Commanders hire Adam Peters to be new GM (5 year deal)

3 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

They can start doing in person interviews Monday.  I think the only reason that Pierce was hired as that he was an internal guy, and didn’t need to wait on him.  

You can't if the person is still in the Playoffs? --right ?? I think .

2 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

You can't if the person is still in the Playoffs? --right ?? I think .

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-changes-policy-on-coaching-interviews-with-goal-to-create-a-more-level-playing-field-215748133.html

Either way, they have to wait until after the divisional round.  And if guys are already interviewing virtually, I think we have our answer on what is acceptable versus what isn’t. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-changes-policy-on-coaching-interviews-with-goal-to-create-a-more-level-playing-field-215748133.html

Either way, they have to wait until after the divisional round.  And if guys are already interviewing virtually, I think we have our answer on what is acceptable versus what isn’t. 

texas rangers gallo GIF by MLB

• Like 1

On 1/19/2024 at 10:48 AM, ARTMONK HOF said:

It looks like a foregone conclusion that Ben Johnson is going to be the HC of this franchise. My hope he is paired with the current Michigan DC Jesse Minter.

Adams/Johnson/Minter, LETS GO!!!

Sounds like a law firm! I’ll take it!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Even though I believe the Ravens are a better team than the Texans it will be nice to see M.Macdonald vs B. Slowik, 2 possible HC candidates. 

McDonald did a great job shutting down the Texans offense, but that was Week 1 I believe.  Their offense has drastically changed.  On the flip side, Houston is coming into temps that feel like close to zero tonight.  It’s going to be a bit of a shock for them.  But it should be a good game that a lot of people should be watching. 

• Like 2

I haven’t been this psyched for this team since I first started rooting for them 40+ years ago. 
I really wanted M.Macdonald to be the HC but if it turns out to be B.Johnson or B. Slowik, I’ll be OK with it as long as I approve of the DC. 😀😀

Jesse Minter

Morgan Scalley 

Edited by ARTMONK HOF
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

We better be, it's not his fault the front office traded AJ Brown instead of paying him.

Agree he might be best candidate. Already shown success as HC, did more with less and he is young.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, offbyone said:

Agree he might be best candidate. Already shown success as HC, did more with less and he is young.

My 1st choice is M. Macdonald then Ben but if they went with Vrabel as I’ve said before I wouldn’t hate it. The only past HC I would agree on. 

14 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Ben Standig

The Mike Macdonald-coached Ravens defense today vs. Texans:

* 3 points allowed 
* 0 allowed after 1Q
* 213 total yards allowed
* 10 first downs allowed

Pretty damn good! My 1st choice!

I know he’s a good coach but that defense is loaded. That shouldn’t take away from what he’s done however.