Pats fire Bill Belichick.

Sad day. Can't have any complaints after consistently blowing it with the offense post-Brady, but we'll never see anything like BB again and that's a travesty. I'm guessing Vrabel becoming available sealed the deal for the Krafts, I'd be shocked if anyone else gets the job. Hopefully in tandem with JMD, Adam Peters. You'd have the makings of something at least vaguely resembling the sum of what Belichick brought to the table, minus the blind favoritism with certain coaches and his kids hopefully. Mayo staying would be a huge win given the connection he has with a really promising defense. It's not doom and gloom, but they're gonna need to nail this as much as they did the last time the HC seat was vacant.

• Like 2

As a Dolphins fan I love Shula but BB without a doubt is the greatest pro coach ever in my opinion. I believe he still intends to coach but he has nothing left to prove his legacy is set in stone. Can’t imagine having to step into those shoes like Alabama. For years the Patriots were the villains of the NFL because they were so consistently good. Nothing but respect to him for all he contributed to in accomplishing for your franchise. 

• Like 3

I remember an interview with Bill over a decade ago asking how long he would coach for. He eluded the question to a degree but I remember him saying he wasn't going to still be coaching as long as Marv Levy did. Well Marv was 72 his final year and Bill is currently 71 years and 270 days old. Funny how that worked out if he actually retires.

I knew this day would come eventually. I was really hoping he would give it one more year here but be left out of the drafting decisions but that was wishful thinking. I know it's best for the team to move on completely but I still feel sick to see him go. I was spoiled rotten as a football fan and witnessed something that will never be duplicated again. Thank you Bill for everything you have done to bring greatness to Pats Nation.

• Like 3