Packers 2024 Opponents

Brat&Beer

On 5/30/2024 at 6:51 AM, Old Guy said:

A lot of marginal to bad quarterbacks killed us when we had Barry. 

This plus Mayfield's only killed us when he's been with TB.  He was awful against us with the Rams and the Browns.

That there proves that the problem has just been a problem with the Bucs in general, not so much a Mayfield problem.

On another note, almost exactly 14 weeks and 5 1/2 hours from now until the season begins.

Man, just so much mix of excitement and nervousness right now.  Definitely going to be a good year, almost no question in my mind about that.  But can we do even better and make it a great year?  That remains to be seen.

6 hours ago, wgbeethree said:

Our secondary should really get battle tested this season. We kinda face a real murders row of WRs. 

The whole League will be full of good receivers.  The modern rules that favor the offense mean a lot of smaller guys can thrive at that position. I hope at least playing on grass in the cold can slow teams like MIA down a bit.  Either way, on paper this is a much tougher schedule than last year. Hopefully we are also a better team than last year. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, wgbeethree said:

Our secondary should really get battle tested this season. We kinda face a real murders row of WRs. 

That matters more if we also face a murderer's row of good quarterbacks. Not sure the latter is true. 

• Like 1

On 6/8/2024 at 9:55 PM, Old Guy said:

That matters more if we also face a murderer's row of good quarterbacks. Not sure the latter is true. 

The list of top QB's is skewed toward the AFC.  GB doesn't have much of a chance to face those guys, and they really only matter if/when GB faces them in the SB.

The top NFC QB's that GB could face in the playoffs goes something like Purdy, Hurts, Prescott, Stafford.  Maybe Goff and Cousins on their good days.  GB is scheduled to play 4 of those 6 QB's in 2024, and I don't see much reason to fear the two (Prescott/Cousins) they won't.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

The list of top QB's is skewed toward the AFC.  GB doesn't have much of a chance to face those guys, and they really only matter if/when GB faces them in the SB.

The top NFC QB's that GB could face in the playoffs goes something like Purdy, Hurts, Prescott, Stafford.  Maybe Goff and Cousins on their good days.  GB is scheduled to play 4 of those 6 QB's in 2024, and I don't see much reason to fear the two (Prescott/Cousins) they won't.

Honestly, I do not fear any of those NFC QBs. NONE! 

• 1 month later...
On 6/8/2024 at 9:55 PM, Old Guy said:

Not to mention, I mean besides Detroit who we always have to deal with, are the WRs we face this year really any more to fear than any previous years?  Other than maybe with Hill and Waddle on the Dolphins, but you already mentioned the QB thing, and right now I'd say Tua's stock is down.

On 6/16/2024 at 11:49 AM, Mazrimiv said:

Stafford… best QB in the NFC, after that there’s good qb’s that are brought up by their surrounding cast, not qb’s that elevate those around them.

10 hours ago, TheGreatZepp said:

Stafford… best QB in the NFC, after that there’s good qb’s that are brought up by their surrounding cast, not qb’s that elevate those around them.

When you put it that way, it's tough for me not to agree Stafford is the top NFC QB; he definitely elevates his supporting cast. I think with Purdy and Hurts (and Love) there's at least a chicken/egg sort of situation, where the supporting cast is uber-talented so it doesn't really NEED to be elevated. 

I'd say Kyler Murray elevates the talent around him as well, even though he's not as consistent as one would like. 

10 hours ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

Not to mention, I mean besides Detroit who we always have to deal with…

It’s almost surreal that this has become a true statement. Even when they sucked we usually managed to have one of our four losses against them and they had one of their four wins against us, but I struggle to process Detroit’s new relevancy. 

3 minutes ago, Uffdaswede said:

It’s almost surreal that this has become a true statement. Even when they sucked we usually managed to have one of our four losses against them and they had one of their four wins against us, but I struggle to process Detroit’s new relevancy. 

Long overdue. 

I'm from the UP so up there GB vs Det was the blood feud, but given all that city has been through since the last time the team was truly good (possibly great) in the 50s, I don't begrudge the Lions some time in the sun. 

Get back to me after they're a pain in our ***** for a couple more years though, I'll probably have them ranked right there with the Vikings in the "f those guys" category. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

Long overdue. 

I'm from the UP so up there GB vs Det was the blood feud, but given all that city has been through since the last time the team was truly good (possibly great) in the 50s, I don't begrudge the Lions some time in the sun. 

Get back to me after they're a pain in our ***** for a couple more years though, I'll probably have them ranked right there with the Vikings in the "f those guys" category. 

It helps when you have a 5 year stretch of drafting in the top 10