Commanders hiring Adam Peters as GM

NYRaider

3 hours ago, nagahide13 said:

How much responsibility has he had during the 49ers drafts? Is that all Shanny and Lynch?

Nobody outside actually knows for sure, or at least I don't, but the general thought is Peters and his guys are the ones who mostly have nailed all the late round successes. Purdy, Elijah Mitchell, Hufanga, Lenoir, mckivitz, Jauan Jennings, Dre greenlaw, etc all drafted in round 5 or later. Also some of the smaller FA signings/trades, the Laken Tomlinson deal years ago comes to mind. The 1st/2nd/3rd round whiffs can usually be attributed right to Lynch or Kyle.. but they have some gems of their own too.

A lot of 49er fans assumed/hoped Lynch would leave for TV and hand the reigns over, and he may have if they beat KC in that Super Bowl. As it stands, I just hope Lynch is in it for the long haul 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, adamq said:

Nobody outside actually knows for sure, or at least I don't, but the general thought is Peters and his guys are the ones who mostly have nailed all the late round successes. Purdy, Elijah Mitchell, Hufanga, Lenoir, mckivitz, Jauan Jennings, Dre greenlaw, etc all drafted in round 5 or later. Also some of the smaller FA signings/trades, the Laken Tomlinson deal years ago comes to mind. The 1st/2nd/3rd round whiffs can usually be attributed right to Lynch or Kyle.. but they have some gems of their own too.

A lot of 49er fans assumed/hoped Lynch would leave for TV and hand the reigns over, and he may have if they beat KC in that Super Bowl. As it stands, I just hope Lynch is in it for the long haul 

I think Ran Carthon was the one who liked Elijah Mitchell. Laken Tomlinson was likely spearheaded by Martin Mayhew as he was the GM who drafted him. 

Purdy, i've read that it was area scout Steve Slowik & coaches Brian Griese & Klay Kubiak. 

My memory may be off but i remember that Peters was a big believer in Kittle 

Not trying to nitpick, just that we don't really know who's responsible for what. 

That being said, regardless of which exact players he picked/didn't pick, he was a big reason for our success and it hurts to see him go. The 49ers likely would have been better off promoting Peters than Lynch. Alas, i think we'll ultimately be fine, and so will the Commanders. Homerun of a hire 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

I think Ran Carthon was the one who liked Elijah Mitchell. Laken Tomlinson was likely spearheaded by Martin Mayhew as he was the GM who drafted him. 

Purdy, i've read that it was area scout Steve Slowik & coaches Brian Griese & Klay Kubiak. 

My memory may be off but i remember that Peters was a big believer in Kittle 

Not trying to nitpick, just that we don't really know who's responsible for what. 

That being said, regardless of which exact players he picked/didn't pick, he was a big reason for our success and it hurts to see him go. The 49ers likely would have been better off promoting Peters than Lynch. Alas, i think we'll ultimately be fine, and so will the Commanders. Homerun of a hire 

Ryans seems to have been the primary proponent of greenlaw as well

• Like 2