2023 Super Wildcard Weekend Steelers 10-7 Vs. Bills 11-6

6 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

Gabe Davis, Taylor Rapp, Rasul Douglas all sat out of practice today. I’ll be monitoring all 3 of these injuries through the next couple days as all would be a significant loss for Buffalo. 

Im not an expert on all things Bills , but reviewing the first half of that Miami game looks like Leonard Floyd and #43 ILB are people we can target in the run game. #25 Dodson appeared to be the much better run defender of the two and then went out with injury, he's the guy Id like to keep tabs on. Looks like just limited with the Shoulder today. 

Also, Allen did not respond well at all in that game to pressure. I know its been pretty much known about him, but it wasn't as if his throws were "risky", they were just reckless and it all happened when there was pressure.  He didn't appear to be interested in staring down any gun barrels or taking any shots.

Miami did a lot of that taking the motion one way and toss it the other etc. on offense.

I'd expect their tight ends are gonna be the way they attack us, along with Allen rumbling and stumbling.  We could really use an appearance from All Pro Cam Heyward, at least at times, and Alex and Elandon to keep contain and their footing. Anything Minkah like will be a bonus. 

Eric Rowe has been "a guy", and I wouldn't be surprised if we got some kind of big contribution from him again. Seems not to get mentioned about all the big game and playoff experience he's had in his career. 2x Superbowl Champion on 3 teams that went to the Superbowl and played last year in the shootout for Miami at Buffalo. 

Edited by JustPlainNasty
  • Like 1

what is the chance they elevate Wing and demote harvin to the PS? Can they do that?

this is good news, I have had enough of harvins lousy punting. Between all the leagues out there, why can't they get a better punter than harvin  other than laziness

Edited by 3rivers

Just now, DR43 said:

The game might be held in Cleveland if the weather is overwhelming.  

I was just coming here to post this. While it would be easier for our fans and it could almost become more of a home game, I’m not sure the bad weather wouldn’t give us a bigger advantage. I’m torn on if we’d be better or worse off 

21 minutes ago, SteelersFan2333 said:

I was just coming here to post this. While it would be easier for our fans and it could almost become more of a home game, I’m not sure the bad weather wouldn’t give us a bigger advantage. I’m torn on if we’d be better or worse off 

Its supposed to be colder in Cleveland and similarly windy. 

Edited by JustPlainNasty

This game may come down to two rather ‘underachieving to date’ NFL backs who were the blue chip, large runners coming out of college in their drafts. I don’t see Warren or Cook being so effective, in terms of what they normally bring to the table, in these conditions. Harris versus Fournette might be the two key players of this game. For the Steelers, that power mentality that has recently developed needs to multiply exponentially to win this game. Rudolph needs to just be efficient and mistake free. On defense, if an Allen pass hits your hands, you have to catch it! He is prone…the defense can’t play soft.

Edited by rlon
  • Like 1