2024 Wildcard Weekend

Flacco being a “statue” doesn’t really matter in Stefanski’s offense because he’s constantly getting the ball out quickly to well schemed-open guys. He’s running boots. He’s hitting quick crossers. It’s him from 2014. I wouldn’t be so sure we’d have a ton of hits and sacks on him. Stefanski would be playing quick ball in the pass game all day in addition to the power run game. We’d most likely rush 3-4 all game and force him to consistently nickel and dime us for 10-12 play drives all game long.

Edited by Ray Reed
  • Like 1

On 1/11/2024 at 3:26 PM, Nobellythrower said:

I don't think they make it out the first round, the defense is not as good as they're home, with flacco they haven't beat a good team, nor should the ravens be worried about them the only reason the browns won is because of the mobility that watson had

Yup 

• Like 5

Lot of folks exaggerated the threat of the Browns because they were too aware of the catastrophic psychic damage/baggage that would have come with going one and done against a Flacco-led Browns team. But he was turning the ball over/throwing up ducks against bad teams during their hot streak too and as we saw last night all it took was a couple of hits to get him back into his classic Captain Checkdown MO. He would have been completely annihilated by our defense. 

Stroud is going to be a big challenge and I don't think this will be a game we'll be able to win without Lamar and the offense bringing their A game, but we also match up extremely well against that defense. Should be a fun game (yes I'm burying the Steelers). 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

Lot of folks exaggerated the threat of the Browns because they were too aware of the catastrophic psychic damage/baggage that would have come with going one and done against a Flacco-led Browns team. But he was turning the ball over/throwing up ducks against bad teams during their hot streak too and as we saw last night all it took was a couple of hits to get him back into his classic Captain Checkdown MO. He would have been completely annihilated by our defense. 

Stroud is going to be a big challenge and I don't think this will be a game we'll be able to win without Lamar and the offense bringing their A game, but we also match up extremely well against that defense. Should be a fun game (yes I'm burying the Steelers). 

Definitely the bold would have been unbearable, particularly from toxic components of our own fanbase.

I also still think the Browns were a high variance opponent, which you don't want to see as a "favorite". That was my logic for preferring to not face them, even though I certainly wouldn't have picked an upset with even odds. Yesterday they had the outcome where the two awful Flacco throws were as costly as possible and the defense had a complete stinker.

Then again I would have said the Texans were not a super high variance opponent because even with Stroud they haven't had that many dominant performances on either side of the ball. Certainly feel differently now.

• Like 1

I think we would blow the Steelers out. Texans will be a tough out but that’s what happens when you’re in the final 4 of the conference, you’re going to play good and/or hot teams. Hopefully the boys bring their A game

7 hours ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

To be fair January Joe should have scared anyone.

5 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

I think we would blow the Steelers out. Texans will be a tough out but that’s what happens when you’re in the final 4 of the conference, you’re going to play good and/or hot teams. Hopefully the boys bring their A game

This about sums it up, you have to beat good teams to win a championship. We've done it before and now it's time to close this thing out.

3 hours ago, santiagomn8 said:

To be fair January Joe should have scared anyone.

The Browns' dysfunction and rot is so dense that it has a gravitational pull, and anything pulled close enough is either inherently awful or becomes so after exposure. January Joe was no exception.

• Like 1