Packers 2024 Opponents

Brat&Beer

On 3/4/2024 at 10:54 PM, fattlipp said:

They might lose Ayuik,  he’s gonna want 4/85m

Calvin Ridley just signed for 4/92M, with 50M guaranteed.  There is no way Aiyuk signs for less than that.

I will say the only thing that does give me some concern with this season is the Jones for Jacobs swap.  Maybe I grown a bit attached to our now former RB and just am a bit unwilling to see potential bright spots.  But I just feel like the chances of things going wrong with it are a bit higher than the potential rewards if it goes right.

31 minutes ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

I will say the only thing that does give me some concern with this season is the Jones for Jacobs swap.  Maybe I grown a bit attached to our now former RB and just am a bit unwilling to see potential bright spots.  But I just feel like the chances of things going wrong with it are a bit higher than the potential rewards if it goes right.

Jones missed 6 games last year, while still splitting reps with Dillon, and now he's another year older. Production starts with availability. If you had to put money on Jacobs or Jones playing more games this season, I'd assume you'd pick Jacobs, as any reasonable person would. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Jones missed 6 games last year, while still splitting reps with Dillon, and now he's another year older. Production starts with availability. If you had to put money on Jacobs or Jones playing more games this season, I'd assume you'd pick Jacobs, as any reasonable person would. 

My man.  My feelings towards Jones are not "reasonable".  He was a very special player or us and it hurt like heck to see him gone.   

We did the right thing, but it still hurts.  Not as much as jumping on a bicycle missing it's seat, but it hurts none-the-less.

6 hours ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

Yeah never count any chickens before they hatch against either SF or TB.  But in SF's case, I just can't help feeling their Superbowl window may be closing pretty soon, if it hasn't already.

Plus yeah, 5 in a row is no joke, but streaks like that only last for so long before they end.  In most of our past meetings lately, except for 1 I always felt like we were coming in below the needed talent level to take them out.  I feel like we might just about have it now.

i don't think they're going anywhere, even when they pay Purdy. Purdy is a good QB, and they'll always have one of the most efficient offenses in the league as long as Shanahan is there

but yes, their best chances are Purdy on his rookie contract, 2022/2023/2024, so they've got one more shot with this stacked roster they have 

2 hours ago, persiandud said:

i don't think they're going anywhere, even when they pay Purdy. Purdy is a good QB, and they'll always have one of the most efficient offenses in the league as long as Shanahan is there

but yes, their best chances are Purdy on his rookie contract, 2022/2023/2024, so they've got one more shot with this stacked roster they have 

This is probably their last year/open window.  Got to pay the QB and more of their top players will be wanting more dollars.  That rookie qb contract only gets you some much time and they've peed away a couple years of it already.  It's going to be do it this year or the chances go down considerably down the road.

1 hour ago, coachbuns said:

This is probably their last year/open window.  Got to pay the QB and more of their top players will be wanting more dollars.  That rookie qb contract only gets you some much time and they've peed away a couple years of it already.  It's going to be do it this year or the chances go down considerably down the road.

sure, but their window doesn't go away when Purdy gets paid. they'll still be an elite team

do you think the Packers window goes away when we pay Love? SF and GB will be 2 of the top teams in the conference for the foreseeable future 

but yes, this 2024 season is their last "best" chance 

On 2/27/2024 at 9:47 PM, persiandud said:

the Niners are bringing back virtually the same roster this season, because of Purdy's rookie contract. it's 2025 when they'll have to prune some of their good players and Purdy will have to be paid. they are still the best NFC team and the best overall roster in football going into 2024

Not having Greenlaw, Armstead and Chase Young is gonna hurt

Also CMC, Kittle and Trent Williams are all a year older with more wear and tear. I'd be surprised if they were as healthy as were on offense this year. 

17 minutes ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

Not having Greenlaw, Armstead and Chase Young is gonna hurt

Also CMC, Kittle and Trent Williams are all a year older with more wear and tear. I'd be surprised if they were as healthy as were on offense this year. 

Greenlaw and Armstead will be a blow to their run defense, but they'll still have a top defense overall 

their talent across the board is simply better than ours. so what if they're older? they have hall of fame talent....

they are the class of the conference until i see otherwise , and i don't think they're going anywhere 

11 hours ago, persiandud said:

Greenlaw and Armstead will be a blow to their run defense, but they'll still have a top defense overall 

their talent across the board is simply better than ours. so what if they're older? they have hall of fame talent....

they are the class of the conference until i see otherwise , and i don't think they're going anywhere 

There isn't enough money to go around .. period.  A team can't stay elite without draft choices/young talent.  49ers peed away a ton of choices just a couple years ago looking for their qb.  They aren't the class of the conference maybe even this year .. Detroit and Packers gave them all they could handle last year.  I'll take the Packers, Detroit and maybe even more teams over them maybe even this year and for sure down the road. 

