Playoffs! Rd. 1 -Green Bay at Dallas- House Money Game

Refugee

2 minutes ago, mikebpackfan said:

I have been only paying to PFF when someone posts it here after the game.  It’s so obvious that they overrate single plays.  If someone gets a pick that bounces off two other guys first and lands in his hands, he is suddenly the highest rated defender that week.  It’s just dumb. 

I swear the PFF grading system is something static like fantasy football.  Score a TD=10 points.  Make a catch=2 pts, YPC > 10 = 5 pts, Long TD bonus=5 pts, etc..  Very little context beyond that.

15 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I just don't get how what Musgrave did in the game landed him a 93.  The TD was gift wrapped by MLF.  Maybe he was pancaking some fools in the running game, and I haven't seen it yet.

I thought somebody posted the snap count by each player and he didn't play many snaps. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I just don't get how what Musgrave did in the game landed him a 93.  The TD was gift wrapped by MLF.  Maybe he was pancaking some fools in the running game, and I haven't seen it yet.

The sideline catch on that high ball by Love was one of the more underrated plays of the game IMO. Kept that drive alive. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I know of at least two catches, one for a 1st and the other a TD obviously. 

I get that he was productive when he played, but a 93 score implies he was playing at an elite level.  He wasn't.  He had three catches, and one was a gift wrapped TD where all he had to do was not screw it up.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

The sideline catch on that high ball by Love was one of the more underrated plays of the game IMO. Kept that drive alive. 

When Love first let that throw go, I let out an F-bomb because I thought he air-mailed it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

I get that he was productive when he played, but a 93 score implies he was playing at an elite level.  He wasn't.  He had three catches, and one was a gift wrapped TD where all he had to do was not screw it up.

3 catches for 52 yards and a TD in 15 snaps is elite efficiency/production even if the TD was a gimme. If he ran any other routes and got open, that's a lot of good in 15 snaps.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mox said:

3 catches for 52 yards and a TD in 15 snaps is elite efficiency/production even if the TD was a gimme. If he ran any other routes and got open, that's a lot of good in 15 snaps.

Yep he ran 8 routes. For context, if he ran 40 routes it's the equivalent to a 15 catch, 5 TD, 260 yard game.

IMO, PFF makes more sense in season-long sample sizes for this reason.