Super Wildcard Weekend GDT: Steelers (7) at Bills (2) Sunday at 1:00pm.

Trentwannabe

Buffalo Bills 38, Pittsburgh Steelers 3: Final score, recap, highlights

Steelers at Bills:

The Last 5:

Date Visitor     Home   Result Box Score
10/09/2022 Pittsburgh Steelers 3 @ Buffalo Bills 38 W Box
09/12/2021 Pittsburgh Steelers 23 @ Buffalo Bills 16 L Box
12/13/2020 Pittsburgh Steelers 15 @ Buffalo Bills 26 W Box
12/15/2019 Buffalo Bills 17 @ Pittsburgh Steelers 10 W Box
12/11/2016 Pittsburgh Steelers 27 @ Buffalo Bills 20 L Box

Bills Injury Report:

Coming..

Steelers Injury Report:

Coming..

Quick Synopsis:

A snowy home playoff game in January. What more could you ask for? This season has been a rollercoaster with losses to teams we have no business losing to, but then rallying off 5 straight wins to steal the AFC East crown for a 4th straight season.

Rudolph is coming to town with a scrappy Steelers team that looked dead in the water a few weeks ago. Mike Tomlin often has his team ready to go and they know a win secures them a trip to Baltimore next week. Buffalo can't take them lightly.

Will we get playoff Allen? Does the OL and the run game get going again? Buffalo's defense has been smothering teams lately and arguably playing the best they ever have in the McDermott era. Getting pressure early and often on Rudolph will be key. 

I'll be at this game and I think all 3 phases continue to show up and make plays.

Bills 27
Steelers 19.

Bills 27-Steelers 17. 

I like this match up alot and I would predict a bigger win but lately we've been playing "down" to our competition. 

Rudolph has been playing better but he still started the season as a 3rd string QB and typically McDermott at home has a great gameplan vs not good QBs.

Then on the other side of the ball they will be without TJ Watt and potentially Fitzpatrick which is great news for our offense. 

• Like 1

3rd straight year I am making the 7.5 hour one way trek to Buffalo to freeze my butt off and see a Bills win.

If Stevie Johnson is not the Buffalo Bill legend of the game to get the crowd pumped up, they are missing an opportunity.

Go Bills!

4 hours ago, Maxmw22 said:

3rd straight year I am making the 7.5 hour one way trek to Buffalo to freeze my butt off and see a Bills win.

If Stevie Johnson is not the Buffalo Bill legend of the game to get the crowd pumped up, they are missing an opportunity.

Go Bills!

Safe travels man! Looks like Saturday, Sunday and Monday could be some snowy conditions.

Can we take a moment to cherish the fact we've had home playoff games 4 years in a row now. This year we may have two home playoff games for the second year in a row. A SB is the holy grail, but this team has still been wildly successful. Winning the division 4 years in a row is no easy feat.

As for the game, who knows which offense shows up? I think Allen and co were so close to completely blowing out the Dolphins, but costly mistakes made the game close than it should have been, which is a trend I do not like. Kurt Warner said he wants to see Allen play in the pocket more, and I have to agree. He bails the pocket to improvise a bit too often. His improvision is obviously elite, but if he can hold in the pocket and take what's in front of his face more consistently, then the offense will be better off. If he ever figures this out, then watch out!

Defensively, I think we'll hold the Steelers to under 20 pts. Stack the box, and make Rudolph have to win the game with his arm. Pitt is going to try to control the clock. They want to get Allen antsy and turning the ball over. 

If the offense can play a relatively clean game, then we should win by 2 scores. If they struggle, then it's going to be close. If Allen goes god mode, then blowout! I feel like I say this every week, haha. 

I think the Bills will get back to being the Bills. Rallying at the end of the year to steal the division had to be uplifting for this team. If you feel good, you play good. We made it through some tough times and still won the division and locked up a 2 seed... now we gotta take advantage of it and use it to make a run. Forget all the stuff that happened beginning and middle of the season. Its a new season now and we ended up right were we should have been. Take it one game at a time.. we have shown we can beat any team in the NFL even when we arent playing our best.

Also this weekend id love to see Linival Jospeh and Daquon Jones both suit up together. We have sat Linival since Jones returned. But with this matchup we will need to get physical and stout up the middle against Najee and the Steelers. Especially if the weather is bad. I think that combination will give us great shot at stopping their offense

Edited by Kmart128

1 hour ago, Kmart128 said:

Also this weekend id love to see Linival Jospeh and Daquon Jones both suit up together. We have sat Linival since Jones returned. But with this matchup we will need to get physical and stout up the middle against Najee and the Steelers. Especially if the weather is bad. I think that combination will give us great shot at stopping their offense

Just out of curiosity who would you move to inactive? For me it would probably be Poona because Settle is more versatile and plays more special teams.

5 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Bills are banged up today:

Not practicing will be: Taylor Rapp, Rasul Douglas, Tyrell Dodson and Gabe Davis

Limited: Dion Dawkins and Ty Johnson

Vet Rest: Leonard Floyd and Von Miller. 

Saw that. At least the positive news is McDermott said they are all day-to-day which means Douglas and Gabe Davis didn't suffer anything substantial that'll keep them out of the playoffs. 

I think we can get by without Douglas this week but Gabe Davis would be a big asset as he's a great run blocker and the weather looks windy on Sunday. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, The BILLievers said:

Saw that. At least the positive news is McDermott said they are all day-to-day which means Douglas and Gabe Davis didn't suffer anything substantial that'll keep them out of the playoffs. 

I think we can get by without Douglas this week but Gabe Davis would be a big asset as he's a great run blocker and the weather looks windy on Sunday. 

Davis has a PCL strain I'd say there's a 0% chance he plays, regardless I kinda don't want him to play. He clearly has major communication issues with Josh and Shakir gives us a better chance to win.

5 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Davis has a PCL strain I'd say there's a 0% chance he plays, regardless I kinda don't want him to play. He clearly has major communication issues with Josh and Shakir gives us a better chance to win.

Shakir isn't playing on the outside to replace Gabe though. Can't deny his blocking presence and his ability to go off at times, even if they are few and far between. His ceiling is much higher than Sherrfield.