2024 Titans HC Coaching Search

KingTitan

I know Thomas Brown has a lot of stink on him.

But prior to last year his hiring was viewed as a major move. The Carolina staff as a whole was said to be a super staff. 

I need to dig deeper to find a comparison. 

But think of that Washington staff. They had some failures due to the RG3 drama and synder drama. 

Thomas Brown may not be terrible as some think. Digging in the crates about him, he is everything I think most fans would want. 

David Shaw is highly respected, said to have a great mind and is also said to be a great leader. Having said that, I want nothing to do with his 1990’s smashmouth offense. Wouldn’t want him as a playcalling head coach or OC calling plays.

22 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I know Thomas Brown has a lot of stink on him.

But prior to last year his hiring was viewed as a major move. The Carolina staff as a whole was said to be a super staff. 

I need to dig deeper to find a comparison. 

But think of that Washington staff. They had some failures due to the RG3 drama and synder drama. 

Thomas Brown may not be terrible as some think. Digging in the crates about him, he is everything I think most fans would want. 

He's my number 3. IDK if I'd be "pumped" to hire him, but I can see it. I really can.

Carolina is a joke of an organization right now. I can't hold too much against anyone in that building...player or coach...after last year.

i'm predisposed to be nervous about thomas brown because he was miami's OC under mark richt, and the offense in richt's final year was uh....rough. to be fair to him, that was another less-than-ideal situation. it was richt's offense and richt was calling the plays, and it was later revealed that in his final year richt had begun to exhibit parkinson's symptoms and things were kind of a mess with him, poor guy. 

• Like 1

As a Stanford fan, I've always loved David Shaw. He was on my dream list of candidates for us for several years. He's a great coach and culture builder. I totally see why we're looking into him, and I'm happy we are. The Titans FO of the past would've never stepped outside the box to interview him so it's a nice change. His offense is a little bit more conservative than I like in today's game, but he also didn't really have any guys with cannons like Levis at Stanford outside of Luck on the front end of his tenure there. I think he's smart enough to realize that in today's game with a QB like Levis you need to be more aggressive in the passing game. He always had a good OLine/run game, and I've always thought he'd be a great NFL head coach as a whole. 

I think he should've hit the NFL when he was still a "hot" name coming off of several Pac 12 Championships and Rose Bowl wins. I appreciated the loyalty though.

Misses in recruiting ultimately tanked him his last two years, and the recruiting grind burned him out. I think he'd be much better suited in the NFL where recruiting isn't an issue. I'd also imagine Ran knows him from his San Fran days and Stanford being right up the road from San Fran's headquarters. I'll be interested to see how things pan out with him.

• Like 1

Just now, KingTitan said:

Good for the Raiders. 

Like this hire for them. We can argue offensive/defensive HC until we're blue in the face. But at the end of the day...they have an adult in the room and running the team.

• Like 1

Just now, deeluxx3 said:

Like this hire for them. We can argue offensive/defensive HC until we're blue in the face. But at the end of the day...they have an adult in the room and running the team.

Best fit for them. 

You gotta hire the right guy. No matter what. 

i just don't get the love for brown at all. don't hate him, but he's a total unknown. there's nothing in his resume that screams "head coach material" to me- really less than any other candidate except brian johnson.

Just now, -Hope- said:

i just don't get the love for brown at all. don't hate him, but he's a total unknown. there's nothing in his resume that screams "head coach material" to me- really less than any other candidate except brian johnson.

From the videos I’ve seen he has that leader mentality to me. I can see why guys like him and would want to play for him.

Plus he’s a Bulldog and he gets my support for that alone 😂 #DGD #GoDawgs

• Like 1

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

He has about 3 years under McVay who thought enough of him to make him asst. Head coach.

Videos shows him really carry himself well. 

A lot of tweets and thoughts about him says that he knows football and knows his stuff. 

Knows how to lead. 

Says that the whole Panthers experience was a result of environment opposed to his ability. 

Timing is everything in the league I believe. If this was last year, people would have called this a favorite candidate. 

Just going back and looking at some of our wishlist in former searches. A lot of hot names opposed to the right names. 

Vrabel was seen as one of the bottom hires that year and he ended up being the best of his class I think. 

Dunno. I almost feel like Ramon Foster. The fanbase needs to hate the hire lol. If we hire someone everyone likes it most likely is the wrong one lol