2024 Wildcard Weekend

So Josh Allen tried giving that game away yesterday against a tissue soft defense with no pass rush… and Tua showed me he can’t be trusted to be anything more than a game manager.

I think the Steelers upset the Bills and we get a Steelers-Ravens divisional round game for all the marbles.

Dolphins should absolutely add Justin Houston to their roster for additional pass rush. Not sure who else is available, but if they can’t find enough rushers, Mahomes with the same rush Allen just faced and no serious threat from Tua should win that game.

The Texans vs the Browns will be interesting. The Browns beat the team without Stroud, but if Stroud continues to look like a top 5 QB, you’ve got to like that teams chances. His tight window throws have been insane. The Texans defense has the benefit of having seen the Browns defense twice as well, so they’ll have the familiarity there. Gun to my head Stroud keeps the magic going and they win with the walk off touchdown in overtime.

Steelers (27) @ Bills (23)
Dolphins (17) @ Chiefs (23)
Browns (20) @ Texans (26)

Buffalo winning last night was good for us. Pretty clear that Miami is cooked at this point, they can't stand tall against physical teams to begin with and now they've lost half their defense. If they eeked out a win it would have essentially locked us into a divisional round date with a 7th seed Buffalo after they beat Miami in the wild card round. I'd much rather play them in the AFC title game when we've (hopefully) put some of the playoff butterflies away already and without Buffalo getting to ride in with big time underdog energy. 

We're going to have to beat good teams to go all the way but no reason to hope for making it harder for ourselves - guaranteeing that we only have to face one of Allen or Mahomes is a win. And if BUF faceplants against Mason Rudolph all the better, but especially with Watt out I don't see it. 

Most likely facing the winner of CLE/HOU -- neither of which are going to be cakewalks obviously, but if this team is serious about things being different this time then neither is a matchup they can't handle. 

Edited by SalvadorsDeli
  • Like 1

I don't care who we face, we're locked in and we should dominate them.

The Bills are playing on house money and if Josh Allen isn't doing everything himself while the other team collapses, they're not an issue.

Dolphins are cooked because of injuries and their pass offense is just throw to Tyreek, but if you make Tua come off his first read they're awful.

Steelers suck.

Chiefs suck

Texans suck

Browns I want no part of.

Our game against the Dolphins is the blueprint for the playoffs and proof of how much this team has evolved. We aren't collapsing or losing confidence when the momentum shifts, we're battle tested and super dangerous right now.

I don't have any grand preference for who we face, but a matchup vs the Texans would probably be the most enjoyable to watch.

9 hours ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

We're going to have to beat good teams to go all the way but no reason to hope for making it harder for ourselves - guaranteeing that we only have to face one of Allen or Mahomes is a win. And if BUF faceplants against Mason Rudolph all the better, but especially with Watt out I don't see it. 

Agreed.

I will say the thing that has me selecting the Steelers even without Watt is they’re getting back Minkah Fitzpatrick and we know he’s a bit of a force multiplier when he’s on the field. We also know Allen is going to continue to turn the ball over… as he seems incapable of playing game manager ball and minimizing mistakes.

We’ve seen Mason Rudolph in terrible conditions play clean and since he’s started we’ve seen him play great game manager football. We know the Steelers can run the football and that the Bills are the 5th worst defense in the NFL in YPC. 

Also the Steelers are a cold weather team and built for the Bills in that aspect. So really I think it could come down to being a dog fight. We’ve seen just how lucky the Steelers can be in those types of games when they keep things close. The Dolphins weren’t the kind of team to punch a squad in the mouth as we saw when they allowed Allen to scramble for that first down on 3rd and like 15 to convert for the 1st down. The Steelers would have used that as an opportunity to pop him and deliver a blow.

But I agree the Bills should absolutely beat Pittsburgh, but the Steelers are the same type of team the Bills have proven to overlook like with the Patriots and Chargers… only the Steelers seem to have a knack for snatching victory from the jaws of defeat.

17 hours ago, NYCRavensFlock said:

Least desirable matchups:

1. Browns

2a. Steelers

2b. Bills

Steelers are my MOST desirable matchup, tbh.

A floundering offense with an overrated defense who acted a fool after beating our backups in wk 17?! Sign me tf up for that.

• Like 2

Yeah give me the Steelers in the divisional and idc beyond that. I’d love to face Flacco and the Browns but I’d prefer we face an elite quarterback on our path forward so the goalpost movers won’t have the ammunition of “well you faced Mason Rudolph and Joe Flacco of course you won.”

If there was a way to face the Steelers and Allen that would’ve been ideal because goalposts movers will excuse beating Mahomes because of his WRs.

Edited by diamondbull424
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Yeah give me the Steelers in the divisional and idc beyond that. I’d love to face Flacco and the Browns but I’d prefer we face an elite quarterback on our path forward so the goalpost movers won’t have the ammunition of “well you faced Mason Rudolph and Joe Flacco of course you won.”

Error: Does not compute

• Like 5

On 1/8/2024 at 12:22 PM, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I don't care who we face, we're locked in and we should dominate them.

The Bills are playing on house money and if Josh Allen isn't doing everything himself while the other team collapses, they're not an issue.

Dolphins are cooked because of injuries and their pass offense is just throw to Tyreek, but if you make Tua come off his first read they're awful.

Steelers suck.

Chiefs suck

Texans suck

Browns I want no part of.

Can't really understand being afraid of the Browns because Flacco beat up on the Case Keenum Texans and Trevor Seimian Jets but claiming the Bills are 'no issue.' Josh Allen is a game wrecker  and their defense has been operating at close to an elite level for the past 6 weeks. They're just as capable of laying an egg and losing to PIT but of all fanbases we should be familiar with an inconsistent team that has come close a bunch of times firing their hated OC midseason, getting hot, and riding that all the way to a Super Bowl. 

Edited by SalvadorsDeli
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

Can't really understand being afraid of the Browns because Flacco beat up on the Case Keenum Texans and Trevor Seimian Jets but claiming the Bills are 'no issue.' Josh Allen is a game wrecker  and their defense has been operating at close to an elite level for the past 6 weeks. They're just as capable of laying an egg and losing to PIT but of all fanbases we should be familiar with an inconsistent team that has come close a bunch of times firing their hated OC midseason, getting hot, and riding that all the way to a Super Bowl. 

It's a combination of Flacco and the Browns having the best defense in the playoffs.

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

It's a combination of Flacco and the Browns having the best defense in the playoffs.

And a power running game that has already been shown to give us problems.

I wouldn't say I'm scared of any team in the playoffs. If the Ravens show up they should definitely be solid favorites against any AFC team. However, I can see the path to a Browns upset as clearly as for any other team in the conference.

I don't know if you all were watching the Browns games, but Joe Flacco is actually playing well. It's not a meme. And he's playing a high variance style that makes him dangerous against a "favorite".

Edited by wackywabbit
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, wackywabbit said:

I wouldn't say im scared of any team in the playoffs.

I don't think they make it out the first round, the defense is not as good as they're home, with flacco they haven't beat a good team, nor should the ravens be worried about them the only reason the browns won is because of the mobility that watson had, if you're going be a statue against this team, you're going to get worn down and beat down, only team that  can matchup well is the chiefs, legit top 10 corners in sneed and mcduffie, interior dominant player, with fast linebackers 

• Like 1