Divisional Round: San Francisco 49ers vs Green Bay Packers

All these Kyle stats about being 0 for in games down by X amount is so stupid. Just in 2019 we won two games down four on a last minute TD but that doesn't count because the team wasn't down entering the 4th quarter? The Packers game in the 2021 season doesn't count because they were down 7-3 to start the 4th quarter even though the Packers kicked a FG to take a 10-3 lead a minute or so in the 4th quarter? 

Forgot to give props to Moody but that 52 yarder ended up being the difference. Big time. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Props to J Moo for that 52 yarder in the rain. 

Ha just said the same thing! 

Purdy mentioned the Browns/Vikings/Bengals games as learning experiences and how they have too many good players not to come through in these situations. Dead on. Big difference in this game was that Brock took what the defense was giving him and was not trying to force throws in tight coverages. 

We have to remember how young this kid is. Younger than Love lol. 

19 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

That's actually how I look at it...

We didn't win, the Packers just lost.

I have no faith in the defense to slow down anybody from the AFC.

Whether it's the Lions or Bucs, I think they'll give up there fair share of yards & points next week.

The offense will be better if the weather permits but I have lost faith in this defense to get off the field on 3rd & Long or 3rd & manageables. 

I've said it ALL year, the front four don't affect the pocket enough for the amount of money and resources poured into it. Thomas is feast or famine most times on the outside. 

Granted, we gave up some plays due to guys losing their footing but again, we knew about the rain ALL week...I didn't see any of the Packers defenders slipping & sliding.

Just a big meh for me on that side of the ball moving forward.

Better pray for the Bucs b/c the Lions offense can really expose this Niners defense. I won't even be too angry if they lose in the NFC title game b/c it'll just mean they don't get a chance to lose to the AFC winner in the SB.

You hit the nail on the head as the Packers also had to play in the rain and nobody made excuses that the rain caused them to lose the game. I was assuming the game would at least go to OT but thankfully Jordan Love made like Jimmy and gift wrapped the game to them. I don't think Baker or Goff will do that next week for the Niners. 

22 minutes ago, Forge said:

Agreed, and this will be a massive problem against Detroit. Sewell is going to eat Bosa's lunch. 

But a problem for another day

You rooting for the Bucs as well? I'd take the Bucs offense but the Bucs defense would be able to make Brock look like even more crap and they can stop the run.

2 minutes ago, NFL Network said:

You rooting for the Bucs as well? I'd take the Bucs offense but the Bucs defense would be able to make Brock look like even more crap and they can stop the run.

I'm rooting for the lions