New Coordinators

Louis Friend

2024 SCHEDULE VS NEW HC'S

It looks like we are only going to see two new HC's: Seattle (TBD) and Tennesse's Callahan

We have a few games against teams that have coaches on the hot seat: Chicago, Jacksonville, Tampa Bay, Buffalo, Arizona and Dallas. 

Surface level projections - 11-6 with a shot at winning the NFC North again. 

HOME (8-1)

1. CHI
  2. GB
  3. MIN
  4. LAR
  5. SEA - TBD
  6. JAC
  7. TEN - Callahan
  8. TB
  9. BUF - L

AWAY (3-5)

1. CHI - W
  2. GB
  3. MIN
  4. ARI - W
  5. HOU
  6. IND
  7. SF
  8. DAL - W

On 1/9/2024 at 8:31 PM, detfan782004 said:

DC

Weaver - Ravens

Frazier - formerly Buf 

College route

Minter- Um 

Well Minter is following Harbaugh officially so can take him off list.

Chargers should have a great defense in couple years 

Just now, detfan782004 said:

He should be fired after this performance. 

SF is a really good team and he did an incredible job in the 1st half. AG and the defense didn't fumble the ball or not convert twice on 4th down. I feel like he is less responsible in a way. He's got scrubs like Vildor playing key starting roles. The defense needs an injection of talent in a big way. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

SF is a really good team and he did an incredible job in the 1st half. AG and the defense didn't fumble the ball or not convert twice on 4th down. I feel like he is less responsible in a way. He's got scrubs like Vildor playing key starting roles. The defense needs an injection of talent in a big way. 

Vildor seems like he's constantly about an inch away from making huge plays all the time, but they always backfire into huge plays for the offense... like the facemask doink into Aiyuk's hands. Atwell's TD in the Rams game was another perfect example.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, nagahide13 said:

Vildor seems like he's constantly about an inch away from making huge plays all the time, but they always backfire into huge plays for the offense... like the facemask doink into Aiyuk's hands. Atwell's TD in the Rams game was another perfect example.

Reminds me of Jerry Jacobs and Alex Anzalone, always near a play but most of the time misses. 

• Like 2

Folks are talking a lot about Ben Johnson taking a HC but after going through most of the season with persistent issues in the 3rd quarter, it seems like he may not be quite ready to be a HC.  He is a play-calling genius but sometimes, he out-smarts himself in very obvious ways.  I know a lot of owners want the young HC candidate but if I am hiring a HC I want to hire someone is clearly ready for the job.  I don't know if Ben Johnson has reached that point yet.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

Folks are talking a lot about Ben Johnson taking a HC but after going through most of the season with persistent issues in the 3rd quarter, it seems like he may not be quite ready to be a HC.  He is a play-calling genius but sometimes, he out-smarts himself in very obvious ways.  I know a lot of owners want the young HC candidate but if I am hiring a HC I want to hire someone is clearly ready for the job.  I don't know if Ben Johnson has reached that point yet.

Spot on. Spot on. I've been saying it for weeks losing him would not be all that bad. Do I want to lose him? No. Is it end of world? No.

If I was Washington I would be scared after watching him abandon what was winning that ball game last night and getting cute 

On 1/9/2024 at 8:01 PM, detfan782004 said:

OC 

I would look at following guys:

Joe Brady - Buf

Mike Bobo- GA - this guy reminds me of Ben a but from presnap movements 

Internally:

Antwan Randle El 

Looks like Antwan Randle El moving to OC rumors are heating up. 

now that TB interviewed him Detroit will have to make a tough choice 

On 1/29/2024 at 11:16 AM, Just Want A Title said:

I don't think his play calling is what would get him the job to be honest.  I think its his leadership abilities and creative mind that intrigue others.  If you look at any other candidate for one of these jobs, they have flaws too.  They all have "outsmarted themselves" or made the wrong call at the wrong time.  But its the learning under DC (his analytics and aggressive approach are being sought after) and learning from Dan how to get guys to rally around you.  Its the same reason AG is getting interviews when his D's have never even been top 20 in the league.  

1 minute ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I don't think his play calling is what would get him the job to be honest.  I think its his leadership abilities and creative mind that intrigue others.  If you look at any other candidate for one of these jobs, they have flaws too.  They all have "outsmarted themselves" or made the wrong call at the wrong time.  But its the learning under DC (his analytics and aggressive approach are being sought after) and learning from Dan how to get guys to rally around you.  Its the same reason AG is getting interviews when his D's have never even been top 20 in the league.  

Rumors heating up Ben may go to Sea. I think between Sea and Was he gets one of gigs. 

Washington interviewing Glenn today too so maybe they take that mess off Detroit hands and Ben stays for another job next year 

19 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

Rumors heating up Ben may go to Sea. I think between Sea and Was he gets one of gigs. 

Washington interviewing Glenn today too so maybe they take that mess off Detroit hands and Ben stays for another job next year 

I think Glenn is more about understanding the Lions team culture. The Commanders are a team that has been a hot mess for a long time and they want to rebuild their organizational and team culture. Talking to someone like AG, finding out what makes him tick and how he has contributed to this turn around has value. 

It's not even an X's and O's thing but they just fired a defensive-minded HC that had success in the league. I suspect that they're looking more towards a younger coach that can grow and build with the team, more likely on offense. Which is why Johnson is being considered to be the leading candidate over someone like Mike Vrabel (at least at the moment).