2024 Titans HC Coaching Search

KingTitan

10 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Really not one guy I'm totally fine with. Each one gives me some reservation. 

Just hope it's the right guy. 

Kinda where I'm at, too

For convo's sake...let's say it's between Glenn and Slowik

I think Glenn is more ready to be a HC and would be a stronger CEO coach than Slowik (unless he wants to be playcalling the defense, but I think he'd take on more CEO)

Slowik is a wonderkid who could probably get us lighting up the scoreboard, but probably isn't ready yet to be a head coach. Is Bobby Slowik going to outcoach Andy Reid or John Harbaugh in January? Same question could be asked about Glenn, of course, but sometimes experience is experience.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Kinda where I'm at, too

For convo's sake...let's say it's between Glenn and Slowik

I think Glenn is more ready to be a HC and would be a stronger CEO coach than Slowik (unless he wants to be playcalling the defense, but I think he'd take on more CEO)

Slowik is a wonderkid who could probably get us lighting up the scoreboard, but probably isn't ready yet to be a head coach. Is Bobby Slowik going to outcoach Andy Reid or John Harbaugh in January? Same question could be asked about Glenn, of course, but sometimes experience is experience.

Yeah I can see Slowik not knowing something like (making it up) he could challenge the call of the up man being offsides. Something like that. 

Just the flow of the game. I can see us walking away saying Slowik lost us that game ( like Brandon Stanley used too). 

With Glenn, I don't see that. But I don't see a clear consistent path to victory with him either. I can't imagine where I say , man Aaron Glenn got us that win!  

Ugh.

I hope Levis is great. That's all it boils down to. If not then we'll be right back here in about 2 and half years. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

Again really wild to me to see 5 out 8 playoff teams left are defensive HCs. 

I don't know the connection or how that makes sense I'm today's NFL. 

Defensive guys luck into the best QBs? 

They have great OCs or elite QBs. It's not hard to figure that out.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Again really wild to me to see 5 out 8 playoff teams left are defensive HCs. 

I don't know the connection or how that makes sense I'm today's NFL. 

Defensive guys luck into the best QBs? 

this isn't correct. there are 3 defensive HCs left (bowles, mcdermott, ryans), 1 ST (harbaugh), and 4 offense (lafleur, shanahan, campbell, reid).

Edited by -Hope-

10 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

They have great OCs or elite QBs. It's not hard to figure that out.

But why?

If offense is the wave and you MUST hire OC's to be your head coach, how did these HC's field top offenses or good teams?

Harbugh is constantly in the playoffs. Picked Lamar. Constantly adjusting his offense to fit personnel. (Not OC but Special teams). 

Campbell traded for Goff hired Johnson and set in motion what he wants in an offense. ( He was offensive side originally).

Ryans same. Picked Stroud. Wanted Slowik. Interviewed Kingsbury. 

McDermott picked Josh Allen. Set in motion an offense that is hard to stop. Trading for Diggs. Etc. 

Real question. Would any of us want them as a Head Coach? 

Edited by KingTitan

4 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

this isn't correct. there are 3 defensive HCs left (bowles, mcdermott, ryans), 1 ST (harbaugh), and 4 offense (lafleur, shanahan, campbell, reid).

I forgot Campbell was on offensive side. Correct. Lol.

Everything about him seems defensive lol 

Harbugh I slot as non offense. But I feel he leans defensive side. 

But yes. Not defensive. But not an OC. 

Edited by KingTitan

There’s no perfect candidate, it’s all a guessing game. Just because they’re a good OC doesn’t mean they’ll be a good HC. It’s all about the staff and if he’s able to command the room and make the big decisions in key situations.

Everybody we are interviewing is goin to be new to HC except Quinn and he was terrible once he lost his OC.

We all want the offensive wiz who can dial up a decent play but that doesn’t always guarantee success. Just gotta trust the process

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, 615finest said:

There’s no perfect candidate, it’s all a guessing game. Just because they’re a good OC doesn’t mean they’ll be a good HC. It’s all about the staff and if he’s able to command the room and make the big decisions in key situations.

Everybody we are interviewing is goin to be new to HC except Quinn and he was terrible once he lost his OC.

We all want the offensive wiz who can dial up a decent play but that doesn’t always guarantee success. Just gotta trust the process

It's all a crapshoot.

I'm trying not to hate any of the prospects so I can try to enjoy next season lol 

But Quinn will not go well with me at all. 

Hiring a OC I think gives the best chance and long term sustainable success. 

Hiring the best guy who might be a DC has a high chance to change things around quicker. 

Edited by KingTitan

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

It's all a crapshoot.

I'm trying not to hate any of the prospects so I can try to enjoy next season lol 

But Quinn will not go well with me at all. 

Hiring a OC I think gives the best chance and long term sustainable success. 

Hiring the best guy who might be a DC has a high chance to change things around quicker. 

Yea I want nothing to do with Quinn and I do want offensive guy myself but like you I’m trying to make myself kind of like guys we’re interviewing.

I really feel like we’re going to go in a direction nobody is expecting lol. Twitter will explode when we hire Thomas Brown lmao.. he really just seems like a guy ran will like in the interview process 

I don't hate Glenn(have no reason to), but I'm just gonna be really stumped if we let a guy like Vrabel go just to hire someone we hope is as good as he was. Especially when you factor in that Vrabel has OC connections of either keeping Tim Kelly, bringing Art back, or hiring from the McVay/Shanahan tree again if we wanted to switch from Tim Kelly.

I get the report of "Vrabel wanted control and wasn't flexible", but I also heard nothing but "Vrabel wants to coach New England, Vrabel to New England is practically a done deal" and that turned out to be completely horse crap.

I'm seriously concerned we just fired a top 10 coach in this league for no good reason what so ever, only to hope Glenn can match him or a guy like Callahan or Slowik aren't too inexperienced.

Almost have to hope the "total control" report is true to justify it.