Wild Card weekend GDT

Forge

18 minutes ago, Forge said:

Do you think the 49ers have the worst defense in the league?

No absolutely not the worse defense in the league but they are not playing as well as people are saying they're playing. Since the Eagles game I've seen alot of issues on the ground. With that being said I definitely think the Packers offense fit the criteria of an offense that can give the Niners defense problems. Right now I view the Packers and the Rams if they advance as the 2 most dangerous teams in the NFC playoffs. I don't fear the Eagles, Lions & Bucs one bit in case you were wondering. 

2 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

I know Glock hasn't played yet, but Dak was 2nd Team All Pro? :)

He deserved it just as well. It's a regular season accolade and he was good in the regular season

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

He deserved it just as well. It's a regular season accolade and he was good in the regular season

Ehhhh...fair enough, but at the same time he played a much easier slate of squads. Still don't see how he leapfrogged our boy, but whatever. 

7 minutes ago, NFL Network said:

No absolutely not the worse defense in the league but they are not playing as well as people are saying they're playing. Since the Eagles game I've seen alot of issues on the ground. With that being said I definitely think the Packers offense fit the criteria of an offense that can give the Niners defense problems. Right now I view the Packers and the Rams if they advance as the 2 most dangerous teams in the NFC playoffs. I don't fear the Eagles, Lions & Bucs one bit in case you were wondering. 

They were missing Armstead, who I expect back. Hargrave missed the Cardinals game. 

Green Bay has to travel, has a short week. 

49ers will have to do some damage in the pass rush. That should be the concern. Love is mobile which gives the defense fits and too often this year the defense went through stretches where they couldn't bring QBs down. 

You don't get to the QB, a lot of them will tear you apart. 

The green Bay offense is legit, but so is the niners offense

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

They were missing Armstead, who I expect back. Hargrave missed the Cardinals game. 

49ers will have to do some damage in the pass rush. That should be the concern. Love is mobile which gives the defense fits and too often this year the defense went through stretches where they couldn't bring QBs down. 

When Purdy's had the time Dak did, he's done some dirty, dirty things. I think the defense will give up their share and hold their share against Green Bay. If our offensive line doesn't get killed, I'm pretty convinced we'll do terrible damage with the run game and over the middle of the field. But that's always a little bit of an if.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, JIllg said:

When Purdy's had the time Dak did, he's done some dirty, dirty things. I think the defense will give up their share and hold their share against Green Bay. If our offensive line doesn't get killed, I'm pretty convinced we'll do terrible damage with the run game and over the middle of the field. But that's always a little bit of an if.

Honestly, the niners have the best offense and the best defense left in the NFC. Teams can absolutely win against them, and it's not even that small of a percentage (I'd probably pick the Packers 1 in 3 or so), but the niners should absolutely be favored to move to the super bowl. Anything less is a massive failure and disappointment. I just can't be that worried about it before it happens. Disappointments happen, but I'm just not going to predict it here and be nervous

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yes I do agree the loss of Arik Armstead has effected the run defense. What worries me is that the Packers offensive line is somehow rebuilt even with all pro LT David Batahari done for the season once again. 

I'm hoping the Niners offense doesn't all of a sudden make the Packers defense look elite all of a sudden. This has to be a run heavy game b/c the Packers have some play makers in the secondary in the form of Jaire Alexander & Darnell Savage. Also the Packers have a pass rush with Preston Smith, Rashan Gary & Luke Van Ness. 

5 minutes ago, StevenK said:

Concern I have so far, it’s a possibility of rain nxt week for this game.  

I did hear that may be the case and I'm definitely not a fan of that if it happens

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

I did hear that may be the case and I'm definitely not a fan of that if it happens

Didn't it rain in the Philly game? As long as it isn't a monsoon, I'm not super concerned. 

• Like 3