Packers 2024 Opponents

Brat&Beer

Home: CHI, MIN, DET ARI HOU SF IND NO MIA

Away: CHI, MIN, DET JAX TEN PHI LAR SEA

10 of 17 opponents had winning records. 4 of those were 9-8.

7 of 17 made playoffs

Opponents were combined 152-137 for a winning pct. of 52.6

Not that what happened last year matters much.

Schedule is 6 division games, AFC South, NFC West, New Orleans, Miami, @Philadelphia

24 minutes ago, Tperk said:

Are we gonna get stuck playing in JAX in week 1 or 2 when its 95 degrees out again?

Might be their London game they usually do that early in the year. Plus, I imagine GB is a big draw over there as well. 

6 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Might be their London game they usually do that early in the year. Plus, I imagine GB is a big draw over there as well. 

It most certainly is. Plenty of people travel to the UK from places like Germany, to catch the game.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive

11 hours ago, Old Guy said:

A few years ago, Jax didn't want to move their home game vs. Packers to London because Packer fans gave them one of their few chances of having a sellout in Jax. Don't know if they're drawing better now that they're winning more. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

A few years ago, Jax didn't want to move their home game vs. Packers to London because Packer fans gave them one of their few chances of having a sellout in Jax. Don't know if they're drawing better now that they're winning more. 

Not a lot better according to this chart. Also, my post should have read, I'd rather play in London as opposed to going to Jacksonville in September where it could by 90+ degrees. No clue if they would send us back there. I'm predicting Love outplays Lawrence in that game. 

Jacksonville Jaguars average attendance 2022 | Statista

On 1/8/2024 at 11:56 AM, Jaire_Island said:

On Paper, it looks like a touch schedule. 

I want a tougher schedule next season.  It's all part of the growth process for this team.  By 2025, the schedule won't matter because GB will be the team that opponents see on their schedule and think...

200.webp?cid=ecf05e47anmok0fycvfzjhn342l

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mazrimiv said:

I want a tougher schedule next season.  It's all part of the growth process for this team.  By 2025, the schedule won't matter because GB will be the team that opponents see on their schedule and think...

I think we are a defensive coordinator away from that being the case next year. 

Jesse Minter please! 

On 1/13/2024 at 6:56 AM, Mazrimiv said:

The AFCS could be a pretty tough draw next year and the NFCW has been anchored by the 9ers but always has at least one other playoff caliber team. I thought we would make the playoffs this year in spite of growing pains mostly because of such a soft schedule and it proved to be true. A good year to get your starting QB real experience but can’t expect so many cupcakes in a given season. Next year the competition will be tougher and so will we. 

• 3 weeks later...

Well, gotta say 2024 is going to be a big and exciting season.  Question now is which games are going to be prime time games for us?  And there are a TONNNN of games on that list that are sharp candidates for a TNF, SNF or MNF matchup.  So the following games:

vs DET (either place), vs Chi (the usual prime time tradition), vs HOU, at Jax, vs SF, at LAR, at SEA, vs NOLA, and vs IND

Those are the 9 games that I'd say are all high end prime time candidates.

Question is will the NFL keep us on our usual 5 prime time slots?  Or will they grant 6?

I'm going to bet that two games that are a lock for Sunday night on the schedule are one game vs DET, and the home game vs SF.  I'd say no way those games are left off the SNF docket.  Between the other three AFC South matchups and other NFC opponents, I'm gonna guess Houston lands our 3rd SNF or MNF slot whichever we get.

Our Thursday night game ... I'd give it 7/10 odds we draw the Bears, 2/10 the game in Jax, and 1/I0 the Miami game here.

And the last MNF slot ... I'm gonna say 50/50 it's our game in Philly.  1/4 chance it's the game in Seattle, and 1/4 chance it's in the LAR house.

On 1/12/2024 at 9:37 PM, Tperk said:

Are we gonna get stuck playing in JAX in week 1 or 2 when its 95 degrees out again?

Nah ... Well if we do, I give it high odds that it'll be the Thursday night game.  I mean, yeah it is more likely we host the Bears for that, but if not, I get this weird feeling that our game in Jax will be the TNF game.

On 1/14/2024 at 11:27 AM, Refugee said:

The AFCS could be a pretty tough draw next year and the NFCW has been anchored by the 9ers but always has at least one other playoff caliber team. I thought we would make the playoffs this year in spite of growing pains mostly because of such a soft schedule and it proved to be true. A good year to get your starting QB real experience but can’t expect so many cupcakes in a given season. Next year the competition will be tougher and so will we. 

I think the 2024 year's schedule works out well for GB's development timeline.  No doubt GB benefited from a softer scheduler in 2023, but the days of needing that kind of help are behind them.  By the end of next season, the narrative of GB needing help from the schedule will be as dead as the narrative of MLF being carried by Rodgers.