12 hours ago, coachbuns said:

There isn't enough money to go around .. period.  A team can't stay elite without draft choices/young talent.  49ers peed away a ton of choices just a couple years ago looking for their qb.  They aren't the class of the conference maybe even this year .. Detroit and Packers gave them all they could handle last year.  I'll take the Packers, Detroit and maybe even more teams over them maybe even this year and for sure down the road. 

laughably bad take LOL 

1 hour ago, persiandud said:

laughably bad take LOL 

It’s OK to disagree with someone without being intentionally abrasive. I think the 9ers will continue to be good and overall are well coached, well run and talented. At the same time, they are paying players top of the market contracts who are not getting younger and it’s only possible to keep so many because of the 7th round rookie contract at QB. They have one more year of that but will need to cut some vets after that. Armstead will be a big loss and a hefty cap hit this year. Next year it could be Kittle or Deebo or an aging Trent Williams.

I won’t say I’m predicting their demise but they are nearing an end of a window and will have to retool. I could see them slipping this year if good health isn’t on their side the way it has been most of the past two seasons. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Refugee said:

It’s OK to disagree with someone without being intentionally abrasive. I think the 9ers will continue to be good and overall are well coached, well run and talented. At the same time, they are paying players top of the market contracts who are not getting younger and it’s only possible to keep so many because of the 7th round rookie contract at QB. They have one more year of that but will need to cut some vets after that. Armstead will be a big loss and a hefty cap hit this year. Next year it could be Kittle or Deebo or an aging Trent Williams.

I won’t say I’m predicting their demise but they are nearing an end of a window and will have to retool. I could see them slipping this year if good health isn’t on their side the way it has been most of the past two seasons. 

no. some takes are abhorrent and deserve ridicule, that was one of them. you gave a sensible opinion but stopped short of saying they're cooked, that guy straight up said they're done and finished. imagine thinking the team that has been to 2 SBs in 4 years, leads the league in EPA and YAC every year and has arguably the most complete roster in football is going to fall off a cliff. that dude needs to come back down to earth and moving forward I won't trust anything they say

that team is not going anywhere even when they pay Brock Purdy, same as we're not going anywhere when we pay Jordan Love. will they lose some players? sure, but they'll retool. we're going to lose some players too, we can't pay everybody. that's the nature of the business

some of the opinions in here regarding the Niners are disrespectful, and believe me I hate them more than any other team (I live in Cali and I loath their fanbase) but they're going to be a problem as long as Shanahan and Purdy are there. they have 2 valuable components to sustained success, the head coach and the QB

I hate to admit it but they're our daddy until we beat them in the postseason and get the monkey off our back. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, persiandud said:

laughably bad take LOL 

LOL .. On your part .. you like them to carry on as the NFC's best .. to each their own.  I like the Packers chances better overall for the next 5 years than them.

3 hours ago, persiandud said:

no. some takes are abhorrent and deserve ridicule, that was one of them. you gave a sensible opinion but stopped short of saying they're cooked, that guy straight up said they're done and finished. imagine thinking the team that has been to 2 SBs in 4 years, leads the league in EPA and YAC every year and has arguably the most complete roster in football is going to fall off a cliff. that dude needs to come back down to earth and moving forward I won't trust anything they say

that team is not going anywhere even when they pay Brock Purdy, same as we're not going anywhere when we pay Jordan Love. will they lose some players? sure, but they'll retool. we're going to lose some players too, we can't pay everybody. that's the nature of the business

some of the opinions in here regarding the Niners are disrespectful, and believe me I hate them more than any other team (I live in Cali and I loath their fanbase) but they're going to be a problem as long as Shanahan and Purdy are there. they have 2 valuable components to sustained success, the head coach and the QB

I hate to admit it but they're our daddy until we beat them in the postseason and get the monkey off our back. 

LOL .. abhorrent?  I didn't say they were cooked or done and finished, that's your take.  I said their super bowl window was coming in the next year or two and then it wasn't going to look as good due to salary cap constraints, losing quality players, etc .  What they've done and haven't gotten done to win a Super bowl is nice but doesn't mean squat for what's coming in the next few years.  Disrespectful - LOL .. not talking about you, your family .. it's like you consider them family .. Take a chill pill ... "dude".

Edited by coachbuns
  • Like 3