New HC 2024?

20 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

I know we still have the playoffs to go....

but tbh I want Bowles gone regardless

what do yall think??

I just saw that the Titans fired Vrabel, he's my number 1 vote as of right now. He brings toughness and discipline.

I agree that Vrabel would be a great pairing with Baker--both hard-nosed gamer types. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

With Bellichek now out in New England, you would have to think Vrabel is headed there. 

sadly , that's a great point

I just love Vrabel's toughness and coaching style, he's was definitely learning while playing for BB and his coaching style shows it

no doubt Vrabel to the Pats is a shoe in, about as much of a lock as you could get haha

I'm expecting a loss to the Iggles this week and im not a big fan of Bowels staying so i really would like a new HC

i would even take BB himself if he decided to follow El Goat down to Champa Bay (can you imagine if he came here and won us another chip??? 🤣)

4 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

sadly , that's a great point

I just love Vrabel's toughness and coaching style, he's was definitely learning while playing for BB and his coaching style shows it

no doubt Vrabel to the Pats is a shoe in, about as much of a lock as you could get haha

I'm expecting a loss to the Iggles this week and im not a big fan of Bowels staying so i really would like a new HC

i would even take BB himself if he decided to follow El Goat down to Champa Bay (can you imagine if he came here and won us another chip??? 🤣)

Same here, I fully expect the Eagles to hand it to us this week. I don't think Glazer's move on from Bowles though coming off a technical 'winning' season. Sadly I agree though, don't see this team improving while he's at the helm.

Ironically, I think there is a real good chance we could be playing against a Bellicheck led team 2x a season, as I think Atlanta is a real target for him. 

On 1/12/2024 at 8:53 AM, kgarrett12486 said:

@BucsDraftGeek47 the Vrabel dream lives. The Pats stayed internal and hired Mayo as their next HC. 

nuts

but now that Bowles won last night, be probably gets another year

im not super upset by it tbh as long as Canales stays and keeps trending positively, we should be in the thick of it next year too

but i do still wonder if keeping Bowles and Baker  is the right move

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

nuts

but now that Bowles won last night, be probably gets another year

im not super upset by it tbh as long as Canales stays and keeps trending positively, we should be in the thick of it next year too

but i do still wonder if keeping Bowles and Baker  is the right move

Canales and Baker is the right move.

8 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

Canales and Baker is the right move.

Canales I think is great
(he does need to figure out how to get a ground game going though, Rachaad is too good to be getting stuffed all the time by this awful run scheme we currently run)

but Canales will probably get poached for a HC next year if he does what he did this year again in 24, because i dont think we'll upgrade him to HC like we did Koetter, FO will probably want a sexy name or something

Baker is good but I'm still not convinced, Evans/Godwin make him look better than he is imo and if we dont keep Evans somehow Baker will suffer for it, I think he is an NFL starter level QB, not Franchise level QB 

Best case scenario we keep Evans on a team friendly deal, Baker gets a pay bump up into a 3 year 18-20ish M range (NOT 30M) and we still draft a developmental QB (idk maybe Bo Nix or  McCarthy dont wow at the combine and fall to mid round 2/3) that way we can still get a top level Edge or G in the 1st

2 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Canales I think is great
(he does need to figure out how to get a ground game going though, Rachaad is too good to be getting stuffed all the time by this awful run scheme we currently run)

Is White good? It's really hard to tell. Also, the OL needs an upgrade, which might help the run game on its own. I'm still drafting an RB if I'm the Bucs. I see White as more of a #2, but maybe I'm wrong on that.

but Canales will probably get poached for a HC next year if he does what he did this year again in 24, because i dont think we'll upgrade him to HC like we did Koetter, FO will probably want a sexy name or something

I think the right move is Canales at HC if they want to keep him, bit I guess we'll see what happens.

Baker is good but I'm still not convinced,

Oh you will be, my friend

Evans/Godwin make him look better than he is imo and if we dont keep Evans somehow Baker will suffer for it, I think he is an NFL starter level QB, not Franchise level QB 

Baker just needs a few years in the same system and some trust by the team. Fwiw, the Bucs just killed the Eagles in the playoffs and Baker played better than the receivers in that game.

Best case scenario we keep Evans on a team friendly deal, Baker gets a pay bump up into a 3 year 18-20ish M range (NOT 30M) and we still draft a developmental QB (idk maybe Bo Nix or  McCarthy dont wow at the combine and fall to mid round 2/3) that way we can still get a top level Edge or G in the 1st

I think McCarthy is going back to school. But yeah, keep Evans and Baker. They're a good combo.

On 1/17/2024 at 10:55 AM, NudeTayne said:

Is White good? It's really hard to tell. Also, the OL needs an upgrade, which might help the run game on its own. I'm still drafting an RB if I'm the Bucs. I see White as more of a #2, but maybe I'm wrong on that.

I think the right move is Canales at HC if they want to keep him, bit I guess we'll see what happens.

Oh you will be, my friend

Baker just needs a few years in the same system and some trust by the team. Fwiw, the Bucs just killed the Eagles in the playoffs and Baker played better than the receivers in that game.

I think McCarthy is going back to school. But yeah, keep Evans and Baker. They're a good combo.

Here is some help my friend

how many times in the playoffs has Brady played as good as mayfield on these 2equations

50 against the division winner Pittsburgh Steelers 

having a 120 rating against last years conference champ.

canals then pay him head coach money and tell him if we win the super-bowl next year a yacht.

draft do not be stupid draft 1 of speedsters 

and let the nfc worry about how they are going to stop that offense.

running back next year with 2 out of this world lineman.

Mike Evan’s pay the man you could extend him lower cap hit this year.

Edited by mtmmike
Stupid
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, mtmmike said:

Here is some help my friend

how many times in the playoffs has Brady played as good as mayfield on these 2equations

50 against the division winner Pittsburgh Steelers 

having a 120 rating against last years conference champ.

canals then pay him head coach money and tell him if we win the super-bowl next year a yacht.

draft do not be stupid draft 1 of speedsters 

and let the nfc worry about how they are going to stop that offense.

running back next year with 2 out of this world lineman.

Mike Evan’s pay the man you could extend him lower cap hit this year.

This all sounds great. I want them to keep Evans. Him and Baker have looked special together. And yeah, the team needs some speed and o-line.

On 1/19/2024 at 2:09 PM, NudeTayne said:

This all sounds great. I want them to keep Evans. Him and Baker have looked special together. And yeah, the team needs some speed and o-line.

Bowles really lucked out that the Saints stumbled down the stretch 

If it wasn't for that , we would have missed the playoffs and he'd more than likely be gone

But now with the good showings in these 2 playoff games he's locked in for at least 1 more year

He did a good job in finding Canales though and I'm excited to see his growth next year

The main thing I hate about Bowles is his soft 3rd and long defense

• Like 1