Commanders hire Adam Peters to be new GM (5 year deal)

When the gear isn't being bought with current name on the front, they will start to care. I guarantee, you give the fans a name they can get behind, the merchandise will start flying off the shelves. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Priority One - Make the fans happy! The fans are just wanting to go Crazy on this team but just can't love that name.. I think I intend to stop speaking it . I read 16% want to keep the name 16 % !!! How can it not be important !??

Edited by RSkinGM
  • Like 1

We soooooooo shoulda stayed w/ Washington Football Team . Then we could still have the Spear and/ or the Feathers .. If "they" want to complain about the symbolism- Then so be it .. 

Haven't heard the name "Howlers" . Not sure I like it - Better than the Cs . but could use the wolf logo .

16 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

We soooooooo shoulda stayed w/ Washington Football Team . Then we could still have the Spear and/ or the Feathers ..

I was all for staying WFT. It was different and unique to the big sports in America despite its simplicity. 

If "they" want to complain about the symbolism- Then so be it .. 

Weird phrasing. Don't even wanna ask what you're getting at. 

Haven't heard the name "Howlers" . Not sure I like it - Better than the Cs . but could use the wolf logo .

Meh, not really feeling that either. Plus I just googled it, and .... yeah we don't want that lol.

howl·er

/ˈhoulər/

noun

plural noun: howlers

INFORMAL

a stupid or glaring mistake, especially an amusing one.

"the occasional schoolboy howler would amuse the examiners"

a fruit-eating monkey with a prehensile tail and a loud howling call, native to the forests of tropical America.

3 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I was all for staying WFT. It was different and unique to the big sports in America despite its simplicity. 

Weird phrasing. Don't even wanna ask what you're getting at. 

Meh, not really feeling that either. Plus I just googled it, and .... yeah we don't want that lol.

howl·er

/ˈhoulər/

noun

plural noun: howlers

INFORMAL

a stupid or glaring mistake, especially an amusing one.

"the occasional schoolboy howler would amuse the examiners"

a fruit-eating monkey with a prehensile tail and a loud howling call, native to the forests of tropical America.

O K, Howlers it is !! ahahahha  NOT

"They" being the P C crowd ..

21 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

They have to say this. They have corporate partners (Nike, Fanatics, etc) that they could hurt their businesses if they say they're going to dump the name in a year. They aren't going to tell us they are changing the name until they are really close to changing the name. 

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

They have to say this. They have corporate partners (Nike, Fanatics, etc) that they could hurt their businesses if they say they're going to dump the name in a year. They aren't going to tell us they are changing the name until they are really close to changing the name. 

I hope it does eventually happen, too late this year but hopefully next year. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Agreed & as @ARTMONK HOF said, hopefully it happens next off-season. They had too much stuff going on this off-season to worry about a new brand/name but I hope next off-season they change it.

Edited by turtle28

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/20/2024 at 11:26 AM, Slappy Mc said:

No clue who any of these people are, but let the purge continue. 

New blood for a new era.

It reminds me of the purge from the Orioles after Mike Elias took over.  

Lots of young, talented people coming to this organization for promotions from their current roles.  It is a direct contrast to us hiring retreads who were let go from their previous positions and going back in the ranks.  

• Like 1

On 5/30/2024 at 9:28 PM, turtle28 said:

Agreed & as @ARTMONK HOF said, hopefully it happens next off-season. They had too much stuff going on this off-season to worry about a new brand/name but I hope next off-season they change it.

I cant bring myself to buy a Nike Air Vapor Elite #5 until i know if the name is changing or not...

1 hour ago, Troublez said:

I cant bring myself to buy a Nike Air Vapor Elite #5 until i know if the name is changing or not...

I wouldn’t buy a Nike jersey right now for football after the debacle of the ‘new’ MLB ones

• 4 weeks later...