Posting Issues

Sorry to go this route but at wits end. Am I the only one having problems? I've tried contacting the WebMaster - no avail/ no help. 

Sometimes everything is fine- like right now ! Others, I click on "quote" and it takes me back to the top and pop up ads. If I click "reply to this topic" .. It's nothing-won't let me type anything in the posting box. Would appreciate any help/ideas since it seems sure to happened again. It's been on/ off for a least a month. Mods ??

I've tried to "sign out" and back in but when it isn't working it doesn't bring up the sign out option . VERY frustrated ! Somehow think it's related to all the pop up ads .

• Like 1

Just now, RSkinGM said:

Sorry to go this route but at wits end. Am I the only one having problems? I've tried contacting the WebMaster - no avail/ no help. 

Sometimes everything is fine- like right now ! Others, I click on "quote" and it takes me back to the top and pop up ads. If I click "reply to this topic" .. It's nothing-won't let me type anything in the posting box. Would appreciate any help/ideas since it seems sure to happened again. It's been on/ off for a least a month. Mods ??

I've tried to "sign out" and back in but when it isn't working it doesn't bring up the sign out option . VERY frustrated ! Somehow think it's related to all the pop up ads .

I've had the same problem multiple times. Most of the time it happens on mobile, but I have occasionally had issues on desktop as well. Clicking quote either yields no response or reloads the page to not let you post in the comment box. Also any likes that I make during this time cause a force refresh.

1 minute ago, Slappy Mc said:

I've had the same problem multiple times. Most of the time it happens on mobile, but I have occasionally had issues on desktop as well. Clicking quote either yields no response or reloads the page to not let you post in the comment box. Also any likes that I make during this time cause a force refresh.

sounds like the same issues. Guess I'm glad to hear it's not just me. I only use "desktop" BTW . Thank you for the reply !

4 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I think its happening to everyone

Well, I frequently see you guys posting something new when I can't ! Maybe it just moves around to diff posters at diff times. Getting old ! .. me,,and this issue !😬

I experience sometimes then I can’t post something when I’m on mobile and trying to edit something.

I will close the browser and then go back in.

This has been an issue since we switched to the new format 5 years ago or whatever. I just figured it was me and I didn’t tell anyone.

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

Well, I frequently see you guys posting something new when I can't ! Maybe it just moves around to diff posters at diff times. Getting old ! .. me,,and this issue !😬

It happens to me on my work laptop constantly 

52 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I can go ahead and mention this to him again.  I will say that I’ve never experienced the issues you are talking about, and I know they were prevalent a few months ago.  

Thanks, I had it again yesterday for nnnth time . ! Today it's O K ..so far 

I’m sorry you’re having technical problems.  Unfortunately, these issues are very difficult to track down.   They are only occurring to some members and they come and go almost randomly.  The problem is there are so many variations that each member could be using and it's likely just an issue with a specific device type, or browser type, or wifi, or some combination.  

Here are few tips that have worked in the past.

1. Clear browser cache, cookies, and reboot your device.
  2. Try using a different device temporarily.
  3. Disable browser ad-ons.
  4. Log out and log back in
  5. Use a different browser
  6. Switch from WiFi to mobile data.

In the future,  if you have technical problems or issues please send me a PM or use the feedback forum.  

• Like 2