New general manager?

the pats are apparently waiting to do a GM until after the draft this according to schefter and phil perry. sticking with groh and wolf until then. this whole thing just feels likw theyre clueless and were lucky brady entered the picture after the parcells years.

3 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

the pats are apparently waiting to do a GM until after the draft this according to schefter and phil perry. sticking with groh and wolf until then. this whole thing just feels likw theyre clueless and were lucky brady entered the picture after the parcells years.

Lol

So they fired the best coach in the NFL because they needed new voices in personnel decisions and couldn't do that with Bill here

And now they're going to let the same people who were advising Bill for the last few years make the #3 pick in the draft? 

It was always personal

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mission27 said:

Lol

So they fired the best coach in the NFL because they needed new voices in personnel decisions and couldn't do that with Bill here

And now they're going to let the same people who were advising Bill for the last few years make the #3 pick in the draft? 

It was always personal

bill got rid of brady because he was eager to prove how valuable he is and now the krafts have gotten rid of bill for the same thing albeit bill gave them little choice compared to brady. the krafts just have ruined the whole process despite their best intentions to transition smoothly and i think the future will be bleak with jonathan kraft in command.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Apparition said:

Any chance we can get Caserio back? 

I asked the same thing a while ago. I'd love it, hope no bridges were burned with the Krafts. I think for him it would be mostly about getting the same powers he has in HOU + better money.

Edited by LD696
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DoleINGout said:

bill got rid of brady because he was eager to prove how valuable he is and now the krafts have gotten rid of bill for the same thing albeit bill gave them little choice compared to brady. the krafts just have ruined the whole process despite their best intentions to transition smoothly and i think the future will be bleak with jonathan kraft in command.

Tbh I think its less about proving their value externally and more just a big-ego **** measuring contest between the three on a personal level

I'd LOVE to know when/why/how that started, because things really did seem pretty good until maybe 5-6 years ago

2 minutes ago, mission27 said:

Tbh I think its less about proving their value externally and more just a big-ego **** measuring contest between the three on a personal level

I'd LOVE to know when/why/how that started, because things really did seem pretty good until maybe 5-6 years ago

I think it really began when Belichick drafted Jimmy G. At the time, it felt like a sensible move. But then Brady took it personally, doubled down on playing into his 40s, and then it became a game of attrition in which Belichick bet against Tom and lost. Kraft didn't like the fact that BB bet against Tom, and even less that he forced him to choose sides. This could've been smoothed over if the post-Brady era had gone as intended, but then McDaniels took the Raiders job and BB catastrophically botched Mac's development after that. And then there was no coming back.

tl;dr: BB pissed off TB by making decisions that seemed sensible at the time, which consequently drew a wedge between himself and RK. And then he sabotaged Mac, whom RK really liked. And that was it.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Apparition said:

I think it really began when Belichick drafted Jimmy G. At the time, it felt like a sensible move. But then Brady took it personally, doubled down on playing into his 40s, and then it became a game of attrition in which Belichick bet against Tom and lost. Kraft didn't like the fact that BB bet against Tom, and even less that he forced him to choose sides. This could've been smoothed over if the post-Brady era had gone as intended, but then McDaniels took the Raiders job and BB catastrophically botched Mac's development after that. And then there was no coming back.

tl;dr: BB pissed off TB by making decisions that seemed sensible at the time, which consequently drew a wedge between himself and RK. And then he sabotaged Mac, whom RK really liked. And that was it.

I wonder if its ever occurred to RKK that any QB capable of being permanently sabotaged by Belichick's mind games was never going to be the next Brady anyway