New Coordinators

Louis Friend

Rumor mill says Ben Johnson and Aaron Glenn will be interviewing for HC jobs. There is a strong chance Lions will lose one if not both of their coordinators this offseason. So who do we replace them with? In house promotions? Hire someone? Let’s get some names of who you have your eyes on. 

24 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

From talking to Jets fans, Saleh isn’t near the hot seat. 

I wasn't expecting Vrabel to be fired (maybe a mutual parting or a trade) but I really don't see Saleh being fired this year. 

I'd consider Arthur Smith for the OC job. The Titans had a top-tier rushing offense when he was OC in 2019/2020. How much of that was Derrick Henry? Hard to say. However, he was a hot candidate for HC. How he couldn't get Kyle Pitts and Bijan Robinson going is hard to say and something to look into. 

3 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

I wasn't expecting Vrabel to be fired (maybe a mutual parting or a trade) but I really don't see Saleh being fired this year. 

I'd consider Arthur Smith for the OC job. The Titans had a top-tier rushing offense when he was OC in 2019/2020. How much of that was Derrick Henry? Hard to say. However, he was a hot candidate for HC. How he couldn't get Kyle Pitts and Bijan Robinson going is hard to say and something to look into. 

That's exactly why I don't want him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, General Tso said:

That's exactly why I don't want him.

Some guys are really good coordinators but bad HC's. Could it have been that he was overwhelmed with the other parts of running the team and therefore not able to come up with an effective plan? Was the front office and the coaching staff on different pages when it came to team building? 

48 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Personally, I think Arthur Smith would not be a good fit.  He seems to want to run a Bo Shembechler offense.  We have ARSB, Sam LaPorta and Jameson Williams as weapons right now and they are only going to improve.  We need someone who can run a diverse offense.

I get the impression from MCDC they want to promote from within. I'd expect current Passing Game Coordinator Tanner Engstrand to move into OC and someone like Kelvin Sheppard to take over as DC.

It'll really be interesting/devastating to see how many other coaches or executives get poached and go with Ben Johnson or AG. Could be quite the domino effect.

• Like 1