay to Reich.  Whats to say he won’t do it again?  

This is the exact reason why Harris let Rivera finish out the season.  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I mean, Harris can get into a bidding war with Tepper, but do we really want that?  

Also, Ben Johnson has a chance here to build what he wants to build.  He’s got a blank slate.  If he struggles out of the gate, what are his odds in Carolina that he’s shown the door?  Tepper might have a little more patience after dropping the Brinks truck with him, but he’s also got $36 million to pay to Reich.  Whats to say he won’t do it again?  

No. I went Ben Johnson to WANT to come here. I don't want him signing up just because Harris outbid Tepper. If that's the case let Johnson go to Carolina and hire a guy who sounds as excited about being here as Adam Peters does. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Lot of factors and I think money will just be one of them.  I assume money will be similar and I would think these factors would trump money:

1)which team contractually agrees to the requirements he has such as: personnel control, roster control, control over coaching assistants, budget for assistants, etc

2)qb- Is he in love with Bryce Young or would he rather start fresh.

3)if he likes the front office structure and people he has to work with

• Like 2

I guess we will not hear too much in terms if Ben will be our next HC since he has 3 more interviews with the Seahawks, Chargers and Falcons today. We have an interview with Aaron Glenn today and Bobby Slowik tomorrow.

Edited by ARTMONK HOF

4 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I guess we will not hear too much in terms if Ben will be our next HC since he has 3 more interviews with the Seahawks, Chargers and Falcons today. We have an interview with Aaron Glenn today. 

They can start doing in person interviews Monday.  I think the only reason that Pierce was hired as that he was an internal guy, and didn’t need to wait on him.