2023 Super Wildcard Weekend Steelers 10-7 Vs. Bills 11-6

33 minutes ago, JustPlainNasty said:

Weather says 15 to 25mph winds, typically 17+mph has a pretty negative effect on passing games.. 

At least Josh Allen has the arm strength to drive it through stiff winds when necessary.    Rudolph doesn't have that.   We better hope the winds are severe enough that both teams need to rely mostly on the run game.

I agree with @warfelg...I don't really expect a blowout.   I mean, it wouldn't shock me, but I expect something like a 19-10 type game.    Although if Allen gets hot and the winds are tamer than expected, it could get ugly.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, 43M said:

At least Josh Allen has the arm strength to drive it through stiff winds when necessary.    Rudolph doesn't have that.   We better hope the winds are severe enough that both teams need to rely mostly on the run game.

I agree with @warfelg...I don't really expect a blowout.   I mean, it wouldn't shock me, but I expect something like a 19-10 type game.    Although if Allen gets hot and the winds are tamer than expected, it could get ugly.

1. Run defense needs to be stout

2. Limit big passing plays

3. Don't let Josh Allen go off

4. Run, run, run and run some more. Need an effective run game. Bengals used this formula last year in a snow game.

5. Take advantage of all positive opportunities given. Bills are the better overall team. As such, the Steelers can't drop INT's, miss fumbles, give the ball away on offense, and get in negative down in distance on offense. Limit penalties and play as solid a game as they can. They can't hurt themselves like they did at times versus the Ravens JV team.  Every possession that they can extend and point that they can get matters.

6. OL and DL have to play their A games. The Bills have kind of dominated both sides of the LOS in recent meetings.

1 hour ago, August4th said:

we've held allen in check in 3 of the 4 games we've played against him. 1-3 tho

we have legit run game and lockdown CB now. It should help and the main part is getting pressure on the pigskin turnover, just a matter of time with him IMO.  Also, if Porter locks down diggs, it's just a matter of time before he whines and allen tried to force passes there

4 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

https://x.com/coachracalto/status/1744729087564984406?s=46&t=qcRuXjH2St1oLeP8Aph7Og

Really hope they keep Rowe in the safety rotation. Kazee makes some splash plays but he’s too hot and cold of a player. Rowe has been steady.

Kazee is a better sub package guy anyway. I hope they stay with the hot hand at SS too.

• Like 2

On 1/8/2024 at 9:40 AM, bigben07MVP said:

Take this with an absolute grain of salt but I saw someone on twitter pointed out Mason took the Steelers out of his IG bio which could point to Kenny being named the starter against the Bills.

If that happens get ready for a riot from Pittsburgh fans. 

On 1/8/2024 at 11:01 AM, MOSteelers56 said:

I can't remember who said it(maybe Hoke) but I remember seeing that Tomlin was going to "ruffle some feathers" if he had to pick a QB for the playoffs. 

https://x.com/mikedupsports1/status/1744767479644143897?s=46&t=xd5QJpZuXv2k7qD0xqd6aA

Maybe those feathers were Kenny’s. 

26 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

And the church said Amen!!!! And it comes from an "NFL Insider" who actually has some credibility. Steelers can't afford to give Josh Allen a short field or when they get a chance to pin them down put the ball in the middle of the end zone or simply punt high to the 22 yard line.

Can-I-Get-Amen-Memes.jpg

• Like 1