Divisional Round: San Francisco 49ers vs Green Bay Packers

The rain is going to get worse as the game continues. Starting off with light rain and then there will be a fairly significant amount of rain the rest of the game. 

Time for #13 to answer some questions tonight. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

This sucked haha.

Woodall was such a good middle linebacker at that time.  That was a solid team.  1992, 1997, 2011, 2012, and 2013 all live rent free in my head.  Sometimes I still thing about the timeout Harbaugh has from the Superbowl against the ravens.  I wonder if the Time out is playing little league yet, I know it has a birthday coming up.  It's going to be 9 years old this year.

I have very high expectations for this team this year, but I also understand how hard it is.  I'm not nervous about today's game, I don't know why I am not nervous, but I am feeling pretty chill.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

The rain is going to get worse as the game continues. Starting off with light rain and then there will be a fairly significant amount of rain the rest of the game. 

Time for #13 to answer some questions tonight. 

Better not come out rusty. There's no time to acclimate. Have to come out and score points right away. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Better not come out rusty. There's no time to acclimate. Have to come out and score points right away. 

For sure, the Packers have been starting out hot in recent weeks and when they get up, they don't let off the gas. 

The team hasn't played serious ball for three weeks but they don't have the luxury to start out slow. Need to always be in front and in control of the game. 

11 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

For sure, the Packers have been starting out hot in recent weeks and when they get up, they don't let off the gas. 

The team hasn't played serious ball for three weeks but they don't have the luxury to start out slow. Need to always be in front and in control of the game. 

If the rain is going to get worse as the game progresses, I'll be very concerned for the second half if the niners aren't up by double digits

1 hour ago, Forge said:

If the rain is going to get worse as the game progresses, I'll be very concerned for the second half if the niners aren't up by double digits

Well if the Niners win the toss they better not defer b/c they need the ball in order to score points. The rain might work against the Packers as well especially they're defense with regards to tacking the ball carrier. 

12 minutes ago, NFL Network said:

Well if the Niners win the toss they better not defer b/c they need the ball in order to score points. The rain might work against the Packers as well especially they're defense with regards to tacking the ball carrier. 

Kyle already said he will defer like always if he wins the coin toss lol. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

This is why I didn’t wanna rest everybody against the rams. If they’re rusty for a couple drives, that may be enough to turn the game to the packers. 

1 minute ago, straighthate said:

This is why I didn’t wanna rest everybody against the rams. If they’re rusty for a couple drives, that may be enough to turn the game to the packers. 

Ordinarily, wouldn't worry about that. Rain that's going to get worse complicates matters. 

The spreads moved around a bit all week and is back up to 10. I do t bet at all, so no idea if that’s normal. But if not, is that because of the weather and perceived Niners will benefit from that? Feels like more and more people are picking the packers so I thought it would get tighter, but like I said, I don’t know much about betting odds and all that. 

14 minutes ago, straighthate said:

The spreads moved around a bit all week and is back up to 10. I do t bet at all, so no idea if that’s normal. But if not, is that because of the weather and perceived Niners will benefit from that? Feels like more and more people are picking the packers so I thought it would get tighter, but like I said, I don’t know much about betting odds and all that. 

The line moved up b/c the books might be getting too much money on the Niners to cover and thus they have to increase the number so they can entice betters to put money on the Packers by giving them more points to take. The bookmakers want to get money as equally as possible on both teams in order for the outcome having to payout more to one side if the more popular betting side does in fact win.