2023 Super Wildcard Weekend Steelers 10-7 Vs. Bills 11-6

8 hours ago, rlon said:

Normally, I would agree. I  think Warren is going to have a bigger game. Warren is not a scat back. He is a one cut downhill and charge runner. When the OL was not opening holes this style of just running downhill helped him gain a few yards at times. He is not easy to tackle and his initial quickness and power should help.^^^^^^

I love Warren, likely my favorite player, but in bad conditions I think they shy away from him and given the apparent ball security issues in the conditions of last game...Do agree with the one cut philosophy in a game like this...but, he looked like a 6 year old holding a football last week, at times....

I definitely think Najee is the bell cow back. I am just thinking that Jalen is looking to rebound from the previous game and his style may help the offense get a few big plays running or receiving and even perhaps a long TD.  I say this in part because he didn't look great last game.

They didn’t HAVE to do it. There have been plenty of bad weather playoff games they didn’t move. Hell the Chiefs game is probably more dangerous for fans. 
I understand the concern but as someone that lives near Buffalo (Montreal) bad snow is a part of life and you know how to navigate it. And it’s not as if the weather on Monday is going to be that much better anyway… just less wind.

2 hours ago, C$! said:

They didn’t HAVE to do it. There have been plenty of bad weather playoff games they didn’t move. Hell the Chiefs game is probably more dangerous for fans. 
I understand the concern but as someone that lives near Buffalo (Montreal) bad snow is a part of life and you know how to navigate it. And it’s not as if the weather on Monday is going to be that much better anyway… just less wind.

Whispers now are that it might be Tuesday…this is football and this game should be played as originally scheduled. Our NY governor is useless….this is football, this isn’t indoor tennis. Play the f-ing game Sunday! They don’t want the playing field evened…Steelers would have a clear advantage in this weather imo.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, August4th said:

Had to do it. sucks for people who have plans for Monday 

and the team that has to play the following week.  This makes it even more favourable for the #1 seed

1 hour ago, rlon said:

Whispers now are that it might be Tuesday…this is football and this game should be played as originally scheduled. Our NY governor is useless….this is football, this isn’t indoor tennis. Play the f-ing game Sunday! They don’t want the playing field evened…Steelers would have a clear advantage in this weather imo.

maybe they should play the game in detroit like they did before? why not?  Or of all places cleveland - close to both teams and still outside

9 hours ago, warfelg said:

Can't blame the Bills for wanting a home game for their fans. It just sucks that there is a postponement.  The weather would turn this into a ground and pound slug-fest which it still may end up being. There are also whispers of moving it to Tuesday. 🫣   Story is on Steelers Depot and it was tweeted by Tim Graham. I hope they let them play. I hated the postponement and changes during the pandemic year.

https://steelersdepot.com/2024/01/report-steelers-bills-game-could-be-moved-to-tuesday/

1 minute ago, Steeler Hitman said:

Can't blame the Bills for wanting a home game for their fans. It just sucks that there is a postponement.  The weather would turn this into a ground and pound slug-fest which it still may end up being. There are also whispers of moving it to Tuesday. 🫣   Story is on Steelers Depot and it was tweeted by Tim Graham. I hope they let them play. I hated the postponement and changes during the pandemic year.

https://steelersdepot.com/2024/01/report-steelers-bills-game-could-be-moved-to-tuesday/

It’s really silly. And to be honest - seeing a half full arrowhead last night with fans unable to leave their houses, beers and waters freezing and exploding in their containers creating some dangerous conditions - while that being the reason for the delay sucks. Especially when you see reports the Sean McDermot was fighting the Governor of NY who was the one requesting it be postponed? Just a bad look for the NFL that a decision on the game was made by someone other than the teams. 

• Like 1

if thjs was moved to atlanta, it would possibly favour the bills. Or would it have? Who does this favour?

6 minutes ago, warfelg said:

It’s really silly. And to be honest - seeing a half full arrowhead last night with fans unable to leave their houses, beers and waters freezing and exploding in their containers creating some dangerous conditions - while that being the reason for the delay sucks. Especially when you see reports the Sean McDermot was fighting the Governor of NY who was the one requesting it be postponed? Just a bad look for the NFL that a decision on the game was made by someone other than the teams. 

if  the NFL went back to a 14 game schedule and started a week earlier,  none of this would ever be a concern unless the very rare time there are these harsh conditions in mid December. 

but we know  when it's the nfl, that player and human safety are first - after profitability and ratings etc

6 minutes ago, warfelg said:

It’s really silly. And to be honest - seeing a half full arrowhead last night with fans unable to leave their houses, beers and waters freezing and exploding in their containers creating some dangerous conditions - while that being the reason for the delay sucks.

I certainly understand the safety aspect for everyone involved. You don't want to see people getting hurt at the expense of a football game.

However, the decision to move he time instead of the location was not motivated by safety. Playing elsewhere would have been safe, but not necessarily $$$ for fans and those who invested in plane tickets, hotels, and the revenue it brings to the area.

Especially when you see reports the Sean McDermot was fighting the Governor of NY who was the one requesting it be postponed? Just a bad look for the NFL that a decision on the game was made by someone other than the teams. 

Can't seem to escape politics. Hopefully she will be eating broken Buffalo wings in the end.